Anyone buy a slim 360 yet ?

UbErRiCh

[09] Warrior
I'm thinking about buying one in August (Bills and vacation first. :p). This would be my first X-box. I held it off for so long because it was too expensive at the time (Especially to get that wireless adapter. :p). Plus not alot of selections of games at the time. :p How is it ? Does it suffer any flaws that the original X-Box had (RROD, DRE, etc.) ?

I have one.

From MY end of the spectrum the only complaint I have is the system gets hot where its side vents are.

Now, peeps on SRK have reported some GDOD (green dot of doom, these don't have "red rings") right out of the box. Mine has been doing fine outside of getting hot. They are very nice looking much quieter than old models.

depending on how much HDD space you want out of it. You can try to get this model(Elite Slim) or wait til fall when MS releases a cheaper(by$100) one with a smaller HDD(most likely 120GB or 60GB, I dunno mush else on that). to go hand n hand with Kinect, Halo Reach, and the Christmas rush.

Just a note though. Old HDDs and Memory Cards DO NOT work with the new model. New HDDs were made and mem cards can now be ANY USB drive(flash works best, maximum of 16GB(yes, even if have more than that, you can only reserve 16gb for 360 use) per USB drive and you can have up to 2. Making a Max using Usb drive, 32GB. ).

No. now if it has a problem. the little green light in the middle of the power button. begins blinking.

Back