An Experiment: Stuff you want to see in SC6 that IS NOT from Past Games/Guest Chars/Unrealistic

Should mitsurugi hitting siegfried in FULL PLATE ARMOR deal the same amount of damage as mitsurugi hitting a shirtless devil jin blocking with his hands? No. Should natsu be able to block siegfried's huge sword with a tiny dagger? Yeah try that in real life and tell me how it works out for you. Different characters should take differing amounts of damage depending on the type of armor they are wearing as well as the weapon they are wielding. Balance heavy armor wearers taking less damage by making them slower, and give all characters the choice of which armor weight to wear

Since Viola opened the door to it, how about more ranged/projectile characters. I'd like to see SC6 take up Seth Killian's challenge of a 3d game with proper ranged combat and space control from his old Domination 101 article.
I think we are just fine with Viola, Cervantes, Siegfried, Nightmare, Algol, and Natsu. I would count Ezio and DJ but they are guest characters/movesets.

Should mitsurugi hitting siegfried in FULL PLATE ARMOR deal the same amount of damage as mitsurugi hitting a shirtless devil jin blocking with his hands? No. Should natsu be able to block siegfried's huge sword with a tiny dagger? Yeah try that in real life and tell me how it works out for you. Different characters should take differing amounts of damage depending on the type of armor they are wearing as well as the weapon they are wielding. Balance heavy armor wearers taking less damage by making them slower, and give all characters the choice of which armor weight to wear
They could just have characters have varying amounts of health like they did with the soul gauges in SCIV. Just have characters like aPat and Viola have less health than characters like Zwei & Hilde.

Sorry if these already have been said, tl;dr on 90% of the thread.

1) I want to see either a large effort to branch out into more unique weapon/style concepts(Viola, Z.W.E.I, Algol), or a return to "classics" like Sword/Shield, or simply the sword(Mitsu, Pat, Sieg/NM, Leixia). They had cool ideas with Z.W.E.I. and Viola, I just think they executed them not as well as they could have, and due to this those characters feel out of place for me. The weapon/style concepts are cool and I like them and wouldn't mind seeing more of it, but 'd like it to be done correctly..
Agreed. ZWEI would slip in a bit better if EIN wan't a flying ball-thing but maybe a part of him in some physical way like Soul Edge is to Pyrhha. OR a spiritual or ghostly essenence that would appear behind him that gave him a temperary power up but not a physical interference in the game. His weapon would still be all sword based and physical. I cant handle the idea of adding obnoxious projectiles to this game...
NeroDevilTrigger.jpg

I think we are just fine with Viola, Cervantes, Siegfried, Nightmare, Algol, and Natsu. I would count Ezio and DJ but they are guest characters/movesets.
But only Viola has a projectille that has fulfills both functions of a fireball in a 2D fighter as explained by Seth in his Dom101 article. In other words, it's the only one so far that also acts as a setup (by providing a intermediary that the opposing player must react to) and not just a really safe ranged attack. Z.W.E.I.'s wolf familiar is actually closer to a 2d fireball analogue than any of the others you mentioned.

Sounds like its too late, but here's a few other thoughts I had here on how to make air control and shakeable stuns more interesting.

Right now, there's little reason not to try to air control out of most launchers in case they do try to go for a more damaging air option. They could again add in extra damage for trying to air control out of something guaranteed, or do something like make air controlling slow down your descent slightly allowing for more powerful launcher followups to be used against you, turning it into a mixup situation. You could either go for guaranteed damage/ringout like you do now, or risk extra damage for the combo that would be normally AC'able, or risk doing even more damage at the cost of completely dropping your combo (the slower followup that wouldn't normally combo that only would if they AC'ed). As it currently stands, you generally only go for something AC'able if there's a wall/edge there to that side preventing them from doing so.

For a shakeable stun, they could have it so every one of them had some level of guaranteed frames to them. For example, Cass's 4K in SC4 was +14 even if shook, leading to a guaranteed 4K 6AAA 4BB:A. Now, there was still no reason to not try to shake out of the stun, as if they went for something not guaranteed you could then block it. Now, if the game awarded extra damage to the guaranteed option for failing to shake out of it, sort of like a counter hit bonus. Course shakeable stuns are pure evil incarnate online and this would make them even more brutal... They'd also have to be limited in that their guaranteed followup would only be something like an AA or BB that isn't all that damaging.
This would also get rid of the dumb moves like Cass 3K that lead to nothing guaranteed and was worse in every respect (slow, more unsafe, less range) than the faster guaranteed 236:{B} stun.

And this is more or less complete blasphemy for fighting games, but, I'd be interested in what could be done if they actually took advantage of a modern game controller and didn't limit theirselves to arcade stick inputs. Like if Algol/Viola could use the analog stick to aim their projectiles in a 360 arc (or use say the touch pad to aim it), or if you could move in a 360-way run instead of 8 directions. Probably best left to a brand new ip and not modifying an existing one to do this.

just give me mountains more items in creation mode and I will be verry pleased. Also making more cobinations with different items so they dont conflict with eacht other would be cool.

Tl;Dr most of the thread.

-I would love a nice tutorial mode, since I'm bad at explaining to my friends that A is on the X button, B is on the Y button, etc.
-Something I would enjoy seeing added to training mode because I struggle with this, and I don't know if it was said, is something that better explains when you have to hit just frames. Half the time it's a wild guess and if I actually do it, I was just trying random things and I have no clue what I did. Like Yoshi's 4AAAAA.
-Not sure if this counts, but I want to see character endings brought back in Arcade mode.

-Biggest thing of mine: DLC packs for each individual character, filled with classic costumes. Characters like Natsu would pick up Taki's costumes, and so on. This would be amazing to me. I love every new costume they give the characters each game, but you just can't top the classics.

A Fight Lab complete with build-your-own-Necrid.

I'm looking at Algol here. I think with his actively morphing weapon it's obvious he can perform every move in the game, including teleports. Make Algol like TTT2's Combot with an editable move set. And even so there's no grieving over the loss of the Hero King himself, put all his moves in the pool of moves available for customization, so you can easily recreate him any time.

This is, of course, assuming that Necrid was a guest character like Spawn and will never return. If they can bring him back, then yeah, have him take Algol's place in the paragraph above.

Great thread and ideas. I would like to see some better hit detection and collision, having a character's vertical attack like BB magically hit you from the side and behind like a horizontal and in a 360 degree angle, or when suddenly the hit detection delays and you get hit from beyond the range of the weapon, which is all counter-intuitive making it less competitive.

I would think the game needs to take away game breaking attacks like Ivy's ultra safe horizontals and zoning moves, which need to be slower and that includes characters with similar nature to be more balanced.

I would like to see a better clash system where it doesn't look like your attack phases right through another's weapon, other rather than that i would like to see some actual blade crossing battles, also that GI doesn't cost meter and is reassigned to a input like G again but is harder to perform similar to the older titles.

I would make the blade crossing battles be decided on how fast you can press A,B,K also i would like to be implemented as a stun break which you can get out of, but it also adds more mix ups to battles since you can change your combo to be less predictable.

Back