[Aug 12, 2012] Edge Master Series - Olympian Edition (London)

Age_of_Truth

[12] Conqueror
It's that time again folks. A brief but spectacular return to the UK SCV scene will happen this Sunday, August 12th.

sc-edgemaster.jpg

The field should be really strong once again, and we urge as many of you as possible to attend to make this another great event. Online SCV is fun, there's no doubt about it, but there's something different about the atmosphere, the tension, and the setting of an offline tournament. No excuses, no lag, no holding back, this is the best place to meet fellow SCV players and see how far you've come.

To encourage participants, the entry this time will only be £5.

Gamerbase will be open 'til midnight this month, so we'll finish with plenty of time to spare. If you haven't been there before, access is easy: it's right outside Piccadilly Circus underground station. Arrive at 2pm for registration, and we'll start the event at 3.

-- --​

Format: X360
Please bring your own equipment (controller/stick/adaptors if necessary etc.)

Entry: £5
Any cash remaining after costs will be the prize pot.

Please remember to turn off your controller as soon as you finish your match, and wait for other players to turn theirs off before connecting or reconnecting.

Hope to see lots of you there. Stream will be provided by WorstGiefEver at ARMSHOUSE

elysium3.jpg

If I wasn't holidaying with family at Edinburgh for the next two weeks, I would have made every effort to make it to this upcoming event. I will undoubtedly follow how this goes very closely, but I'll just have to succumb to circumstances again for now.

If I wasn't holidaying with family at Edinburgh for the next two weeks, I would have made every effort to make it to this upcoming event. I will undoubtedly follow how this goes very closely, but I'll just have to succumb to circumstances again for now.

Ah that sucks man. Top German player Kalas will be there and UK Legendary Nightmare Deathsmate too.

We're gonna start the tournament at around 4:30-5pm now because a lot of people wanted more time for casuals before hand. You can still show up from 2pm for casuals for £5.

Winner will get free entry into the next 360GamingUK event. If the winner can't make it, it will go to the next person.

Attachments

• A5 Flyer UNVC3 + soul calibur 3 02-09-122.jpg
    A5 Flyer UNVC3 + soul calibur 3 02-09-122.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 464
Sorry for the massively delayed write-up. As from Neo Empire:
Apologies for the delay.

EMS Olympian Edition - 12th August

With the 2012 London Olympics winding down, Team GB and their counterparts decided what better a way to send off the Event of the Century than with a test of mettle, controller-smashing and thumb stamina. And so began the summer special Edge Master Series, where the true final ceremony was held.

Team GB had a reasonable chance of taking home Gold, given that 94% of the competitors were from the UK, but that didn't stop Germany from putting up a good fight.

Entrants:

Silent Joel | Deathsm8 | Sharman4Telex | Stone Monkey | Chinbush | Hurricane Rev | Jamal
Igniz | Kalas (GER) | Grunt Dude | HD Hollow | BlackDragon37 | HD SwitchPlaya | Synraii
The Shark | STB Trolldo | Hyrul | Nicotine | The Wanderer

Group A

Hurricane Rev was back in action, defeating newcomer Igniz and veteran Shark, but was unable to overcome Kalas and Nicotine, who dominated the group and proceeded into the knockout stages. Kalas was able to overcome Nicotine 2-1 to clinch the top spot, after a close match that went back and forth.

Group B

Deathsm8 was welcomed to his first tournament by entry into the Group of Death. His early defeat to Trolldo, a new player also known as Temjin, left him with it all to do, and he was unable to take out either Synraii or Grunt Dude, leaving him to face a disappointing early exit. Trolldo also beat Jamal aka Come At Me Bro, but it was ultimately Synraii and Grunt Dude who progressed, with Grunt in first with a flawless 100% record.

Group C

Neither The Wanderer nor HD SwitchPlaya was able to make an impression in this group, but BlackDragon37 fared better, losing the crucial match against Silent Joel to go out in 3rd. Joel's defeat against Hyrul left him in second, both moving on to the DE top 8.

Group D

Sharman4Telex fared better than his friend Deathms8 in his first offline event, after making some comebacks to edge pastChinbush. This allowed him to take 2nd behind the undefeated HD Hollow, with StoneM0nkey, yet another new player, propping up the group.

Top 8

Hyrul and Silent Joel got no further after their clash in Group C, quickly losing both their games to finish joint 7th, despite close matches against Synraii (for Hyrul) and Sharman4Telex, who continued his sterling progress with victory in the Cervantes mirror. VS Fighting champ and tournament favourite Grunt Dude managed to knock Kalas into losers, while Synraii moved past Nictoine after another close encounter.

In the Losers Bracket, Hollow's run was ended by Kalas, while Nicotine earned a rematch with him by defeating Sharman, who took an impressive joint 5th. In the Olympics, no-one remembers 4th place, and that dishonour was to fall to Nicotine, as Kalas once again prevailed 2-1, in a similar match to their earlier Group A encounter.

Grunt Dude dispatched Synraii in the Winners Final, and Synraii couldn't force a second chance, losing to Kalas in the Losers Final to finish his otherwise very strong performance with a Bronze medal. This left GER and GBR to compete for the top spot.

It started well for the rest of Europe, and Kalas very quickly beat Grunt Dude 3-0, resetting the scores in the Grand Final. He used Grunt's defensive playstyle against him by seriously working his Guard Burst gauge. Grunt adapted with a much more aggressive mentality, and ultimately this paid off, recovering from a brief blip to defeat Kalas with more attacking and active spacing.

Thus it was Grunt Dude who was to bring home Gold for Team GB, sending Kalas away with merely a shiny Silver, and all the gathered Londoners home happily chanting his name, eating steam buns and drinking merrily into the long night, etc etc.

Roundup:

Gold: Grunt Dude (GBR) (Xiba) - God Save the Queen played to a proud Gamerbase spectatorship; Grunt does lap of honour around HMV draped in British flag

Silver: Kalas (GER) (Leixia) - forced to pose for group photos with other medallists

Bronze: Synraii (GBR) (α Patroklos) - looks pleased as punch with his medal

Forgotten forever: Nicotine (GBR) (Voldo)

Back