[ARCHIVE] agA assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha_Shogun

[10] Knight
Mindgames - Check
A really decent knowledge of the movelist - Check
ag:A - ......how the fack do you do this move!?

I really want to pick up Siggy, and I want him as strong as my Natsu, but I cannot do ag:A for nothing! I got 22ka2:A down no problem, that's pretty simple, but ag:A I cannot do for the life of me.

Is there a certain amount of frames you have to do in this game or is it a certain frame window. Cause I find myself when trying it with fastest imput either blocking and doing nothing or just grabbing. If this question has been answered already, please point it in my direction please. I could really use the assistance in this endeavor, thank you.

I am not really sure i understood you correctly, do you have trouble with instant aga or the normal version?

If you play pad, Slayer_X64 did a video here. If you play stick or a Hitbox, Nightblade did a video here.

Basically, just do it super fast. I tend to think of it as two seperate slide inputs done as fast as possible - :a-small::G: ~ :g-small::A: - and that helps me get it fairly consistently, except after BT SCH B. It's important you do get it down if you plan to play him, because JagA is supremely powerful against step in this game because of no more safe stepping. For now, you can just use agA and substitute it with JagA later once you've gotten in down, but make sure to get it down sooner or later. JagA + Run Counter + Clean Hit = a little bit more than 25% life in addition to knocking them down far away, which is good for your spacing.

Good luck.

EDIT: also we call it "JagA" or "iagA" because it's not really ag:A, it's a : g : a.

If you play pad, Slayer_X64 did a video here. If you play stick or a Hitbox, Nightblade did a video here.

Basically, just do it super fast. I tend to think of it as two seperate slide inputs done as fast as possible - :a-small::G: ~ :g-small::A: - and that helps me get it fairly consistently, except after BT SCH B. It's important you do get it down if you plan to play him, because JagA is supremely powerful against step in this game because of no more safe stepping. For now, you can just use agA and substitute it with JagA later once you've gotten in down, but make sure to get it down sooner or later. JagA + Run Counter + Clean Hit = a little bit more than 25% life in addition to knocking them down far away, which is good for your spacing.

Good luck.

EDIT: also we call it "JagA" or "iagA" because it's not really ag:A, it's a : g : a.

I use controller so I'll look at slayers video and study it. And yea it's friggin amazing and I realized it's just as crucial to his game as A:6 punisher with Natsu is. Combined with the kBE after the 2_8 B+K stance (I suck with Seig termonology) it gives an extra set of damage if clean hit occurs and can set up for wall combo's. Either that or it just does more damage in general. I have L1 set to G and it's what I be using to try and attempt it. There's no way lock it in that position is there? cause in the video it looks like he was using his R2 as A also, but it was too fuzzy to tell.

Its generally easier if you use a shoulder trigger for the second A. Make a fast slide on the frontpad from A to G and immediately press your shoulder trigger afterwards. It feels almost as if you would be pressing them simultaneously.

*also taking notes* Excellent.

Maybe you could begin by practicing your aGA's with Nightmare, strange as that sounds.

When I first began to practice my aGA's I found it easier to land consistently when playing Nightmare. Perhaps it's because my thumb wasn't as shy about holding that final A a little longer, since Nightmare doesn't have a stance transition based on holding A in that instance.

There's a "glitch" with NM that lets him do his agA if you basically press ag+a. I guess thats the reason. It only works with the normal version though.

Edit: To clarify - you have to have a shoulder trigger set to A+G. Then you press just a and tap your trigger - works.

You can do iaA+G with NM. I wish Sieg's iagA was like that. You could also do it that way on SCIV too but you would only get the normal version like ChaosK said.

You tap a then press A+G (left bumper/L1 on default controls) without overlapping the inputs as fast as you can. It seems to be a 1 frame slide.

Oh wow, so NM even got an easier iagA. Really, is there anything were Sieg is better than NM?
(Ok postpatch: sieg has higher throw damage)
/some random rant

I can think of one thing. Sieg has a trick that is even better than QS4G. He can cancel step and QS with any of his stances. So if you do 88_22~5B+K you can get free SBH B's all day if they try to interrupt your step. On paper it sounds pretty broke. Lol

I can think of one thing. Sieg has a trick that is even better than QS4G. He can cancel step and QS with any of his stances. So if you do 88_22~5B+K you can get free SBH B's all day if they try to interrupt your step. On paper it sounds pretty broke. Lol

Easy on the tourney tech! I'm just playing, but that is to this day an awesome trick for a half-health combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back