[Arizona] AZ and friends!

Lulz. Belial posted first. Just mention that I routinely check all the forums of interest to me so these weren't clandestine ops being conducted. If you don't want people viewing your strats, you could always use the conversation thing and just add all the AZ people.

Other than that, I won't say much about your observation other than there's a reason I do everything I do. As for the hit-confirming - I hit confirmed with Sets in SC4. Still, I won't comment on how good or bad I think the advice is.

Really all it was was an observation. Not trying to bash you or anything.

Also, I'm not really a fan of keeping strats and new techs secret just because of EVO. If I have any info, I let people know. See you there!

Also, anyone know who Kura plays? I've never heard of him O.o

AZ's pretty interesting, huh, LP? =P

With SC5, the WC forums seem to be the most lively (unlike Canada's with SC4).

Really all it was was an observation. Not trying to bash you or anything.

Also, I'm not really a fan of keeping strats and new techs secret just because of EVO. If I have any info, I let people know. See you there!

I didn't take it that way. I'll explain whenever I'm done with the tournament, though. Also, Kura plays Pat as far as I know.

Or maybe people are posting these thoughts in an attempt to throw you off of AZ's real observations!!! Sick mind games going on right now.

For example, I could tell you that I've been secretly been training Cassandra in SC5 and that I have a bunch of super-secret technology with her (like how to play her in the first place)... but that would be a lie.

Or would it?

Reactions: LP
People outside of AZ seem to check the AZ forums quite often, it is what it is. I guess we're more interesting than the rest of the SC5 world.

REMINDER: There is a tournament on Saturday at UAT. This will be our last tournament before Evo. Everyone should be there.

Tevin... What time are you setting up on Saturday so I can make a Facebook event?

Chase... I was just talking to RyuJin. Now that you have Keev in your pool, things just got way more interesting. It's actually a shame because there are some FREE pools out there, but now it looks like only you or RyuJin will make it out of that pool instead of both of you.

Anyway, if you make it out of your pool in loser's (assuming you lose to Keev... sorry), you'll probably have to beat either RTD or MateoGalvin (both use Mitsu, but RTD is significantly more patient than Galvin) to make it to top 16 (the other matches in your quarter-finals bracket don't seem all that tough for you), then you'd face either KrayzieCD (Maxi) or Something-Unique (Pyrrha, Maxi, Asta) in your first top 16 match. This is assuming there are no upsets, but at least you can think about strats.

I've never heard of him O.o

Kura's a really strong player, I'm pretty sure he plays pat in SCV as LP said, but yeah, definitely watch out. He's a really smart player and has been around a while. He was active for a while in SCIV, but disappeared due to other stuff later in the game's life and came back for V.

Thanks Destin. As for Keev, I'll be going into that match expecting to win. I have to beat him sometime if I want to win EVO, so the sooner the better. The fact that I'll be able to study up on him easier will give me an advantage. Also, NM is one of my most comfortable matchups. And technically, SU was the only one who was able to beat me at MLG, hahaha. Technically. I'm not underestimating Keev though. I can tell he's good, but I'm definitely not underestimating myself. And thanks Bryan for laying out my matches like that. It'll be easier for me to just learn those matchups.

So, mine and Joe's plans for Vegas have changed because of the early schedule on Friday. We're driving out Thursday at noon with my step brother Travis (aka Zeran, he was Xiba at the first Hazbat). We were able to get room at the Imperial Palace (across the street from Caesar's) - However, it only has one bed. We'd let whoever wanted to room with us stay for $40 a night, but remember, you won't have a bed... =[

Is there anything going on Thursday? Bryan, I'd like to take you up on your offer to play RyuJin, lol. We'll be ready for casuals at like 5pm, but we won't stay late since Joe's match is so early on Friday. Probably midnight at the latest. Also, we'll be doing this all on foot I think, so keep that in mind.

Other than that, I won't say much about your observation other than there's a reason I do everything I do. As for the hit-confirming - I hit confirmed with Sets in SC4. Still, I won't comment on how good or bad I think the advice is.
you're just salty b/c now I posess DA TEH STRATEGY from KiteticClash. Your fate is sealed.

Tevin: You have Belial first round. You can beat his ZWEI, but play me on Saturday
You should also play against Hippo as much as you can on Saturday to prepare for his Mitsu
Play against Chase in case to face Malek.
And in case of nuclear bomb alert, take shelter in your tent.

I really do like KineticClash's approach, honestly. This is a fighting game tournament, not some e-sports event where a blessed player is guaranteed top player status by fiat. I don't care if you're Keev who has already won multiple majors, Johnny Donuts, or the princess of Magical Land -- you think you're better? You need to prove it.

You want to have a game plan, but at the end of the day I'm not going to concede anything until I lost, and nobody else should be, either.

People outside of AZ seem to check the AZ forums quite often, it is what it is. I guess we're more interesting than the rest of the SC5 world.

REMINDER: There is a tournament on Saturday at UAT. This will be our last tournament before Evo. Everyone should be there.
Interesting is one way to put it. :V

As for the UAT tournament, I won't be able to make it as I'll be out of town.

Hey Dr.Dogg, I was thinking about 3:00 pm. Does that sound good for everybody?

3pm start time or 3pm for people to show up for pre-tournament casuals?

Also, we're running VF5 and MK as well. Do they all start at 3pm or do you want staggered start times? I'm not expecting many people for VF5.

Is there anything going on Thursday? Bryan, I'd like to take you up on your offer to play RyuJin, lol. We'll be ready for casuals at like 5pm, but we won't stay late since Joe's match is so early on Friday. Probably midnight at the latest. Also, we'll be doing this all on foot I think, so keep that in mind.

ChinNuts wants to play on Thursday.

I gotta pick up 725 at the airport thursday, then probably going to head down to the tournament hall in the afternoon for badge pickup. If you guys are down to get some matches in your room, i'm cool with that. Or you could come to my place, probably a 10-15 min drive from IP. Otherwise, you can roam around caesars and find people to play against. I did that at Rio last year, worked out pretty well, but your chances of finding SCV players will be less because most people are there for Marvel/AE.

We can start casuals at 12:00pm for VF.

VF: casuals- 12:00pm, tourney: 1:30pm
MK: casuals: 2:00pm, tourney: 3:00pm
SC5: casuals : 4:00pm, tourney: 5:30pm

Does that sound good?

hey guys, lots of interesting info going on, i would love to get some SC5 casuals in next week thursday. I'll probably have some buffalo players with me as well and a set up.

heres my evo bracket btw, the only name a recognize is king salmon http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/sc5_c25.html

You've also got Greatone, Jared and Uberleet in your bracket.

Uberleet is NorCal I think... plays a solid Maxi. Jimbo may be the Tekken player from Texas. If so, I haven't seen him on any of the TX tournament results so I don't know if he's good or not. Greatone is at least decent. I haven't seen him play SC5, but expect him to know what he's doing. He plays Mitsu though. Jared was decent in SC4. He used to play Asta, but I haven't seen much of him in SC5. He's from SoCal.

Back