Ask a Question, Get an Answer!

First Question:
How serious do you want the questions to be?

Second Question:
How serious do you want the answers to be?

I'm gonna have to get my wisdom teeth pulled next week (all four of them). How should I prepare, and what should I expect?

I'm gonna have to get my wisdom teeth pulled next week (all four of them). How should I prepare, and what should I expect?

Depends on who's removing them. If its your dentist, they typically use local anesthesia and keep you awake during the process. If its an oral surgeon your dentist referred you to, they'll put you to sleep for the whole thing. If you have a choice, I would definitely go with getting put to sleep. In terms of getting ready, there isn't much you need other than having a friend/family member drive you there and drive you back as you will not be able to drive safely after you get shot up with all of that anesthetic. I'd probably eat whatever you want prior as you won't be able to eat your favorite foods for a while.

PAIN! PAIN AND SUFFERING! It's horrible, insanity-giving stuff.

...So I've heard. Only family and friends have had their wisdoms removed. But in every instance it's nonstop complaining, so I guess you got that going for you :D

Since we have newbie silencers for almost everything nowadays, is there a newbie silencer for life?

Are any of your wisdom teeth impacted?

One of mine were and that was a little bit more of an ordeal than just having them pulled regularly. They said they had to drill/cut into my jawbone to get that one out and I had stiches in my mouth afterwards.

I did get referred to a oral surgeon and was put out for it. I was put under for the pulling so I don't recall anything while it was happening but what I do recall from the entire experience was being in a fuzzy post drugged state the rest of the day with my mouth packed full of bloody gauze and cotton.

also don't drink through a staw for a good time after getting them pulled. fear dry socket.

well when I got mine done a few years back i got a choice between whether i wanted local or general anesthesia. of course i went general...i LOVE general anesthesia...it did add another $190 to the bill though. and no it didn't hurt that bad. it was just annoying because my mouth was full of rotten blood for a couple days and then i had these 4 holes that would get food stuck in them left and right. that was six years ago and honestly there are still holes there. they aren't nearly as annoying as the pain i remember from BEFORE getting them pulled. don't let all the talk about dry sockets freak you out either. i had two, and they were no worse than getting popped in the jaw, which really isn't too bad. just remember that no matter what if you don't do it it will scrunch up your pretty smile and hurt way worse than the operation.

some advice: build a gravity bong! VERY important! also if you gotta smoke a cigarette put a wad of gauze back in your gums and bite firmly down on it and hold your jaw there while you do it. also if you have any sort of tolerance for...um...that kind of thing...don't worry about the anesthesia...it's just a bit discombobulating like a mild dose of hydrocodiene...pleasant in a lot of ways.

oh and DON'T go eat whatever you want right before the surgery because you could vomit while you're under and fuck everything up for the surgeon. just a courtesy thing. plus your family will probably buy you all the bisque and ice cream you could want for the following couple weeks. what more could you want?

anyway NEXT!!!
once after a fight i had to get a rhinoplasty because my nose was all caved in and i couldn't breathe right...plus i was an ugly mofo for a couple days...anybody else have any cosmetic surgeries, re constructive or other?

Thanks for all your advice guys. I am even more freaked now. They said they would give me a conscious sedation, where I am basically gone, can't really move, but can still respond with yueahhh and nuouoo. Wish me luck.

I like, just had mine taken out last week. I had painkillers afterwards so the pain was minimal. Once I got the stitches removed, the pain was almost completely gone. So don't worry about the after effects.

Is starting to study for a Masters Degree at 30 years old worth it? Especially if it involves heavy math (which I don't like) for better life and job opportunities?

Is starting to study for a Masters Degree at 30 years old worth it? Especially if it involves heavy math (which I don't like) for better life and job opportunities?

no. school sucks. I'd instead learn the fine trade of Pimping. It may not be easy but the rewards are awesome.

it's never too late!! seriously i was at university of new mexico starting when i turned seventeen for almost six years before i even started culinary school! i'm 24 now and will probably continue to be in night classes for at least another three years until i can add a masters as well...one can never have enough education. as far as the heavy math goes...well i'm 0-5 against differential equations...so probably not the right guy to ask. i know you lose that one quick tho. is there a specific job you're after, which requires a certain degree? that can really help drive you, rather than just wanting the degree for an easier job hunt. bottom line: if you think it will help, fuckin do that shit!

I agree with lobo. You can never have enough education, never. It might be difficult, especially at that age, but you can do it, and you will never regret it. I will be going for my PhD in History soon, so ya, math is not my specialty either. Good luck and all the best wishes though.

If getting your masters involves heavy math, and it sounds like you don't like math, in this better job you get with your masters will it just lead you to do more heavy math you don't like?

As far as I know you can only get the one from Soul Calibur I, but you can't use your own music for automatic play for certain stages.

If getting your masters involves heavy math, and it sounds like you don't like math, in this better job you get with your masters will it just lead you to do more heavy math you don't like?

That's the thing, I don't know. I already have a bachelors degree in Finance and I was always interested in Economics during that time. I went off college to the real world, I come back years later to give it a shot at Economics in Grad School and it's nothing like what I studied in my degree. Just a whole bunch of math.

Obviously, I need to get more research for it 'cause if the job is spouting there mathematical formulas for models, I quit just like that. I leave all that math to the scientists.

But yes, I don't know. The theorical part of Economics sure is interesting. I really don't know what to do...and time isn't on my side to be jumping around since I'm 30 already. Not a kid anymore.

i have a question..

is it possible to transfer your saved game file onto a new/another PS3?

because im buying a new PS3 and i dont want to have to unlock everything all over again..

i'm pretty sure you can back up saves on either an sd card or a memory stick. Can a ps3 owner confirm? If you can't back up saves sony is retarded.

Angrel-San said:

my dad got his masters in business management at 50 and he regretted not doing it sooner like whoa. I know how it feels going back to school, I'm about to go back to finish my bachelors in Electronic Engineering Tech and it will require a final project that will take me a year to complete, but its school and it will pay off in the long run. So man up and get it over with.

Back