Asta Community Vid Project....Filthy Maggots!!

Gods-Spartan

[09] Warrior
Well, following Gemini Knights advice I am starting a new thread dedicated to getting a tech vid made for Astaroth.

Whats needed

1) Someone with the now-how and time to put the video together.
I have the idea but not the resources or time to invest. I've also never done anything like this before so I would hate for something to come out that was mediocre.

2) We need input from all the dedicated Asta players from 8WR.

Whats this vid about?
I feel Asta's combo's speak for themselves. So we dont need to focus on that at all.

28:B:+:G: as well as Asta's low and jumping low grab's. Also any move from a character that would make them vulnerable for an airgrab.

So yeah, currently this vid would be dedicated to the grapple portion of Astaroth's game.
There are other techniques that can be brought up in future projects.

Oh...and this should definatly be a music vid.

that sounds like a great idea. theres already threads dedicated for 28b+g and 2a+g_b+g punishment as well as a block punishment thread which would all be very useful to you.

i definitely think you should concentrate on 28b+g/low grab whiff/block punishment and strings/moves that can be interupted on reaction... (stuff that is really useful basically) rather than gimmicky stuff you can do on prediction which is only really useful if the opponent whores that sort of stuff.

i think a video would be good as even though a lot of info is already here, its always easier to take in a nicely presented video than a wall of text :) i also think a lot of people under estimate astaroth too so this vid will show some of the nasty shit he can pull out

???
You mean Syxx right?
I have no video making equipment.

or am I missing something?

Ducking Dragonfly A and catching with 28B+G would look good I think. Some Yoshis use that attack to get grab mix-up on hit.

Syxx is good...I know he has made some Lili combo vids in the past for Tekken. But can he give Asta the attitude we need? And are ther any other suggestions for people who can help us out in the vid?

I could actually do this video. I have a lot of SC4 vids on youtube, mostly old ones though that don't show my current playstyle.

Another idea is catching Yoshi out of his Super Dragonfly Stance B (the fast unblockable) with A+G OR 28B+G.

Astaroth136's video is the reason why I decided to do ashlotte instead

in other words i thought it was a really good video

I could actually do this video. I have a lot of SC4 vids on youtube, mostly old ones though that don't show my current playstyle.

Another idea is catching Yoshi out of his Super Dragonfly Stance B (the fast unblockable) with A+G OR 28B+G.

Ok... I've seen your vids. Liked em. You up for it? If so we should start building a transcript for the vid.

Can you JF 28BG consistently? (I cant yet) It would be a nice addition.

Also...theres possibly a lot of ground to cover. So you would have to show a lot of info in about 5-7 min tops.

You should keep any possible transcripts private (meaning not posted here at all), so it's more of a surprise. Just my opinion on that.

I can help some. I can JF 28B+G pretty easily. I did a JF AT on Xianghua's 33_99K,A just for shits in my Asty/X vid.

up to you guys though.

I'll do this under a few conditions:

1. Don't rush me. I'm finishing up a semester in college right now, and finals are coming up.
2. You guys decide on the music AND SEND IT TO ME! I never download music or anything, and I absolutely suck at picking music for vids.
3. IIRC, SithLord's vids were 1,000 times better looking than mine when it came to quality. Look at my Asty vids and add "&fmt=18" to the end of the address, then decide whether or not you want me to do this.

I'm honored that you guys liked my vids. I figured most of you had never even heard of me <_<

hahaha syxx, reminds me of a couple of weeks ago when i suggested you do that video of asta, you should have told me about astaroth136's videos.

im tellin you guys this music fits him perfectly!
@Fuzzydomo: Grimmace's picture is a picture of....grimmace

Um, yeah, I meant to send some of you messages to get ideas for this. Time has gotten away from me and I still have two weeks until college starts back up. I could do this if anyone wanted me to...

Sithlord, did you wanna do this?

As for the content of the vid, I realize it's all about 28:B+G and 2A_B+G, but do we want to show a lot of his tech traps? I think we should just focus on catching people out of their own moves and stances with Asta's grapples.

I can help. I can record and so on. I have some zanny ideas for unorthodox set-ups, combos, and techs. have do some testing though.

Yeah, I can record too. That's why I was asking. I'll go ahead and let you record it. I don't really know what the next few weeks hold for me. If I wind up being busy, I won't get it done... :(

I'll gladly send you some setups, combos, etc. though.

Ok. Send them via PM ONLY. Anyone can send whatever ideas they like. The more interesting and creative.....the better. IMO.

so....is this "Skill Project" ever going to come together? Myself and Grimace were making one, but my POS Xbox broke and we both kind of drifted away from the game. I am, however, very interested to still see a dope community Asta vid. Or is it simply much to late in the game for anyone to care anymore? If so, this thread dies.

Back