[Arizona] AZ and friends!

If Scott is coming up for it, I may go as well.

What's the carpool situation looking like for the north valley? kPc, what are you plans? I think you're the closest one to me.

If you're going, I'm not going... Just fucking with you. about 75% sure i'll go as of now, just depends how much shit that i need to do gets done before saturday.

I will be able to attend the SC tourney now. is there any official word on the carpool? I would be interested in carpooling.

Scott, try and drag junior and jeremy along, it's been too long since I seen those fools! Havent seen you in a while either, so long that you may not remember me ha ha!

Ohhhh, I gotcha. But yeah, I was definitely gonna show up either way, haha XD. These tournaments are too fun.

also the entry fee for the tournament is $5. $1 dollar of that goes into the SCV ranbat pot. at the end of the season, who ever has the most points gets that pot money. Like Corey said. The pots are separate for each game, as our the points. So theres a total of 5 different pots (KOF,SC,AE,SFXT,UMVC3)

Can't wait to play with you guys tomorrow!!!!

Well, I've decided to learn how to play with a regular PS3 controller. Really the only things it affects is my CS and 6B8. And my movement a little. But after a few weeks of practicing I should be pretty comfortable with it.

Anyway, see you guys at the tournament!

Just making sure, SC5 is still at 2:30 right? That's what the facebook event page says, but I know there was some discrepancy about when it would start.

Sorry I took off so quickly. Was pretty pissed at myself for how shitty i played. Dunno what it was, but couldn't block lows, and was getting hit by shit i don't normally fall for. Didn't have one iGDR come out, even though i'm usually aboyut 70%. Not sure if it was the XBOX to PS3 transition, not warming up, or just plain fucking up.

Either way, was really impressed by everyone's play. Wish I had regular comp against a variety of players here in Tucson. I'll try and head up for the ranbat on the 12th, can't make the 19th. If some people want to meet up an hour or so before the tourney to get some warm up matches in, that would be dope.

Good games to everyone at the tournament today. I had fun =]

Also, I remember someone saying something about a big SC5 tourny sometime in June at San Diego(?). I'm really interested in going to that, but I can't remember what is was called.

Mlg in Anaheim.

For those that didn't make it to yesterdays tournament, it was a blast and I will be attending future ranbats.
Top 5 were
1st kinetic clash
2nd kpc
3rd Dr Dogg
4th Travis
5th king hippo
5th joewah

I don't remember the rest but there were 12 entrants.
Ggs to everyone, kinetic still running shit which is great cuz that only makes me strive to get better. I think if AZ did go to mlg, we would do some damage

had a great time yesterday guys. can't wait til the next one. But next time can we get some more setups. it will make things run better.

Actually, we had the setups, but apparently only had 2 copies of SC5 for ps3. So we need more people to bring copies of the game for ps3. We only had 2 copies I guess.

good matches, was a fun tourney, hope to see everybody out at the next one and some more!!

thanks for running some matches with me aron, i needed the pyrra match experience.

Actually, we had the setups, but apparently only had 2 copies of SC5 for ps3. So we need more people to bring copies of the game for ps3. We only had 2 copies I guess.

good matches, was a fun tourney, hope to see everybody out at the next one and some more!!

thanks for running some matches with me aron, i needed the pyrra match experience.

Anytime dude. I gotta start practicing some more.

ok so im probably not gonna be able to make saturday tournaments for a while. so if anyone would like to play casuals either offline or on please hit me up, i really need to get more practice in. psn id: kyo45 phone # 716-704-4880. im willing to host, i work sat thru weds 11:30-8:30 so anytime after 8:30 is fine im also off thurs and fri so yeah. i live on the mesa tempe boarder btw

So who here is planning on going out to MLG Anaheim? I have the time off of work for it, but don't have anything booked.

One other thing to note: residents of AZ are not allowed to buy player passes for MLG online; you have to do it on-site. Thankfully this is a fighting game (which never hit the cap at MLG) and not SC2 or LoL or we would all be hosed.

Hey guys it's Jowuh. I made an account.

Also Kinetic Clash and I are planning on going to MLG. We already bought out tickets to EVO already as well.

Good games to everyone at the ranbat on Saturday. I'm really tired at the moment, but I'll give proper shout outs tomorrow.

So who here is planning on going out to MLG Anaheim? I have the time off of work for it, but don't have anything booked.

One other thing to note: residents of AZ are not allowed to buy player passes for MLG online; you have to do it on-site. Thankfully this is a fighting game (which never hit the cap at MLG) and not SC2 or LoL or we would all be hosed.

I'll be at MLG Anaheim, but I'll be out there a week before for E3 stuff.

Where does it say AZ residents can't buy player passes online? Player passes aren't even on sale yet.

Where does it say AZ residents can't buy player passes online? Player passes aren't even on sale yet.
I was poking around their site and found it in a news post from last year:

If you are a resident of Arizona, Maryland, North Dakota, Connecticut or Vermont, you will not be able to purchase competitor passes for Pro Circuit Live Competitions online because of legal restrictions in your state; you must purchase them in person at the Event.

Why this is the case, I have no idea.

Good games to everyone at the ranbats Saturday. We definitely have a very solid scene. I'm still searching for a character to use because ZWEI is terrible and Yoshi struggles against anyone who can block DGF mix-ups or has good range. No clue who I actually want to use because no one else really fits my play style, but whatever.

The next ranbat is on May 12. We should start looking into carpools so that AilCross and the UAT group can make it out. Who will be coming from the east side?

I was poking around their site and found it in a news post from last year:

Why this is the case, I have no idea.

I'd guess it has to do with gambling laws, but still doesn't really make any sense. It would actually make more sense to me if they said we couldn't compete, rather than saying we can't buy passes online. I will complain loudly if I get there and it's sold out.

I'll try to make the next SCV tournament or whatever..heard about this stuff from Wolf...my main is usually "HattoriHanzo" .. (yoshimitsu.) Been trying to learn him the last few months. I recreated my PSN acct and starting over. I'm also a notoriously bad loser, I'll try not to throw temper tantrums if I show up. Live in NW valley...peoria area. Oh and I'm probably old enuff to be ur father.

Hey guys it's hAz, just wanted to say thanks alot for the strong showing on Saturday it was awesome to get to see and know new talented players, am so excited to add Soul Calibur to the ranbats

Special shout out to Dr. Dogg / Munchi for helping making this happen, thanks alot

here is the replay on youtube >>

Back