Astaroth Q&A/Discussion Thread

please excuse me if this is answered somewhere earlier in the 18 pages of this thread. I attempted to do a search for "4B+K" in the astaroth subforum, but it wouldnt let me, telling me that my search term was too short... and I don't want to read 18 pages of q&a right now. Anyway, my question is about the timing of the follow up b in 4b+k~b. If I'm close enough to get all 3 hits with 4b+k, then on the 3rd hit I'll push b and get the follow up... my question though is about when I'm farther out of range. If I'm far away enough that only 1 of 3 hits actually hit, can I still do the followup b? and if so, do I just time the b press at the same time as the hit? Thanks

no it cant, but it pushes opponent away and rings people out. opponent has to take the full move for you to do the follow up.

FC 3K tracks completely and always KND while being -12 on block. ( TC from frame 1)
66K doesn't track (but has a wide hitbox), KND on CH and is -10 on block. ( TC from frame 5)

FC 3K tracks completely and always KND while being -12 on block. ( TC from frame 1)
66K doesn't track (but has a wide hitbox), KND on CH and is -10 on block. ( TC from frame 5)
I don't know about "completely." I've stepped it before. Maybe it's like Astaroth's 22B:BE. Not supposed to step, but still can.

damn... really? I thought 22B and BE are the worst move for whiff punish ever because it misses if the opponent does verticals that carry them forward...

Whats the input for the attack throw which hits someone OTG and vaults over them leaving Asta BT?

Also are there any ways to combo into the AT version or is it a tech trap? (See Lolo vs Kayane Match 3 final round MLG summer championship)

Unsure of how to embed directly from the MLG VOD but this link should be the one http://bcove.me/1x8ptn0x

I'm not really sure what move you are talking about. I don't recall any OTG attack throws that leave Asta BT.

*If you mean the move at the end of that vid that was just 11_77BK. It isn't a throw, Asta just runs slightly sideways after the vertical hit so he ends up with the opponent behind him usually.

I'm not really sure what move you are talking about. I don't recall any OTG attack throws that leave Asta BT.

*If you mean the move at the end of that vid that was just 11_77BK. It isn't a throw, Asta just runs slightly sideways after the vertical hit so he ends up with the opponent behind him usually.

Looked like he almost pole vaults over them so i thought it was an AT, thanks!

for a big hulking guy, 3K's reach looks so much sorter. when do you use this move outside of combos? at least I want to make sure they block 3K so I can do hold A or something, but 3K is slow and easy to step.

not sure, so you are saying it's 50 50 thing where a player does 3ka to catch step, and 3k(a) to catch crouch?

btw, what is the impact frame from blocked 3k to hold a?

Can a fully charged bullrush be whiff punished reliably? It behaves as though the active frames are present right until the end of recovery...

From my recent mirror with Divined and sessions with Asodimazze, I'd say it can, atleast, be JG'd consistently^^

If you play someone like Raphael, you can. Closer ranged characters might get hit by whatever is still behind him as they try to whiff punish. aPat's 33B should do it I guess.

Back