Amy General Discussion and findings

B+K —> AB is definitely NCC, I tested it multiple times and the B is guaranteed on counter hit

I know that, but that’s not typically how combo strings work in soulcalibur, to my knowledge at least

just like Sophie’s 2BB4 string, it doesnt count the first attack, it’s the second B and then the throw animation that count as 2 hits, not the first B. The same happens with Amy, the A doesnt count, only the B and it’s follow up attack

Tried it against Amy and tried it against Groh just now. It's a NCC and the string overall is a three hit one tho game will not you about two hits from B
Kinda confused by the wording of this but I think I get what you're saying. If the first hit connects on counter hit then the unblockable is guaranteed. When all of this (all 3 hits) connects, it says 2 hits. It also says 2 hits if only the unblockable connects. I'm saying that once in training mode it registered all of it as 3 hits, not just 2. That's what I'm trying to replicate.

Well there is no reason for it to register like that for whatever reason. Not that it matters much since it's NCC regardless

Well there is no reason for it to register like that for whatever reason. Not that it matters much since it's NCC regardless
Yeah that's why I was confused. But the only reason it matters to me is since I make combo videos I want to stay consistent, aka, everything combos together, not 10 hits then 2 if that makes sense

What's the point of the aGI after :2::3::6::(B):?

I've been messing around with her in training but it never seems to land and only GIs middle attacks... why not just do a normal GI? I'm just not seeing the usefulness here and it's not like it puts you back in frames because you can easily GI the counter attack if it's blocked. Like i get that it's SUPPOSED to be an option if the attack is blocked but it's literally useless and there are 3 options other than this that actually have a use too. Just use the attack and block, use the attack and GI, or use the attack and the follow up... So am I just missing something here? Or did they really overlook this when developing her?

On a side note I've kinda noticed this pattern with some other characters too where the aGI after certain moves just seems more hurtful than helpful especially when you can learn what moves have them and easily adjust to completely ignore it.

aGI middle?... just low kick
aGI high?... just don't attack high
aGI low?... you get the idea

just something i noticed and wanted to see if other people observed the same thing

What's the point of the aGI after :2::3::6::(B):?

I've been messing around with her in training but it never seems to land and only GIs middle attacks... why not just do a normal GI? I'm just not seeing the usefulness here and it's not like it puts you back in frames because you can easily GI the counter attack if it's blocked. Like i get that it's SUPPOSED to be an option if the attack is blocked but it's literally useless and there are 3 options other than this that actually have a use too. Just use the attack and block, use the attack and GI, or use the attack and the follow up... So am I just missing something here? Or did they really overlook this when developing her?

On a side note I've kinda noticed this pattern with some other characters too where the aGI after certain moves just seems more hurtful than helpful especially when you can learn what moves have them and easily adjust to completely ignore it.

aGI middle?... just low kick
aGI high?... just don't attack high
aGI low?... you get the idea

just something i noticed and wanted to see if other people observed the same thing

aGIs guarantee damage after the deflection. Manual GIs don't. Use aGIs to interrupt strings and foreseable attacks.

aGIs guarantee damage after the deflection. Manual GIs don't. Use aGIs to interrupt strings and foreseable attacks.

Okay that's cool, so that's the point of aGI... but why does it still feel useless?

her 236 B literally just doesn't work on anything... i've tried and tried and tried but I just can't get it to land on anything. the attack is blocked, comes out too fast, the attack lands, comes out too fast, opponent sidestep attacks, doesn't come out fast enough. the ONLY way I can get it to actually work is if the opponent is out of range and you whiff and then they attack with a very specific timing to actually get GIed. in which case if your opponent knows her moveset they know not to attack middle in that situation. Even if it did work properly if I know that it only deflects middle I simply won't attack middle and most if all aGIs only deflect certain things AFTER an attack which feels like you're just trapping yourself. It's different for her 2 B+K, B+K, and 8 B+K which are string starters that can't be predicted, it feels like all aGIs after an attack are useless on anyone who knows the moveset.

Okay that's cool, so that's the point of aGI... but why does it still feel useless?

her 236 B literally just doesn't work on anything... i've tried and tried and tried but I just can't get it to land on anything. the attack is blocked, comes out too fast, the attack lands, comes out too fast, opponent sidestep attacks, doesn't come out fast enough. the ONLY way I can get it to actually work is if the opponent is out of range and you whiff and then they attack with a very specific timing to actually get GIed. in which case if your opponent knows her moveset they know not to attack middle in that situation. Even if it did work properly if I know that it only deflects middle I simply won't attack middle and most if all aGIs only deflect certain things AFTER an attack which feels like you're just trapping yourself. It's different for her 2 B+K, B+K, and 8 B+K which are string starters that can't be predicted, it feels like all aGIs after an attack are useless on anyone who knows the moveset.

Its a mind game assuming the opponent knows Amy's moves. If you max WRP when you enter that stance Amy can usually follow with :B::B::B: which is pretty good.
There's also :A::(A): which enters her high AGI stance and you can follow up with another move from there, if the opponent is going to counter hit her and you're sure of it go :B: I'm pretty sure its her fastest there.

Also whenever you land her high AGI :B: you can toss a white rose assuming you aren't maxed. :4::(B)::(K): if I remember correctly.

Max WRP also lets her switch between stances notably quicker so you can potentially switch what you are trying to defend against.

To be honest however, Amy has certain parts in her move set that made me question why they were set that way a little bit. Although it may not be the worst I do find :6::6::K: a bit counter intuitive for her.

(Also very fast sorry if I'm listing the moves incorrectly I'm not very used to recognizing them in this form yet)

Sorry if I've misunderstood what you're saying however, I recognize also this is pretty late too.

I play Amy since her release, and don't play on SC4.
I realized this character is the perfect meaning on the famous expression "No Pain, No Gain". Normal GIs are just flat for her, but 2/5/8B+K are just crazy when you learn how to put then in character matchup. When you know how to do them, you can stack roses faster and punish with bigger damages.
For example, Xianghua's 6BB string can be parry with her B+K, and you have few opportunities after. At first, stack roses with B+K K 6AB, or B+K AK 6[B+K]. And after, B+K AK 4BB, for 68dmg, or B+K WRPM K (LH) 44BBB for 78dmg ! Pretty nice dmg for punish, and you can punish with Lethal Hits, big pressure to your opponent.
Other parries punish well too : 8B+K B RRPM 236A+B etc

But it's not easy, and you have to play on training to learn characters gameplay and framedata etc. I did it since the beginning but it take a lot of time but i think this is the true Amy potential ! And i have to said when you got your WRPM, parries come faster, and you can punish strings you cannot without WRPM. So...i don't use normal GIs a lot with her.

Also, CH 236(B)~WRPM BBB~RRPM 4BB gives optimal damage. Off most of her LH stuns 66B+K6 into the above provides max damage.

@Roudoudouk
I haven’t checked the combo you mentioned but LH WRPM 8B+K B~6A+B~214B~RRPM 4BB does 102 damage typically.

Just a note in case no one has noticed, when you use Amy's manual rose throws even if it hits the opponent and deals damage it doesn't seem to count unless Amy has finished her animation in the attack. So in the case you get interrupted it wont count.
e.g it hits and opponent manages to land a hit on her at the same time.

I'm not sure if its intended or a glitch but it feels inconvenient and misleading when counting roses in your head.

EDIT:
In regards to the Amy rose glitch while people are aware of the issue with the roses I just want to say that 236~A+K doesn't work on Mitsurugi fairly often. I've tried it a few times but it seems (out of the main cast) to be most common on him that it wont work. Much less often but still an occurrence is Siegfried/Nightmare. Just a quick tidbit in case anyone goes for the move to pay attention if the rose counts as a hit or not.

(If I got the input wrong I mean the 236 move where she flips the opponent up to get a red rose.)

Last edited:
I made a General Match-Up guide for Amy (against 12 characters for now, it takes a lot of time) with all punishable moves, move who are parry-able etc.
Is someone interested ?

Back