Anti Raphael

RuinousBloom

[08] Mercenary
Today I was getting pimped slapped by Raph. He was hack and slashing my face like 24/7 and I seriously couldn't come up with a way to turn the match in my favor. I tried blocking and waited for an opening to counter after his prep stance. But I failed miserably in the end. Help?

I actually haven't gotten to play against any good Raph players yet. I know that you want to try and step against him and force him to use horizontals. There's aGI interrupt if he does BBB but I don't see any good players doing that. Since Raph can deal so much guard damage with BB BE I think it's smart to spend meter on GI's versus him and either take the damage or force Raph to spend bar to GI back. Once you get in I think Pat should have a pretty easy time against him.

^^^^Sidestep is a really good tool. Also 236AB is a really good move against him from what I've played against.
The trick about Raphael is he actually gets stronger the more defensive the opponent plays. His break attacks are pretty godlike and Preppy Prep can be abused like crazy if the opponent doesn't GI against it. Also you have to remember that Raph is a high/Mid using character. He really has no reason to go low. Pat's 4B (The High Step attack) has good start-up and is only -5 on block meaning it can't really be punished. Also since 236AB and 3A are TC moves that go under High's you can sneak up to Raph.

Hope this helps a bit

^ As super said 236AB destroys raph hard if he tries anything after 3B since Patro literally ducks under anything after 3B. Its kinda funny actually cause then the raph player is stuck only doing A's and well Raphs A game is actually not as strong as his B game. Once you see even a HINT of Prep 236AB him out of it.

I'm very familiar with Raph, as I've mained him in SC4 and learned him well this time around. You should know he's shit tier because he has no good tools against left step. Often quick step left into guard saves you from literally anything. You can do that occasionally and wait for the whiff, and punish. Also know that Prep (his stance) is usually followed by highs. Duck them. Remember Patrok's WR K,A,CE is a ringout from half some maps. Crush them highs. Raph should be no problem for anyone unless you're getting Prep rushed and don't understand Prep. It's not a good stance once you know it, like some other characters stances with a decent mix-up. You can shut Prep down 100% everytime.

-frames for him on hit/block on prep attacks.... and most of them are highs...

nuff said... ^_~

/Darkfender's going to kill me... >_< lol!

Back