Applying 1A:A:A

1a:A:a tech traps after 66a+b but randomly whiff on backwards tech (probs because of the built in step). you have loads of other options to tech trap backwards tech though :p

also rushing someone down with b+k and 1a:A:a is a solid mixup imo. you could test the waters first with throws and safer mids if you want. scoring a b+k when your opponent is trained to duck is serious damage though

If it hasn't been mentioned already, I use it for: :4::K:-->:1::1::B:-->:1::A:.:A:.:A: using the 'just' move before they hit the ground.

Most successful, offline of course, though for some characters, the first just hit pushes them back rather than keep them there. But a pretty nice air combo in my opinion.

It has been already mentioned. 1A :A :A will not hit after 11B unless they don't AC, or AC forward/forward right. The first hit does not disable AC, only the second and third disable AC.

And 4K, 11B isn't a combo either, 4K is a shakable stun. After 11B just go for A+K B Umbrella, it is the most consistent damage.

I found out you can trick people with 66B if your opponent is expecting 66bA and follow it up with 1A: A: A because they'll hold the guard too long. This can only work the first time you do it though, before your opponent becomes keen to it. But thats where you start looking to set up B+K series.

I’m looking for different applications for 1A: A: A. I can’t seem to do anything with it outside of wake-up games. Its great at catching steppers but at point blank range, might as well go for a throw IMO. For something that takes a while to get down, its use looks rather limited. How do some of you use it? Any suggestions?

The theory behind 1A:A:A is that it is yet another tool at your disposal that your opponent has to deal with. Think of it as a modified version of Mitsu's 2KB. It's difficult to react to, and if they get hit by it enough, sooner or later, they will want to duck. Ask yourself "Why should I use this instead of a throw?" Throws are, of course, necessary and good. However, the fact of the matter is it's easier for an opponent to stand there and block mids and break throws than it is to block a deceptive and fast low *while* being cautious of Setsuka's arsenal of damaging mids. Her 1A series also tracks to both sides.

i have a question about 1 A:A:A. It's really the only move i can't consistently do online and everyone says that is because you should learn the timing without relying on audio/visual cue's. but this last A is an on hit attack and the timing is slightly different if you hit your opponent on the front or on the side, so you have to rely on a visual cue.or is this incorrect? i tried it in practice mode offline and i think it is a different timing if i hit the opponent on the side.
I mostly only get 1A:A online because i can't rely on the visual cue.

Offline, you can rely on the visual/audio-clue. Try to input the first attack near your opponent and input the second A right before Setsuka´s hitting the opponent (at the end of her "ONE!"). The third one the same way, just a little bit before she hits him again (again, at the end of her shout "TWO!"). The timing´s a bit tricky and I´m only able to get the 1A:A online, offline I´m fairly consistent with 1A:A:A.

I´m currently working on a small video about her JFs with some explanation and how to do them. You´ll see the screen and my hands on pad (Xbox 360). The quality won´t be super special awesome, but I´ll try to help to unterstand the execution better and when to buffer JF Umbrella after her 214B+G (which seems to give people the most trouble). If everything goes according my plan, I´ll be finished with it on the 26.10/27.10.

Hope that helped a bit.

Back