Anyone interested in trying Ad-Hoc Party?

SolidSonic

[09] Warrior
Ad-Hoc Party is a feature of the PS3 that allows it to pipe the PSP's wi-fi signal through itself and into the Internet via a wired connection so you can play PSP games with people worldwide.

I've never tried it with a fighting game (haven't tried it with anything, really) but if anyone has the hardware and is set up correctly (meaning a wired Ethernet connection on their PS3), I wouldn't mind giving it a crack.

If you want to learn more, here's a thread I made on the Video Games Discussion board that goes into more detail and how to get and set it up properly:

http://www.8wayrun.com/showthread.php?t=3715

i heard you can do that with a device for your pc as well. I think its a usb device.

If you want to start an XLink Kai club that might be good too since not everyone will have JUST the right setup to get Ad-Hoc Party to work.

I'll stay on Ad-Hoc Party so long as enough people have the equipment. Otherwise I might seek out the hardware to make XLink Kai work.

This sounds pretty cool. I don't even have a psp, but if you guys can get this ad-hoc community going and it works at least as well as SC4 online with a 4 bar connection, I have no qualms about getting myself a used psp and BD.

The only thing that stops me from getting BD is that it has no online play and none of my local SC4 competition have psp's nor would they be willing to shell out for one just for this game because most of them are unemployed atm lol. I, however, am not.

Pretty sure alot of people have hangups about getting rid of their CFW for one game, that's why I haven't bought it yet. I happen to like my plugins and homebrews. :|

Pretty sure alot of people have hangups about getting rid of their CFW for one game, that's why I haven't bought it yet. I happen to like my plugins and homebrews. :|

I like them too, but I wanted to play too badly. It's not like it's hard to put my stuff on, since I had very little in terms of homebrew.

Yeah...I can definitely appreciate that.

I never said I'd be joining you guys straight out, just trying to establish the club.

Make of that what you will.

This is ridiculous. I wouldnt suggest anyone to go out and purchase a PSP just for BD, it's going to be released on console one way or another.

Not going to encourage PIRATAN or anything but...if you've got a CFW-enabled PSP and it's not a PSP-1000 (meaning 2000 or higher), Calibur has been supposedly made to work on it.

I have yet to test it but I will when I get home. If it does work, I officially declare the Ad-Hoc Party Club open for business.

Not going to encourage PIRATAN or anything but...if you've got a CFW-enabled PSP and it's not a PSP-1000 (meaning 2000 or higher), Calibur has been supposedly made to work on it.

I have yet to test it but I will when I get home. If it does work, I officially declare the Ad-Hoc Party Club open for business.

yeah i can confirm the game working on my 5.00M33-6 firmware ,psp-2000, but i cant save the game what so ever or else it doesnt work.

There's a patch out for the iso, so it's all good now.

I'm interested in seeing if I can get this working for my PC...

Oh, SolidSonic. As you can see, Ad-Hoc Party is heavily dependant on the players' distance and connection. Seeing how you're in Florida and I'm from Ontario, uh... it was a lagfest to say the least. Sorry.

i live in south jersey and i think i got this working.....i would like to test with somebody asap please PM me to test. Thanks

Back