Amateur Leixia player needs help

Lexy

[08] Mercenary
Hi everyone

So I started in late SC IV. Xianghua was my main and I got a pathetic 20% win ratio no matter how hard I tried. I was a noob, fine. When started with V, I naturally picked Leixia as my main and I was doing OK. Up to this date I had about 1300 or so matches online and about 75% ratio.

Ok so I guess my result is above average. And I soooo want to believe that the characters in this game are balanced. But I can't help.

Yeah this is another whining thread complaining about Leixia but I am here to look for advice. And I try to use as many reasons as possible to prove my points.

First thing I have to say is, why does it take soooo much effort to win a match using Leixia. I also use nightmare from time to time. It was just soooo easy. Winning a match with Leixia, even a against a half decent player, is just a monumental effort.

Against relatively new players I usually have no problem wining. I play very aggressively but not spamming. I try to predict their move and strategically place my moves. And I find that with Leixia, I either win with not very much doubt. Or I lose completely, there just is nothing I can try to sway the battle towards my favour even a little bit.

START READING HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO HEAR MY STORY

The type of players I always lose to is, well you probably guessed, turtles. who just keep guarding, stay a bit farther than throw range (or knows how to break throws) and there is simply nothing I try that will work.

Here comes my reasons.
1. She has no good lows. 2A+B and 11AA can both be reaction blocked and the feint version is just pathetically slow and can be easily countered.

2. What is up with the 33/99 BB whiff these days, isn't that supposed to be a slight tracking move? especially when whey are grounded?

3. So what about zoners, Leixia has few if any good approaching moves. So many times I get pissed off by the zoners just standing there waiting for me to take the initiative, just pathetic cowards.

4. Range. Her range is slightly better than maxi and natsu, but anyone else will best her in range. And of course that brings me to damage.

5. ..................what can I say about damage..................so many times I pull off a super combo then look at the opponent's health bar, sigh and laugh. So she has to attack about 20,30 times to kill someone. More attack means more opening for the opponent to counter.

So what should i do. I don't mind losing to a skilled player but losing to a complete coward with little skill and just holding that G button so tight, really pisses me off.

Do you agree that Leixia is way too weak in all aspects. Especially when matched up against the major players.

People say she has safety and speed. But every character has a fast move. and that's enough to counter her. like i said above, so many more attacks leads to so many more openings. Safety doing count much when your opponent can finish you in just 3 combos.

I tried to play defensively as well. But the result is always bad. She just can't deal enough damage to reward defence.

Advice please. I plan on sticking with her no matter how much I think she is unbalanced. Maybe that determination can earn an reply from you?

thanks in advance

Hi! Im a leixia player too since i like chinese martial art sword dacing fight style from xianghua sc3. To me leixia is ok but im just so frustrating about namco nerf her damage output in the patch 1.02. im agreed with the following your ur points
1. Exactly true! Lack of low hit while other has many tricky low hits! You still remember xianghua has the same moves like that ? but xianghua is trickier since she's has low then mid or low then low instead of low to low like leixia :(. Fix that Namco. Look at mitsu and natsu, so many low and high mixed up.
2. Compared to xianghua, her ground whiff is bad ever, i missed all the times if ur opponent roll to another side fast enough.
3. Range is good but if you compared to mitsu range and high damage, uhm leixia is nothing :(. They said that leixia is a better version of xianghua and bigger range but i dont c any.
4. With damage my god, she is already has low damage out put since the first day this game is released. I just cant believed that Namco nerfed her damage output in 1.02. I was so so sad with this nerf and no wondered kayane changed to viola, i guess namco want kayane to try a new character instead of our chinese sword :(. Look at natsu, no matter how many nerfed damage they gave her, she is still have crazy damage output in combos with or without meter
5. Her switching just kidding moves should better improve for the next patch if available. Is just keep miss the poke if ur opponent moves a side by accident. I hate that :(. If they gave her that tricky moves why not make it faster for abit so it will truely tricky instead of slow come out and get hit by ur opponent.
Anyway, i dont meant to be any racist here, but if you look and think about it you will understand my point. Thank you :)

I agree that it's hard for us Leixia players nowadays. i get frustrated when i face a mitsu player and they see i picked Leixia then have the nerve to complain about her. they have a simple yet high damaging character with many 50-50 low or mid games that it's not even funny. leixia has only two good zoning moves. 66AA (which isn't even that great because some characters like Natsu can punish easily) and 66K (which is a safer option but so low damaging that it doesn't mean much even if it does hit. it's more meant for follow ups like after Leixia's CE)

her 33BB is garbage in my opinion. only good for combos where it's guaranteed. her 8A+K needs to be better somehow. Leixia's one of the few if not the only character that has a move that's completely useless unless in a very particular situation like soul crush. been playing the game since it came out and only got one counter hit on 8A+K.

her AA(BE) is also dependent on the situation (like soul crush or if 44(A) lands) using it any other time is risky because the last hit isn't guaranteed unless the opponent is hit by 44(A) or is in Soul Crush state.

WRB(BE) isn't even the best choice anymore because the auto-GI window is delayed now.

one thing that Leixia is good at is soul crushing opponents that block too much. moves like 3A+B, K does a good amount of SG damage and if they start to catch on then fake out the K and do any of her WR moves or just low kick. 44aB is also a great SG damage move for those hesitant players or super defensive ones. Leixia is still kinda good but just takes about 80% more effort to actually beat someone with.

all in all i would suggest picking up a back up character as well. Leixia can only seem to get her players so far now.

I agree that it's hard for us Leixia players nowadays. i get frustrated when i face a mitsu player and they see i picked Leixia then have the nerve to complain about her. they have a simple yet high damaging character with many 50-50 low or mid games that it's not even funny. leixia has only two good zoning moves. 66AA (which isn't even that great because some characters like Natsu can punish easily) and 66K (which is a safer option but so low damaging that it doesn't mean much even if it does hit. it's more meant for follow ups like after Leixia's CE)

her 33BB is garbage in my opinion. only good for combos where it's guaranteed. her 8A+K needs to be better somehow. Leixia's one of the few if not the only character that has a move that's completely useless unless in a very particular situation like soul crush. been playing the game since it came out and only got one counter hit on 8A+K.

her AA(BE) is also dependent on the situation (like soul crush or if 44(A) lands) using it any other time is risky because the last hit isn't guaranteed unless the opponent is hit by 44(A) or is in Soul Crush state.

WRB(BE) isn't even the best choice anymore because the auto-GI window is delayed now.

one thing that Leixia is good at is soul crushing opponents that block too much. moves like 3A+B, K does a good amount of SG damage and if they start to catch on then fake out the K and do any of her WR moves or just low kick. 44aB is also a great SG damage move for those hesitant players or super defensive ones. Leixia is still kinda good but just takes about 80% more effort to actually beat someone with.

all in all i would suggest picking up a back up character as well. Leixia can only seem to get her players so far now.
Hi! Ya! I like her 44aB or the other just kidding moves alot but just want it to come out faster. you can easily trick normal player but good player i dont think so. You will get hit 4 out of 10 if they see the incoming of just kidding moves :( and sometimes if they moved aside the just kidding moves poke will miss the last hit and u will eat a big damage if you facing natsu, nightmare or mitsu :(.

especially nightmare or mitsu. 44B is a lifesaver from a lot of situations though. i just start feeling bad if i use it too much in certain matches. maybe i shouldn't if i'm up against mitsu or especially maxi.

I would suggest watching my tutorials... I can tell you haven't seen it yet when you say 33BB is garbage, lol.

I would suggest watching my tutorials... I can tell you haven't seen it yet when you say 33BB is garbage, lol.
33BB is good zero but just miss tracking grounded opponent sometimes and it very frustrating. Vicents got his points tho, the 33BB is good for combos but not for tracking in most opponents grounded situation

if you delay the 33BB a little bit you will track their roll.
the problem with me is people roll when they see my character twitch. sense there's a delay to all diagonal inputs. i just go safe with 66K unless they're in a corner. i'll give your tutorials a looksie to see if i can find anything new to try out.

P.S. i'll be on PSN tomorrow night around 10 or 11p.m. pacific time and on and off after that.

Yes I'm on PSN. Might be online tomorrow sometime. PSN name is the same as forum name.
Ty :)! Please go to posted thread earlier and comments on what you think about my thread and give your comments on leixia in patch 1.04 update if available thanks. I will sign back later on and check. BB

Thank you for all the replies. Such a nice community. I'm gonna try to reply to each person individually.

Hi! Im a leixia player too since i like chinese martial art sword dacing fight style from xianghua sc3. To me leixia is ok but im just so frustrating about namco nerf her damage output in the patch 1.02. im agreed with the following your ur points
1. Exactly true! Lack of low hit while other has many tricky low hits! You still remember xianghua has the same moves like that ? but xianghua is trickier since she's has low then mid or low then low instead of low to low like leixia :(. Fix that Namco. Look at mitsu and natsu, so many low and high mixed up.
2. Compared to xianghua, her ground whiff is bad ever, i missed all the times if ur opponent roll to another side fast enough.
3. Range is good but if you compared to mitsu range and high damage, uhm leixia is nothing :(. They said that leixia is a better version of xianghua and bigger range but i dont c any.
4. With damage my god, she is already has low damage out put since the first day this game is released. I just cant believed that Namco nerfed her damage output in 1.02. I was so so sad with this nerf and no wondered kayane changed to viola, i guess namco want kayane to try a new character instead of our chinese sword :(. Look at natsu, no matter how many nerfed damage they gave her, she is still have crazy damage output in combos with or without meter
5. Her switching just kidding moves should better improve for the next patch if available. Is just keep miss the poke if ur opponent moves a side by accident. I hate that :(. If they gave her that tricky moves why not make it faster for abit so it will truely tricky instead of slow come out and get hit by ur opponent.
Anyway, i dont meant to be any racist here, but if you look and think about it you will understand my point. Thank you :)

I was happy they give her more range than Xianghua. But realistically in the game, the only person you can try to zone is Maxi. Anyone else, you will have to make sure you are in their face to be able to deal damage. Otherwise a whiff will cost you the battle.

I was sad that Kayane moved away from Leixia. That says a lot doesn't it. Someone who mained her since SC I moves away from her, hope Namco notices this and respond.

66AA is so easily punishable if blocked. 66K hits grounded but does a laughable 23 damage or so.

AA BE does NOT work after guard crush because your first high will miss. and 44[A] is just plain useless unless you get really really lucky. And the 1.02 patch made it come out even slower made me wonder what those people were thinking. It's a i41 move (don't remember bf or after patch), does anyone else have a slower regular move??? Isn't Leixia supposed to be the fastest (even clearly she's not, but given her damage she's supposed to be the fastest) player in the game??? 44[A] leads to a 115 damage combo which is the only decent damage combo she has (other than wall combos), even it uses 75% of all your meter. Another 75% meter combo WR B BE, B+K, CE does a completely ridiculous 80 or so damage. And the B+K is starting to whiff these days also. And her best soul crush combo, 8B+K, B+K, WR B BE, B+K, CE, I can only pull it off like 4 times out of 10 because I mess that WR B BE up a lot.

Soul crushing is just useless in V. unless you are in the final round and the opponent has only very little health left. It's not like in IV you take more damage from each hit after guard breaks.

I don't remember what 8A+K is.

Anyway thanks for the reply. I agree with you on all your points. That's why I started using Nightmare.

Hi! Ya! I like her 44aB or the other just kidding moves alot but just want it to come out faster. you can easily trick normal player but good player i dont think so. You will get hit 4 out of 10 if they see the incoming of just kidding moves :( and sometimes if they moved aside the just kidding moves poke will miss the last hit and u will eat a big damage if you facing natsu, nightmare or mitsu :(.

So true, the aB moves are way too slow, but it leads to big combos like WR B BE, B+K, CE. Like i mentioned above, that 75% meter combo does such a laughable damage that really makes you wonder why they put Leixia in the game at all.

especially nightmare or mitsu. 44B is a lifesaver from a lot of situations though. i just start feeling bad if i use it too much in certain matches. maybe i shouldn't if i'm up against mitsu or especially maxi.

44B, or what I like to use 11/77 B is definitely one of the very few good moves she has. However it is very very unsafe if blocked or sidesteped. Give how so many players tend to side step and advance at the same time that move is such a gamble. The range is also less than Xianghua's. So against Sieg, NM, Asta that move has much lower chance of reaching the opponent in the first place.

Believe it or not I have seen you video many times before my post. I certainly enjoyed them and learned many things too.

Regarding 33BB, I'm not saying it's garbage. I use after a 66BB series or WR 3bB if I don't have enough meter for a CE. But in SC V hitting grounded opponent is such a critical part of the game and as far as I know that's one of the only decent moves she has against a grounded opponent. The random whiff is what's pissing me off. You clearly see they try to roll and does 33BB however it whiffs. then the opponent gets up before you recover then .....game over.

Back