Anyone else ticked off that Tira wasn't killed for her evil doings?

SpongicX

[08] Mercenary
I surprisingly love this entry of Soul Calibur the most, but I was so mad that Tira got away in the end. I mean come on! She most likely killed Sophitia (my favorite female fighter in the series,) She kidnaps Phyrra and most likely made her a malfested. And she possibly killed the newcomer Z.W.E.I. (guy with the werewolf) She most likely killed him, for she struck him and he falls off a cliff never to be seen or mentioned for the rest of the game. That bitch deserved to die for all of her evil! Every time she came up on screen, I just wanted to go straight into the game and punch her! Feel free to share your opinions on this topic.

I think it was Pyrrah Omega the one who "killed" Z.W.E.I ....and...I don't think he's dead

I think it was Pyrrah Omega the one who "killed" Z.W.E.I ....and...I don't think he's dead
Oh, whoops... you're right about that. hehehe, either way, Tira is an evil bitch who tormented Sophitia since Soul Calibur 3 up to her death 17 years before Soul Calibur 5's timeline.

I thought it was odd for sure. LOL, I kept expecting Phyrra to turn on Tira and kill her. I'm kind of holding out for a Sophitia return. I guess she's out of the series for good though. Have to say, credit to Namco for having the guts to kill her off. I liked how the story for the game was considered. You see the they were placing the plot points for all this way back in SC3. I enjoyed story mode overall. Could it have been longer? Sure, they was some stuff already pointed out left wide open but the main plot was great and to be honest the story mode is the last thing I look for in a fighting game and on that basis it did a great job.

I just completed story mode and yeah, it's a shame we don't see much of the Asian characters or the likes of Aeon, Mitsu and Algol. I didn't mind the story in all. A few parts made me think "WTF" but it was entertaining enough to keep me interested.

Considering each character in SCIV had an ending and a relation to the plot... I'd say IV story > V story, I'm afraid...
A cohesive story will always be better than fragmented, minute-long clips that don't tie together in the overall plot. SCV's story was horribly written, don't get me wrong, but at least it attempted to establish and develop the characters, something SCIV didn't do at all.

A cohesive story will always be better than fragmented, minute-long clips that don't tie together in the overall plot. SCV's story was horribly written, don't get me wrong, but at least it attempted to establish and develope the characters, something SCIV didn't do at all. An attempt at a cohesive story will always be better than fragmented minute-long clips that don't tie together at all.
So you'd rather have a bunch of incomprehensible sentences at the end if five fights and a crappy 2-second ending instead of an actual, well written story that actually makes sense?
What I meant is that SCV is only around 2 characters, and some token roles.
In IV, which is not the best example I confess, we have an idea of the reasons of the presence of a character, and an idea of what they fight for. Can any of you give me an answer to these questions:
What does ZWEI wants? Is he dead? Why is Viola traveling with him? Why is Raphael's body used to be Nightmare?
And that's just a small portion of the questions brought in the game and which aren't given any answer.

So yes, I prefer small clips to an unfinished story with major blanks in the plot. And considered the level of PS and CC, "an attempt" is not something acceptable. As I said in another topic, this game is closer to a demo than a finished product. I enjoy the graphics, the gameplay (even if it as been heavily simplified), but what they have announced is really far from what we have: they introduced so many points in the plot and developped only one in a 2-hour story. Really? I don't spit at the game, I only spit at what we get compared to what they promised.

So you'd rather have a bunch of incomprehensible sentences at the end if five fights and a crappy 2-second ending instead of an actual, well written story that actually makes sense?
Soul Calibur IV had a well written story? None of the stories went together 100% accurately, they were too short, and had pointless, unexplained fights.

Soul Calibur IV had a well written story? None of the stories went together 100% accurately, they were too short, and had pointless, unexplained fights.
He meant SCV. And I would say your "they were too short, and had pointless, unexplained fights." apply to SCV too :D

Back