Astaroth Matchup

Let me just add that I have neglected to mention 66B+K. That's my favorite move from four. It TJ and TC, in four it had weird properties which it might still have, and is still plenty safe even on whiff.
On block it setups for JG, CEs, aggressive flapjacks, WRB, and 66K, it also setups for sidestepping.

So if you want a strong pressure tool, it does what 66B does on block but has unique advantages like speed, weird tracking, and throw killing.

Try spamming that.

That... actually doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. Since Astaroth doesn't normally move around as much as other characters, 66b+k spam might work. It could be a safer alternative to 66k spam.

But if the Astaroth DOES step it, you will be eating something. I don't know how scary that something could be, but I'll find out when I see how 66b+k spam fairs, won't I?

If only it was still -4, that would be perfect. Haha. Oh well, -8 is fine.

But if the Astaroth DOES step it, you will be eating something. I don't know how scary that something could be, but I'll find out when I see how 66b+k spam fairs, won't I?
Worst case scenario, you do it when he's guessing with a random 22B BE and you lose 50% life.

I must ask, will I find any use for WR B or WR 3B against Astaroth? Spacing him is difficult enough with all tools he has to get him closer to you or you closer to him. Ducking his grabs is always great but finding a follow up he won't block and punish is a pain.

--Forgon

If the Astaroth is really grab/4A heavy, I lean pretty hard on FC 3B. It works pretty well. The biggest problem I have with this matchup is his constant tech crouching so it makes it a pain to get a lot of mileage out of iagA. But if you're good at reading highs, FC 3B/iWR B can cut his game in half.

Anybody got a good answer for his 44B canceling shenanigans? Astaroth's twitching around doing that give me the worst time.

Back