Amateur Leixia player needs help

Yes I'm on PSN. Might be online tomorrow sometime. PSN name is the same as forum name.
the problem with me is people roll when they see my character twitch. sense there's a delay to all diagonal inputs. i just go safe with 66K unless they're in a corner. i'll give your tutorials a looksie to see if i can find anything new to try out.

P.S. i'll be on PSN tomorrow night around 10 or 11p.m. pacific time and on and off after that.

Hope to play with you guys some time. Another interesting thing I found was that I lose a lot to Leixia. Partially because I don't want to defeat her. My only ranked match loss after I accidentally deleted my save data was against an original Leixia, I pretty much destroyed the opponent but at the last minute when She had only a sip of health left I decided to give her 3 free wins. lol

And probably there is so few people using Leixia online I just don't have enough experience against her.

AA BE does NOT work after guard crush because your first high will miss.
I don't remember what 8A+K is.

Anyway thanks for the reply. I agree with you on all your points. That's why I started using Nightmare.
ooops. my bad. i meant that AA BE only works all the way through from either a confirmed 44(A) or and 2A+K ground quake stun.

and i meant 8A+B i think. her leap frog move.

Hope to play with you guys some time. Another interesting thing I found was that I lose a lot to Leixia. Partially because I don't want to defeat her. My only ranked match loss after I accidentally deleted my save data was against an original Leixia, I pretty much destroyed the opponent but at the last minute when She had only a sip of health left I decided to give her 3 free wins. lol

And probably there is so few people using Leixia online I just don't have enough experience against her.

there's no point in us playing then, if you're gonna give up the match.

zero has a point. it's like when i'm playing in a room and a girl comes in. all the sudden most is not all the guys in the room start playing dumb both in the game and by the way they talk. and they let the girl win and assure her that even if she's bad she is good. i can't stand that kind of stuff. if i come across a female gamer or a leixia player or even a combination of the two i'm gonna give it my all. if i don't then i'm cheating my opponent in the long run. i hate it when people take it easy on me so i'm not gonna do the same to them.

wow. that was a little off topic...

And her best soul crush combo, 8B+K, B+K, WR B BE, B+K, CE, I can only pull it off like 4 times out of 10 because I mess that WR B BE up a lot.

That combo doesn't work. After BT B+K, you can tech to the side (I believe it's to Leixia's right) and the wrB BE completely whiffs.

Someone said:
AA BE combo snip
If you opponent is smart, they can react GI the last hit. Even if you try to mix-up with stomp, it's still easy to react to.

If you opponent is smart, they can react GI the last hit. Even if you try to mix-up with stomp, it's still easy to react to.
that's why i said to only do it after a confirmed 44(A) hit, a wall launch (4A+B, WRB, and 3B are all guaranteed AA BE wallsplat setups), or a confirmed ground stun hit.

there's no point in us playing then, if you're gonna give up the match.

I take it that you are really fed up with people complaining about her. But as I said in my OP. I'm really trying to get some real useful info here. And letting all the anger out helps a little too :)

zero has a point. it's like when i'm playing in a room and a girl comes in. all the sudden most is not all the guys in the room start playing dumb both in the game and by the way they talk. and they let the girl win and assure her that even if she's bad she is good. i can't stand that kind of stuff. if i come across a female gamer or a leixia player or even a combination of the two i'm gonna give it my all. if i don't then i'm cheating my opponent in the long run. i hate it when people take it easy on me so i'm not gonna do the same to them.

wow. that was a little off topic...

That was off topic, but very interesting. I defeated a fairly good girl once in player match then she started rambling on how I'm spamming and everything. Then I got a few ppl defending me. It was funny but I left before it turned into anything more serious as I justed wanted to play the game.

That combo doesn't work. After BT B+K, you can tech to the side (I believe it's to Leixia's right) and the wrB BE completely whiffs.

I didn't know about that whiff. Guess I will have to be more careful.

The real threat here is not they block the quake stun. That leaves them in huge disadvantage, but is they jump it. However I have yet to see anyone try to jump that.

that's why i said to only do it after a confirmed 44(A) hit, a wall launch (4A+B, WRB, and 3B are all guaranteed AA BE wallsplat setups), or a confirmed ground stun hit.

Agreed. I only use it after a successful quake or wall hit.

Any advice on how to use 44[A]??

I was happy they give her more range than Xianghua. But realistically in the game, the only person you can try to zone is Maxi. Anyone else, you will have to make sure you are in their face to be able to deal damage. Otherwise a whiff will cost you the battle.

I was sad that Kayane moved away from Leixia. That says a lot doesn't it. Someone who mained her since SC I moves away from her, hope Namco notices this and respond.
I guess they are even more happy to see Kayane moved to viola. They just want pl to try new character instead of old style all the times. Maybe, this is the main purpose by nerfing Leixia after all :(, idk

I guess they are even more happy to see Kayane moved to viola. They just want pl to try new character instead of old style all the times. Maybe, this is the main purpose by nerfing Leixia after all :(, idk

It's not like she has a huge fan base to start with. Maybe we leixia players are too good they got scared......lol

If you have XBL, send me a request and we'll play for a bit. I have no mic support for my arcade stick, but I have a keyboard for chat.

Gamer tag is in my sig below.

I take it that you are really fed up with people complaining about her. But as I said in my OP. I'm really trying to get some real useful info here. And letting all the anger out helps a little too :)

I'm saying if you don't plan on fighting against leixia seriously, what's the point in playing?

I'm saying if you don't plan on fighting against leixia seriously, what's the point in playing?

Sorry for misunderstanding your point.

I just got a bit emotional because I was trying to put myself on the opponents position. I knew how it felt losing badly with Leixia. So I gave her (maybe him) the win.

btw I did fight against her seriously. It was after I won 2 rounds and in third round almost perfected her and she has just that sip of health left. Then I gave her the win.

I just thought that was an interesting story to share because few people I met would do this. Especially in ranked match. Just proves that I really like her and plan on staying with Leixia even after all the rambling.

No emotions in battle. You must cut them down! Or something like that.
And if you ever feel like playing, you should let me know as well.

So other than complaining. I came up with a few specific questions hoping you could help me with.

1. How to use 44[A]?

2. What's her best guard break punishment.

3. What about grounded opponent?

44[A] works when you KNOW they'll go for a throw, and as a followup after a guard crush.

To land it after a guard crush, the move that crushes must be one of the following: 44K, WR K, 1B+K, 4BB (final hit only), 3B+K K (second hit only)

After one of these moves use 44[A], AA BE, 3B, 1B.

With some luck, the AA BE will carry them far enough forward to make the 3B Wallsplat or Ring Out.

As for grounded opponents, read through this thread here:

http://8wayrun.com/threads/what-are-leixias-best-moves-to-use-on-a-grounded-opponent.13118/

I made a chart for easy understanding.

44[A] works when you KNOW they'll go for a throw, and as a followup after a guard crush.

To land it after a guard crush, the move that crushes must be one of the following: 44K, WR K, 1B+K, 4BB (final hit only), 3B+K K (second hit only)

After one of these moves use 44[A], AA BE, 3B, 1B.

With some luck, the AA BE will carry them far enough forward to make the 3B Wallsplat or Ring Out.

As for grounded opponents, read through this thread here:

http://8wayrun.com/threads/what-are-leixias-best-moves-to-use-on-a-grounded-opponent.13118/

I made a chart for easy understanding.

Yeah I have read your post some time ago. Very helpful, thanks.

Landing that 44[A] after guard crush is such a tricky job. The window is incredibly small. I can get it maybe 3 out of 10 times in training mode, not to mention real battle.

Back