Amy v1.03 Patch Changes...

Amy Patch Changes...

Does it seem like the tech crouch frames on 3B and 4B were reduced? I used to go under lots of crap with them but now they're getting stuffed by high attacks. They still work but the timing is pretty short. At least 1A is still the same.

Amy Patch Changes...

Hmmm, I've never focused on using 1A as an instant TC. I need to start using it more. As for 4B, before the patch I tested it for TC and noticed the window was small and it's early frames were vulnerable to interruption (3B never was instant TC either). I've been sticking with 6B+K for the fastest TC, but I'll give 1A a try.

Amy Patch Changes...

shauno: does 6A+B have instant TC? if it does then i'll definitely need to use it more often... although 6A+B's negative range can be kinda daunting.

Amy Patch Changes...

I think 6A+B pulls back first and then TCs later. I've never sat and tested it, but have had my moves whiff vs. another Amy.

Amy Patch Changes...

They are really focusing on making people learn 6:6B (IMO)

so learn it!

Amy Patch Changes...

to be honest i don't use 6:6B (or even 66B) for anything other than:

- mid option from FC (although i end up using FC A+B A a lot more)
- punishing from FC, or when 3B and BB aren't viable for punishing
- poking

i think people were talking about how 6:6B picks people up off the ground, but i haven't had much success with that. does this only happen in combos?

i'd like to hear how everyone uses 6:6B/66B!

Amy Patch Changes...

6:6BA connects in more juggles, and 6:6B is her fastest ground hitting power move.

Amy Patch Changes...

technically, will 6:6B always pick up grounded opponents for the A to hit?

Amy Patch Changes...

syxx: nice one! you wouldn't believe how much i use 6A+B A/236 mixups after B+K K thanks to your recommendation :)

just to add on, 236KK/K:A works after 44B as well. also, CH B+K B comboes into B+K K 66B+K 236KK/K:A.

from the 66A, 6:6B, 6:6B, 6:6BA combo, it looks like 6:6B causes a bounce that gets lower with each iteration. in the previous version, it was mentioned that just ukemi will avoid subsequent 6:6Bs in a juggle, is this still present in v1.03?

Amy Patch Changes...

Yes, the combos involoving 6:6BA are all JF techable HOWEVER because of the difficulty to escape as opposed to these videos with rediculous stun combos, I wanted to include them in my video.

Amy Patch Changes...

Actually, if button mapping is allowed it isn't difficult to JF tech every single time. Simply map three buttons as 'G', then roll across them when you want to JF tech.

OK, I've played with 1A more and I like it as a quick TC with some tracking. It TCs only one frame slower than her fastest tech-crouching attack, 6B+K.

Amy Patch Changes...

Yeah 1A has always been quite good.

BTW, 6A+B does TC but it's definitely not a fast TC.

I think you misunderstand me. By saying 6B+K is her fastest TC attack, I meant that it is the move which crouches highs and throws faster than any other attack she has (AFAIK). The actual impact frames are slow, true, but when facing an aggressive pixie character I have successfully used 6B+K to punish them when in a tight spot. I'll start switching in 1A since a 1-frame TC difference most times isn't a lot to worry about.

Amy Patch Changes...

Actually I was referring to this

I've been sticking with 6A+B for the fastest TC, but I'll give 1A a try.

So I take it you meant to say 6B+K instead? TaXi even asked you about 6A+B after you posted that, that's why I tested it.

Back