[Aug 26, 2011] GVN Summer Jam V (Philadelphia, PA)

Dreamkiller is just mad, after that thrashing I gave him at FSAK. I mean if I were him I'd be scared too.

I would like to do a bunch of videos of the players while at Summer Jam. We have plenty of videos of people playing but not enough of the players themselves. Anyone interested?

Like...videos of them in compromised positions? Just record whoever I'm playing.

I was going to bring my camera anyway and had plans to document that sort of thing.

Go for it.

More people need to come out, I need more ass to beat. Is this going to be a 4 on 4 team or 3 on 3 team tourny? If there is a 4 on 4 tourny, my team is currently accepting applications for a 4th member. Residents of the EC should not apply because obviously you're not qualified.

The team tournament that's before singles is 3 on 3. I would also like to see a regional team tournament going and that can be with however many people, but people need to speak up/come to Summer Jam.

Why do the team tourney before singles? It will kind mess the drive for people, teams should be after singles or super early so it doesnt run late. You dont someone's best in the late hours of the night.

Why do the team tourney before singles? It will kind mess the drive for people, teams should be after singles or super early so it doesnt run late. You dont someone's best in the late hours of the night.

Teams usually starts before singles because people usually show up late for singles. As long as teams starts on time, there shouldn't be an issue. Why things run late is usually due to either an issue with power or trying to find people to play matches.

I think having single first would be better. Having a Team Tourney first would kinda show were people stand during the single tournament. Having single first has that unexpected factor and it will just hype matches even more.
Its like have desert before supper, it just spoils the appetite. Anyways that just how I think the tournament should be run.

On the other hand, the team tournament helps people get warmed up for the singles tournament as well as get people hyped to play in it. Plus it also gives the people who are there something to do since players ALWAYS show up late.

And I already know to expect alot of 9B from you, so you'll be aiight. But Jaxel will be running the tournament, so bring it up to him if you feel that strongly about it.

I vote for team tourney to be held after singles because I wanted a reason to disagree with Malice. Also, I won't be attending anyway so that makes me credible.

Well, for now I hope you come to Devastation. Next year I'll try to do at least 2 majors. It's hard to predict which ones will be big early on.

Back