Annoying Online Behaviors and People

No it's actually natural to have a bit of resentment after a defeat... But of course some people over react by flipping out, whereas others just calmly accept it. The thing about over-killing and teabagging is it rubs that feeling of defeat in even worse, the most upset you'll be over a match is right after the match! xD 2 minutes later you probably won't care, but when it's a fresh wound it gets you annoyed. (Like losing a close match in Killer Instinct and then sitting around for 35 seconds while your opponent does a 80+ hit combo on your corpse...... >_> lol.)
I get a lot of complaints about how much I grapple people. It's stupid too cause I'm Asty, I'm meant to grab. I wasn't given (10 grapple moves) an air grab, 4 standing grabs, 2 hit grabs, 1 flame grab, 1 lye down grab, & my special grab for me to fuckin stare at them. Since my close quarters game isn't all that great, grapples is the only thing I have to compensate. & people are gonna bitch & moan, as soon as I have my hand or my axe around their neck, the RAGE begins. They'll call me a noob who relies on grabs, panic grabber, spam grabber, grabaholic, etc. etc.

As soon as I hit them with the original Astarothology of how he's meant to be played, they give me that "I know astaroth players who don't use grabs." In my head, I'm thinkin "They probably get their asses whooped a lot too". Also saying that is a sign of knowing their stupid, bullshit, & shouldn't be bitching at me in the first place. Even Astaroth's forums speaks of grabbing a lot. Then again, there just casual scrubs that don't know how to fight!

Last edited:
I need your opinion, people. I f***ing hate overkills. When a Cervantes "tests" his iGDR on me, I "test" my Ivy's 5xJF on him. xD A PSN friend of mine, who is better than me 65% of the time, recently started these annoying overkills and wouldn't stop even when I asked him to. Since then I figured out that overkills (in his particular manner, at least) are a part of an invisible psychological power struggle... You still with me? lol Overkills are a tool for establishing dominance, as I figure.

What I'm wondering about is this. Am I a scrub for reacting this way to overkills? How can I be cool about them when all I want is some nice relaxing time with my game, where I would win by skill (and luck, tee hee), and not by annoying the sh!t out of someone. At the very least, you guys must agree that overkills are obnoxious online behavior, right?
Overkilling is habit I have. I don't mind it if its done to me. I'd rather be over killed than having a set of balls on my face.

I get a lot of complaints about how much I grapple people. It's stupid too cause I'm Asty, I'm meant to grab. I wasn't given (10 grapple moves) an air grab, 4 standing grabs, 2 hit grabs, 1 flame grab, 1 lye down grab, & my special grab for me to fuckin stare at them. Since my close quarters game isn't all that great, grapples is the only thing I have to compensate. & people are gonna bitch & moan, as soon as I have my hand or my axe around their neck, the RAGE begins. They'll call me a noob who relies on grabs, panic grabber, spam grabber, grabaholic, etc. etc.

As soon as I hit them with the original Astarothology of how he's meant to be played, they give me that "I know astaroth players who don't use grabs." In my head, I'm thinkin "They probably get their asses whooped a lot too". Also saying that is a sign of knowing their stupid, bullshit, & shouldn't be bitching at me in the first place. Even Astaroth's forums speaks of grabbing a lot. Then again, there just casual scrubs that don't know how to fight!

Yeah I know it's so dumb how people can complain Astaroth grabs so much... =P When I fight an Astaroth, I just assume before the fight begins I'm gonna get grabbed a lot or they're gonna try and grab me! Plus Astaroth as a low grab which gets crouching opponents so why not take advantage of that right? xD

If I may add to this list, people who don't understand fighting game terminology, and yet act like seasoned veterans. For example, here's a screencap I got today from everyone's favorite retard, WingedPirate.

LrRwsLb.jpg
I'm not a WingedPirate fan by any stretch of the imagination, but you can't just say someone doesn't know what you're talking about and then post a picture of their correcting your flimsy terminology.

I'm not a WingedPirate fan by any stretch of the imagination, but you can't just say someone doesn't know what you're talking about and then post a picture of their correcting your flimsy terminology.
I was trying to point out the fact that he was implying I'm an idiot all because HE didn't understand the terminology. The whole situation could have been avoided by him saying something along the lines of, "What do you mean by teching? Do you mean breaking?" and then I would have proceeded to explain what I was talking about. But instead he responds with, "Kensei how do you tech A lol, do you even know what you're saying? I kick dumb people" because he's a fucking asshat and can't connect the simplest of dots.

I was trying to point out the fact that he was implying I'm an idiot all because HE didn't understand the terminology. The whole situation could have been avoided by him saying something along the lines of, "What do you mean by teching? Do you mean breaking?" and then I would have proceeded to explain what I was talking about. But instead he responds with, "Kensei how do you tech A lol, do you even know what you're saying? I kick dumb people" because he's a fucking asshat and can't connect the simplest of dots.
I won't deny his being an asshat, but the thing you need to realize is that he is a troll. It's not that he can't connect the dots, he just dodges the solution to mess with you on purpose, and apparently he is a really good troll and successful if he is getting to you.

But I thought noobs and scrubs were the same to some degree? I've called people scrubs, but never really understood what it meant, and went by what I thought it meant.

Back