[Aug 24, 2012] EBO (East Brandenburg Open) (Wriezen, Brandenburg)

@Sazayel

You are now also registered :)

I mean it's possible to pay for one more night.
For which nights should I book?
  1. friday (24.08.) to saturday (25.08.)
  2. saturday to sunday
  3. sunday (26.08.) to monday (27.08.)
Is that right?

Well, thank you for the quick reply.

As you stated I'd like to book from friday to monday for now.
I'll wait until I get more info before paying one extra night. Of course I'll make sure to tell you if I do so as soon as possible.

Grunt Dude booked his flight too, so both of us will pay once we know how many night we're staying.

Wow, so the UK (Hyrul, Synraii, Silent Joel, Wil and Grunt Dude) will probably have more players at the EBO than France.

Man how I wish I can join, but Berlin is like 6 hrs away from where I live 0_0

Six hours is not really that much, and also, the EBO is probably the cheapest major there is (low entry fee and very low food & drink costs). Also, you won't find another SC5-tournament like this in Germany. And all the other majors are abroad (so more than six hours).

After a lot of serious discussion between docvizzo, Dark Slayer, Kerrigan, daGOTTh, PB*Neo4Life, PB*Limiter, the GODs and me, the GODs have decided that Viola will be banned for the Solo & 3vs3 tournament at EBO 2012.

The only thing I personally regret about this decision is that it has been made only two weeks prior to the EBO. I've talked to some players from different European countries (Ring, malek, Synraii...) who will be at EBO and as far as I know, we don't discourage anybody with this ban. (E.g. Dark Slayer and Synraii can easily play somebody else).

In the end we wanted to see her banned, because we are not willing to sacrifice our only German tournament to reveal Violas brokeness in tournaments (and even if the top 3 all turned out to be Viola players, some idiots would still claim it proved nothing). Our tournament is fun and not a guinea pig, because some people on this forum that we will probably never see anyway think she is only "strong, but ok".

However, Viola will be playable for the fun 5vs5 nationals, so expect every country to have a pocket Viola ready.

I sincerely hope that we don't scare players away with this ban.

Update of the list (e.g. Cliff is pre-registered).

And I've just checked the flights.
With easyjet there are still very cheap flights from London/Paris to Berlin for under 100€ (or pounds) both ways.
Note that you have to look for "Airport Berlin Brandenburg" or "Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg". It's a new airport that will open soon, you won't find any flights for "Schönefeld" in August anymore because it will be closed.

Based on that, I can only see viable flights for Schonefeld. Is that the correct one? I don't really want to book my flight to the wrong bloody airport.

Just for the record, what's the reasoning behind this decision?

Well, the 5vs5 tournament (aka the "nationals") are (for us) more like a fun tournament. So we decided to allow her in this one, if someone wants to prove her brokeness.

The thing is:
If we didn't ban her, and she'd win everything, EBO is boring as fuck and some people will still say it doesn't prove she's too strong (because it's only one tournament).
If we didn't ban her, and she'd win nothing, some people will say it proves she's not too strong.

So we decided for a way where she can't harm the tournaments that "matter".

Based on that, I can only see viable flights for Schonefeld. Is that the correct one? I don't really want to book my flight to the wrong bloody airport.

It doesn't really matter to which airport you will go, I personally only know Schoenefeld. I'd recommend this one because it's the biggest and has (probably) the best access to the city and other train stations. But if a flight to Tegel is like 50 pound cheaper, then I'd take this one.

@Sazayel

You are now also registered :)

I mean it's possible to pay for one more night.
For which nights should I book?
  1. friday (24.08.) to saturday (25.08.)
  2. saturday to sunday
  3. sunday (26.08.) to monday (27.08.)
Is that right?

Hi I asked Kalas but he wasn't sure and said to ask you; if I decided to stay another night would it cost more than 17.5Euros?

Back