Any way to carry your custom character around?

Ray

[08] Mercenary
Is there any way to put a custom character on a USB stick/memory card and carry it around with you to gatherings?

For X-Box and/or PS3

Thanks in advance

With the 360, you can just take your HDD with you. You could probably do the same with the memory card but I have yet to see anyone with a 360 memory card.

With the PS3, not unless you carry your PS3 with you.

so the custom characters can't be exported/exist in the form of individual files?

No because the data is not exportable. It would be hot if it was, and it's not a big deal on the 360 since you can just take your hard drive where ever, but most tournaments are run on the PS3.

Personally I hate using either the default costumes or people's butt ass ugly creations, and since I'm using a PS3, there's nothing I can do besides bringing my console with me. Plus all of the content is built already into the game, so all that the game would be loading from a memcard is a formula. That would be hot if NB could implement a way to do that in the next Soul Cal.

You can export game saves on the PS3 to a USB stick, have you tried that?

It's too bad the characters aren't just simple files, it'd be pretty handy if I could put them on a USB stick and carry that

The game saves you export though can only be read on the profile that created them as I recall, which goes back to needing your PS3 to be present.

On your console, go to Character Creation and cursor onto a costume or custom character. Your options are edit/copy/delete/details. Select details, and it will show you the entire formula for your custom on one screen. Take a picture with your iPhone. Refer to that image to insert your customs into other people's consoles as necessary.

Couldn't you do that with a PS3 too?

not unless you want to open up your ps3 get your hard drive then go to open up sum1 elses ps3 and swap hardrives. But tbh that wudnt work either way or for 360. I'm pretty sure data is linked to your online account not ure ps3 user since u'd lose that if ure ps3 broke.

Lol at philbond btw.

Thanks guys

It's a shame that there's no better way to do it

It would be fine if the online were tolerable, but this game just doesn't work online at all, so it's pretty annoying.

Well, at least you CAN customize characters, could be worse I suppose

If they don't have the helmets, I get angry. Theoretically. Hasn't happened yet. If they don't have the rest of the armor, I buy it for them, because who doesn't have an extra twenty trillion gold in the game at this point?

If they don't have the helmets, I get angry. Theoretically. Hasn't happened yet. If they don't have the rest of the armor, I buy it for them, because who doesn't have an extra twenty trillion gold in the game at this point?

Nah i mean unlocks the ones where you need honors. But really seems like quite far to go just to get your CAS lol. Only 1 of mine I'd take around is my yoshi, he looks beast lol.

There aren't really that many honors-required items, and most people have them unlocked for purchase anyway, and I don't think any of my costumes use them.

The game saves you export though can only be read on the profile that created them as I recall, which goes back to needing your PS3 to be present.

Shouldn't you be able to "add existing user" on someones elses PS3 and then import the save data to that?
********************************************************************************

Also... speaking of custom characters...
ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET THE SUIT, LEMME KNOW

********************************************************************************
IMG00004.jpg

Shouldn't you be able to "add existing user" on someones elses PS3 and then import the save data to that?

I think you would just have to create an account with the same name as the one from where the data originated from, but I think it is still more of an hassle than for what it's worth. Plus it would probably be easier to just make the customs instead of trying to import and export data. Even easier to just bring your console with you.

Lastly, people should have a few customs of the most used characters on their console anyway. I hate playing with just the default character costumes. There's plenty of formulas in the CAS subforum to choose from. Just take a few minutes and make some.

Back