Applying 1A:A:A

TheWatcherAlias

[08] Mercenary
I’m looking for different applications for 1A: A: A. I can’t seem to do anything with it outside of wake-up games. Its great at catching steppers but at point blank range, might as well go for a throw IMO. For something that takes a while to get down, its use looks rather limited. How do some of you use it? Any suggestions?

Im still kinda new to Setsuka:sc4set2: myself but I do know of a places you can throw this move in. For instance:

I know that during any stun combo you do, If you hit the opponent with a stun that puts them on their ass you can usually do the
JF :1::A: : :A: : :A: there granted you are close enough. An example I can give you so you understand what animation I am talking about.

JF :1::B:::B:, JF :1::B:::B:, JF :1::A: : :A: : :A: ~~ After the 2nd JF :1::B:::B: you will notice how the opponent falls on their ass.. This is the animation I refer to.

Another move I am able to work in this move after is Setsuka's :(1): or :(7): :B:. If this connects its bounces the opponent and you can catch them in the air with JF :1::A: : :A: : :A:. I know that if you dont get the JF's they can air control away, but it seems if you get the JF's they cant. I cant really confirm this tho because I never really tested it and havent pulled this moved off consistently enough online yet. I do know its possible tho.

Thats really all I know that can help you. Hope that was of some assistance.

I know that during any stun combo you do, If you hit the opponent with a stun that puts them on their ass you can usually do the
JF :1::A: : :A: : :A: there granted you are close enough.

What this guy is saying is that after hitting with any shakeable stun, 1A:A;A is a good idea (and I agree). Fast lows after shakeable stuns is always a good idea, especially when they do as much damage as 1A:A;A.

I'll have to try it out after 77_11B though. I doubt it's guaranteed, but I bet it's flashy as hell either way.

11B 1A : A : A is not guaranteed, only guaranteed for no AC, forward, and forward right AC. The first hit does not disable AC while the second A does. Considering that it is only 60 some damage, 11B A+K B Umb is a much better option.

Rico, let's play tomorrow (Tuesday)!

Hey thanks a lot DeepMonkey. Those are great!

Hmm, its a shame 11B 1A: A: A is not guaranteed. So far I've been applying this one. Its good looking too.

I can't find any other stuns other than the few mentioned. 4K usually pushes off too far from where it generally hits. And I've always cringed at consecutive 1B:B's (too much button mashing for my taste).

Also, I notice the 1A: A: A is useless against Amy where the third hit whiffs over her head. This is probably common knowledge here but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Hmm. I've had 1A:A:A whiff over Amy's head only on a couple of occasions; they were all online though. So I went into practice mode against Amy and the third hit landed every time. I don't know if it was because the Amy's I fought online were customized or if it was some sort of glitch that only happens when playing online. I figure if it truly was a glitch, there would be more talk about it here, but I'll let the Sets vets tell you for sure, because I'm not certain.

The third hit has whiffed for me against the Mitsu training dummy a few times. Probably just happens when the positioning between Sets and the other character is off a bit, which is more likely in the middle of a fight than in training.

It actually misses a lot on Amy. I haven't exactly tested specifics but it looks to be distance/positioning. It does however, occur quite often.

In training mode on a stationary target, it hits every time against Amy. But it whiffs her as a mobile target. I put it on Easy for nonstationary practice so I can easily get within premium range and the moves whiffs the third hit anyway.

What this guy is saying is that after hitting with any shakeable stun, 1A:A;A is a good idea (and I agree). Fast lows after shakeable stuns is always a good idea, especially when they do as much damage as 1A:A;A..

Though that is a decent idea I suppose, Thats not exactly what I meant. After basically any stun move, If you do :1::B:::B:, It will put the opponent on thier ass. From there the :1::A: : :A: : :A: combos just as long as your close enough. Also note that this move connects from a decieving distance. And if its a shakeable stun and they shake out, it will still probably hit because most people arent gonna guard low like that. There are a few other stun moves that will do this as well but they arent coming to mind at the moment.

I've also found that after a decent combo where you know the opponent is gonna be guarding on wake-up, you can usually connect the
:1::A: : :A: : :A: considering most people won't be guarding low!!!

Send me an invite on Live Watcher.. We can practice whenever.
Any setsuka player can send me an inv for that matter, just leave a little msg so I know.

when the 1B:B hit during a stun combo, i.e. the sit stun, is a shakable stun like the one produced by 4K... Rico is talking about the exact same thing as you.

when the 1B:B hit during a stun combo, i.e. the sit stun, is a shakable stun like the one produced by 4K... Rico is talking about the exact same thing as you.

I know.. but there are other moves that cause the sit stun as well is my point.. I just cant think of them at the moment. *thumbs up!*

Ummmm... FC :3::A::+::B: also causes the sit stun animation as well.. Which I believe can be connected to the :1::A: : :A: : :A: if the opponent's back is against the wall.

:G:i:G::(G):ity :5: :(G):i:(G)::G:ity!!

But FC A+B isn't shakeable like the 4K and 1B:Bx2 stun. I think they're pointing out the uses of 1A :A :A through a mix-up via shakeable stuns.

No.. in his original post he asked for help on any possibilities of implimenting :1::A: : :A: : :A:. So I was just throwing out any suggestion I could think of. Whether it be via recoverable stuns, non-recoverable stuns, okuzime, or anything else for that matter. Just suggestions.

In all seriousness, you shouldn't be using 1A :A :A after FC 3A+B, always take the free guaranteed combo for ~70 damage. 1A :A :A is best used after a shakeable stun or in a wake up situation because of its inherent mixup value.

In all seriousness, you shouldn't be using 1A :A :A after FC 3A+B, always take the free guaranteed combo for ~70 damage. 1A :A :A is best used after a shakeable stun or in a wake up situation because of its inherent mixup value.

Like I said.. OPTIONS.. not orders.

But the stun in fc3A+B last for 17 frames, and 1A have 22 frames, so how do you want to connect it after fc3A+B if the slowest move that connects there is 17 framer?
The only freestanding stun that will allow you to connect 1A is ch 4A, aGI 3rd attack, and those 2 breakable stuns.

Yes, I was looking for any implementation of the move whether it be guaranteed combos or simple concepts that can lead to actual damage. All of you have been very helpful.

Unfortunately so far my assumption of its limited use holds true though.

DeepMonkey: I'll send you an invite/msg some time for Live.

Back