[ARCHIVE] Dealing with OS Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewtusBibulus

Get your eSports on!
For those of you who haven't been paying attention this page will explain http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/1/28/soul-calibur-5-auto-fuzzy-guard-against-lows.html

Now this theoretically blows up Seig's whole stance mixup game, but there are a few things. First off you can see the opponent doing it, you just look for the beginning of the jump frames spazzing the other dude out. Next it's committing them to a defensive position and Seig is a character who can break a guard in 8-10 from those stances... So lets break it down

SRSH A breaks in 9
SBH B breaks in 8
SSH B breaks in not so few, why not BBB? Because you can quick step out of that and you will get raped, so while it will be a noob crusher but I'm not going to test it because reliance on it's gonna get you raped.

Also if you break with a 3 you can take 120 from SCH B CE. If you break with or 2 you get SBH B CE for another 120 damage... Oh and thats without a clean hit :)

I hope they are going to patch it out, but considering people were saying this is "the answer" to Seig stance mixups have another thing coming when they realize how hard passively blocking will fuck them.

HTML-Code is fucking with your message. I'm assuming you mean 3(B) and 2(B) respectively. How fast do those break the gauge?

PS: I doubt it's even gonna be allowed for as long as it's around, since Namco already confirmed they're gonna patch it.

Few words about this.
I already know that and I did a lot of test about it.
It counter and allows to punish every Siegfried's stance mix up.
Considering that the Guard Burst game of Siegfried is not so good and that the throws are very bad, the character is just unplayable and worse in the tier list. So if you look at daGOTTh one's : F tier. Hahaha.

Yeah it's true, and it seems Namco weren't interested in fixing it. I am really disappointed because, while some players think that it's not game breaking, for me it could ruin the game competitively. It could at least make the game look really dumb, with people using OS twitch jump while standing there blocking all the time.

Considering that the Guard Burst game of Siegfried is not so good and that the throws are very bad, the character is just unplayable and worse in the tier list.
So this is the reason is so "bad"? Because of the auto fuzzy guard?...... Hmmm.

Why are his throws bad now? From what I could tell in the demos they were basically the same and still had long range. Is it just because his damage is reduced?

- I.C.E.

So this is the reason is so "bad"? Because of the auto fuzzy guard?...... Hmmm.

No, that's not the reason. I didn't consider this fuzzy guard. I just tried to say, that with this fuzzy guard it's worse.
So, whitout the fuzzy guard : E tier in dag's list
With the fuzzy guard : F tier....

The throws ? 45 damage, no wake up game even near the edge (like before). The range is excellent, but not enough.

I heard from a friend that it got patched already. Can anyone confirm?

I can confirm I'm spamming this against Siegfried because I hate his mixups. Xiba too.

However. I promise I'll check for you as soon as I get my copy. Give me about 2 hours, and if someone hasn't confirmed, I'll let you know.

I know I'm mega late. Got the game, kind of got engrossed...

No signs from what I can see. More testing later.

i tested it last night sometime, and i dont think its still there. at least i couldnt get it to activate when i was trying, but maybe im doing it wrong lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back