Anyone else feel like Pyrrha (non omega) is the joke character?

Do you Consider Pyrrha the Joke Chracter?

• Total voters
Non of the Alexandra's are even remotely decent. Soph is close, but she's still pretty bad.

tumblr_m2x9n9WOlV1r5x09i.gif

Cassandra>Pat>Phyrra>omega>sophitia.

I have hated Sophi in every game she's ever been in :)

(^this has nothing to do with tiers)

None of these characters are joke characters

Cassandra>Pat>Phyrra>omega>sophitia.

I have hated Sophi in every game she's ever been in :)

(^this has nothing to do with tiers)

None of these characters are joke characters

Pyrrha? A joke character? Nah... I can look past the fact that her animations make her look afraid while attacking and blocking and her win poses has her looking very depressed (which means that win poses for CaS borrowing her style(s) are very limited: they should have recycled the ones used by Sophitia and Cassandra for them).

The title of joke character goes to Dampierre.

With that said, why do you hate Sophitia so much? Too many kicks to the cojones? Too much of a cock tease considering her status as a holy warrior and a married mother of two kids?

I hated Sophitia because every other move was a stab. the rest is practically all filler or just setups for her stabs, or moves that end in stabs as a combo. 236236B tracked (or realigned, depending on how you look at it) like a bitch, had sick range, did half life.

When I 'hate' a character, it has nothing to do with aesthetic design, personality or backstory. I hate her from a gameplay perspective and I'm glad sc5 has a toned down version of her

Edit: Considering that Cassandra was originally supposed to replace Sophi, but didn't due to fanboy cries, it's like adding insult to injury.

Last edited:
I hated Sophitia because every other move was a stab. the rest is practically all filler or just setups for her stabs, or moves that end in stabs as a combo. 236236B tracked (or realigned, depending on how you look at it) like a bitch, had sick range, did half life.

When I 'hate' a character, it has nothing to do with aesthetic design, personality or backstory. I hate her from a gameplay perspective and I'm glad sc5 has a toned down version of her

Edit: Considering that Cassandra was originally supposed to replace Sophi, but didn't due to fanboy cries, it's like adding insult to injury.
I remembered that Sophie's unblockables were notably faster in lll. Also Broken Destiny touched upon her usage of 66A+G. She is oblivious to it's implications. "It does so much damage, Cassandra."

I don't really care for Pyrrha, but I do understand the character and why she is the way she is. I mean, it's pretty unique to see a character so scared to fight with a weapon to defend themselves. Even Talim, who was so sweet, still was able to fight without sounding scared and forgiving her opponent every other attack.

I have to agree with Jyakotu, Pyrrha is just... Eh to me. I mean, I like personalities and I can't hate her since she isn't malicious and all that junk (not that I'm not a fan of bitchy characters, I like Ivy and Nina Williams) but I guess the reason why I don't care for her as a whole is because I'm not the biggest fan of characters like her. Mary Sues just don't do it for me because I've seen so many of them. I'm sure if they decide to keep her and make her more like Talim, I'll like her more but now, I just don't care much for her (or half of the new characters).

Her win animations and some of her moves are lackluster for CAS as well. I wish they had kept Sophitia's and Cassandra's poses for CAS. lol

Shes not a "joke" character, shes a "bad" character.
More so I'd call her a misused or misrepresented character. She could have been a great protagonist if she had a personality besides crying.

I only hate normal Pyrrha only because of her terrible moe-woobie personality and her stupid crotch-wipe throw... who thought that was a good idea?

Her story was actually the only reason I liked her, I thought it had potential to it and the most depth, it was the right step into making SC more tragic and deep but its delivery was just horrible. Sophitia was a reluctant fighter, Pyrrha was just a whiny self-pity fighter.

I'd rather her be the "...Uh, D-don't make me hurt you" nervous pacifist warrior like Cell games-Gohan was in DBZ, than the: "Mommy-I'm scared all the time!!!" toddler she ended up being.

Last edited:
Back