And so the curtain falls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadedWolf

[08] Mercenary
Earlier in August I had made several posts concerning Talim's strengths and weaknesses in a coherent essay on caliburforums.

The general conclusion was that Talim was low mid tier at best, and likely the worst character in the game. At the time many stubborn idiots and scrubs decided to jump on the thread and either make up lies to fluff up Talim's performance, or simply talk out of their ass and make personal attacks.

It was extremely surprising, however, to even have a moderator on the board act unprofessionally and side with the scrub crowd - which I guess is because there were some supposedly big names siding (Team Shen aka Team Scrubs) - and with school starting I stopped posting and went on to focus on academics.

Now I come back and looking at caliburforums Talim section it's obviously dead and people are slowly realizing their denial... and I find it very amusing that months after release people are still obliviously hopeful that Talim is categorized in the wrong tier...

And I can understand that because she is my favorite character. But it's time to deal with reality.

When even your Talim champion, Jaxel, states opinions which mirrored my entire sentiments (as early as August), you know it's time to let her go. You guys are getting excited over Talim landing 3RD place. Congrats to Jaxel though, good shit, no hate bro, but my point stands: If Talim was not so horrid we wouldn't be getting excited over 3RD would we?

There are people who are still doubting or denying. There is no higher Talim level. Period. Talim is not a deep character she lacks the options needed to compete and survive at high level play.

So a little reality check: a little haha at you haters, I told you so, now stuck with nothing but your dick in your hands, and a fellow, "I feel your pain" to my brothers and sisters still trying to represent Talim.

Sorry guys I'm not happy about this either :(

You were yelling that she was so bad that loses to mashers and you were corrected. The fact that one of the few people who play her got 3rd proves if anything that you were wrong.

Neither I or anyone else I'm aware of even made a claim about her being upper tier, mid tier, etc. so that's a straw man's argument. I personally stand by what I said before: whatever her tier is, she doesn't lose to mashers anymore than the other characters unless the one using her doesn't know what to do well enough.

Don't try to rile up something that was pointless to begin with. Just play who you want to play and enjoy the game.

I view Talim the same way I view Zasalamel. I see a lot of hate towards both of those characters because they are considered "low tier", but there's a point you reach where you just have to realize..tiers don't mean shit. I've seen some really great Zasalamel footage and the same can be said for Talim.

So, I believe you are the one who is in denial if you believe a tier is a way to judge someone's potential. It is the player itself who will be the deciding factor of whether a character is good or not. If I can see a top tier character get owned because the player behind him or her was playing like shit, then I can see a low tier character kicking ass because the player behind him or her is just that good.

So, take your garbage somewhere else Mr. One Post ;)

I view Talim the same way I view Zasalamel. I see a lot of hate towards both of those characters because they are considered "low tier", but there's a point you reach where you just have to realize..tiers don't mean shit. I've seen some really great Zasalamel footage and the same can be said for Talim.

So, I believe you are the one who is in denial if you believe a tier is a way to judge someone's potential. It is the player itself who will be the deciding factor of whether a character is good or not. If I can see a top tier character get owned because the player behind him or her was playing like shit, then I can see a low tier character kicking ass because the player behind him or her is just that good.

So, take your garbage somewhere else Mr. One Post ;)

You are so stupid. Tiers are very important at high level play when basically Talim and Zas lose almost all their tools. I don't feel like elaborating but Talim and Zas can barely compete at tournaments. They are unsafe and weak among other things. This is not online tiers exist and Talim and Zas are at the very bottom.

Talim DESTROYS MASHERS... She destroys mashers better than possibly every character in the game.

The problem with Talim is when you start facing people who know how to play against her. People that know what her setups are, people who know how unsafe she is... Or people who know that certain options they do can nullify 100% of Talim's options.

Until then, Talim is TOP TIER.

Talim DESTROYS MASHERS... She destroys mashers better than possibly every character in the game.

The problem with Talim is when you start facing people who know how to play against her. People that know what her setups are, people who know how unsafe she is... Or people who know that certain options they do can nullify 100% of Talim's options.

Exactly. She is a master at killing noobs who don't know what are going on. AKA SHAUNO 50+ WINS AGAINST BELOW AVERAGE PLAYERS OMG TALIM IS GOD TIER!!!

But against anyone who knows even basic things about her, anything remotely close to how her skills work,

IT'S DONE.

^^^ I got a 63 streak with her this weekend... like I said, she has no problems vs. players who don't know how to fight her well. I didn't comment on much more than that in those posts.

^^^ I got a 63 streak with her this weekend... like I said, she has no problems vs. players who don't know how to fight her well. I didn't comment on much more than that in those posts.

lol kid please.

Player match, 50+ wins on "below average players"

"I'll never play a single ranked match"

RING A BELL?

Lol. You're still at it?

Down here, we all agree she's at least mid tier. I'm sorry if you have no idea how to mixup.

Oh btw.
Talim just won a major :)
OOFMatic used Talim to beat out Wing_zero for top placing in NEC.

wing_zero must be a masher.
I've been waiting for this since August.
Infractions given for each troll post (which is every post) in this thread.

Oh btw.

No he didn't... OOF played Lizardman...

OOF beat WingZero with Talim in ONE match... then WingZero remembered how much Talim sucked and destroyed Talim from then on.

OOF is really fucking good... but even he can't make Talim win majors. She's that bad.

Talim generally has problems against anyone who can play a decent keepout game. And Asura really fucks up her shit. So I'm not surprised.

Team Shen aka Team Scrubs look at you dipshits... dumb fucks are wrong so this is what you do?:

Dear ShadedWolf,

You have received an infraction at 8WayRun.

Reason: General Trolling Malfeasance
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.8wayrun.com/showthread.php?p=38562
Quote:
Earlier in August I had made several posts concerning Talim's strengths and weaknesses in a coherent essay on caliburforums.

The general conclusion was that Talim was low mid tier at best, and likely the worst character in the game. At the time many stubborn idiots and scrubs decided to jump on the thread and either make up lies to fluff up Talim's performance, or simply talk out of their ass and make personal attacks.

It was extremely surprising, however, to even have a moderator on the board act unprofessionally and side with the scrub crowd - which I guess is because there were some supposedly big names siding (Team Shen aka Team Scrubs) - and with school starting I stopped posting and went on to focus on academics.

Now I come back and looking at caliburforums Talim section it's obviously dead and people are slowly realizing their denial... and I find it very amusing that months after release people are still obliviously hopeful that Talim is categorized in the wrong tier...

And I can understand that because she is my favorite character. But it's time to deal with reality.

When even your Talim champion, Jaxel, states opinions which mirrored my entire sentiments (as early as August), you know it's time to let her go. You guys are getting excited over Talim landing 3RD place. Congrats to Jaxel though, good shit, no hate bro, but my point stands: If Talim was not so horrid we wouldn't be getting excited over 3RD would we?

There are people who are still doubting or denying. There is no higher Talim level. Period. Talim is not a deep character she lacks the options needed to compete and survive at high level play.

So a little reality check: a little haha at you haters, I told you so, now stuck with nothing but your dick in your hands, and a fellow, "I feel your pain" to my brothers and sisters still trying to represent Talim.

Sorry guys I'm not happy about this either :(
All the best,
8WayRun

Dear ShadedWolf,

-------

-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.8wayrun.com/showthread.php?p=38723
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxel View Post (Post ID: #38702)

Exactly. She is a master at killing noobs who don't know what are going on. AKA SHAUNO 50+ WINS AGAINST BELOW AVERAGE PLAYERS OMG TALIM IS GOD TIER!!!

But against anyone who knows even basic things about her, anything remotely close to how her skills work,

IT'S DONE.
All the best,
8WayRun

Dear ShadedWolf,

-------

-------

Original Post:
http://www.8wayrun.com/showthread.php?p=38976
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by shauno View Post (Post ID: #38801)
lol kid please.

Player match, 50+ wins on "below average players"

"I'll never play a single ranked match"

RING A BELL?
All the best,
8WayRun

YOU KIDS ARE FUCKING FUNNY -9 JUST B/C YOU KIDS ARE WRONG LOL!

Oh btw.

So nice try spreading lies and abusing your moderation powers.

You're just perpetuating Team Shen = Team Scrub.

GG scrub.

This thread is quickly getting out of hand. There really isn't much point in arguing something that has been going on since SC3.

Please refrain from making another thread, I'm just trying to keep this forum clean of obscenities and attacking other members.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back