Ban Hilde

Ban Hilde.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious why you think you know so much about the game anyways mailbox guy? You seem to have a lot to say about who is or isn't a pussy and how this or that vid is filled with idiots just playing stupid. To me, a pussy is someone saying all that shit behind their keyboard and then never goes to a tournament in their life.

lol I'm assuming you voted to have Hilde banned. When someone does the doom combo on me, it's not really a big deal, I don't sit and cry.

Banning button-binding fucks up the game more than Yoda, imo.

lol I'm assuming you voted to have Hilde banned. When someone does the doom combo on me, it's not really a big deal, I don't sit and cry.

If you click the numbers above in the poll, it will show you who voted for what. For the record, Fuzion didn't vote yes.

Besides, the poll should not be taken seriously. It's the debate here that matters.

All I'm saying is you should get out and play somebody good in Michigan. People do play there. Maybe you can get a better idea of where you stand, because some people have been climbing the ladder of skill in these games for a long time. If they are way above you, don't you think it's possible and even probable that they can see something from their viewpoint that maybe you can't see right now? Maybe a former world champion might just have a better eye for what looks a bit off in the game than you do?

Bullshit resolution.

Why the sudden change in opinion? When this topic started, we were saying fuck off to the pro-ban pussies, and now everyone wants to fucking ban button-binding?

No character is unbeatable. Deal with it.

I thought this was the resolution that people are agreeing upon.

Oh yeah, I can play this game with any controller or arcade stick with button binding......Because I had no choice back then, unlike now. I can care less if my opponent needs it or not. Button binding won't stop a Ring out.

I never said that "this character is unbeatable." Hell, I can't even go to a regional, but that's only because I am deployed. Could you go to one for me, make it to Nats and beat all the Hilde's that get in your way, with button binding?

If you click the numbers above in the poll, it will show you who voted for what. For the record, Fuzion didn't vote yes.

Besides, the poll should not be taken seriously. It's the debate here that matters.

That's assuming you're not Fuzion. I seriously should have created an account called BanBans so that I could prance about, hiding my identity, talking about how I'm so fucking perfect and how I can do no wrong. I seriously can't take you seriously, because for all I know, you could be a fucking spambot that finds enjoyment in quoting lines from Wikipedia. I don't even understand why this is even being discussed still. This is absurd. There is nothing wrong with Hilde. Next it's going to be Kilik or something, because someone got auto GI'd by Monument, ate Festival of the Damned, and then got juggled off the edge by Asura Dance in some tournament.

I don't even understand why this is even being discussed still. This is absurd. There is nothing wrong with Hilde. Next it's going to be Kilik or something, because someone got auto GI'd by Monument, ate Festival of the Damned, and then got juggled off the edge by Asura Dance in some tournament.

The reason it's still being discussed is shown in your third sentence here. Some people still cannot admit that there is even anything wrong with her. Right now I believe the majority know she is broken, but haven't yet come to an agreement on what the resolution should be. The reason I didn't vote in the poll is because there have been some good alternatives to a full out character ban that I'm willing to listen to (i.e. banning extra binds for hilde, playing her on a walled stage, etc.). If I voted "No" because I'd rather have an alternative solution to fix her than a ban, people like you would misconstrue it as me saying there is nothing broken about her at all.

But if you still believe there isn't anything needing fixing for her at this point... you're way behind.

This poll is all kinds of suck for the reasons Fuzion stated. Most of this thread is garbage. Can we please start a newer, more constructive thread because this one is so flawed and it seems like we're finally making some progress.

This poll is all kinds of suck for the reasons Fuzion stated. Most of this thread is garbage. Can we please start a newer, more constructive thread because this one is so flawed and it seems like we're finally making some progress.

While the poll "sucks", it makes a good diversion while we actually discuss and debate in the thread. It keeps those with weaker arguments away.

Some of them still only posted "close this thread" and such, but the amount of those posts are much less, and easily ignored. You can quickly tell who doesn't have much to add to the discussion.

Regarding the whole button binding situation...

Fuck you to anyone who wants universal button binding bans. You're a fucking pussy and you're afraid to fight one character, so you fuck up the game for everyone else?

Leave Hilde. Leave the doom combo. Let Namco sort that shit out, it's their fucking job. Learn how to fucking fight the character, or don't complain when you get your ass raped.

You boast about how fucking manly and badass you are for using only four buttons on an arcade stick, but you don't even have the balls to put up with a challenge? Pathetic.

First of all, dude why are you cussing at me, calling me names as well as other people that do not agree with you? Is that the best you can do to get your point across? By typing expletives at people on the internet? I've been nothing but respectful when addressing you and I ask that you do the same to me.

First of all, please don't tell me I do not like a challenge. I live for challenges when it is within reason. I'm a pretty high level Tekken player that has won plenty of tournaments. I came from shit in that game to be one of the best players in my coast and I hope to get even better. If I didn't like challenges, I couldn't get to where I am in that game.

I will not post for a fourth time what I've already said three times especially when it is obvious that you are not reading. Go back and read what I said. Manly this and badass that... This all screams of someone that reads portions of a post and not the whole thing. Please go back and READ before you post. I think the best thing for me to do is ignore you because it is apparent that thinking logically and coming up with a fair and balance solution is not anything you care to do. "Let Namco sort it out" says enough to me.

Peace out.

Mailbox: you remind me of me back awhile ago when i was talking shit abotu everyone. the only difference was...i knew what i was talking about.

Not to talk shit about you, but honestly, who the fuck are you dude. I've been around since SC1, when button binding was banned to begin with. Personally idk why the fuck that it's NOW all of a sudden being allowed in tournament play nowadays but it's whatever... at least i'm moving on with my life and not bitching about it constantly. I have my reasons why doesn't need to be banned, but then again...who gives a fuck what i think, this community like the smash community, just can't seem to be on the same page. But you need to cool down bro. seriously. If u wanna talk, hit me up on aim...

my sn is chickenwing2k2

Personally idk why the fuck that it's NOW all of a sudden being allowed in tournament play nowadays but it's whatever... at least i'm moving on with my life and not bitching about it constantly.

Cause some of the U.S. scene has gone soft :/

Ok so despite numbers changing, those not in favor have remained at 75%.

So far each of these 'fair and balanced' solution involves screwing over either just Hilde players, or screwing over a lot of pad players. In some cases the 'fair and balanced' solution causes people with really good wall games to have extra advantages against Hilde while she loses her ringout game.

Letting Namco sort it out sounds like a good thing to me, as does unbanning Algol, the bonus characters, and Yoda. It's easy to think I'm saying this just because my character is good, but I've had this exact same stance the entire time I've been in this community.

Knee jerk bans, gotta love em.

Srsly guys? Srsly are we really even debating this? Are we gonna have to have this same talk every time someone wins a tournament with a new character? Im sorry that you have to play against hilde a certain way but sometimes you have to put forth a lil extra effort and actually learn how to deal with something other than just make threads to try and ban something that you wont even try to deal with =/

So far each of these 'fair and balanced' solution involves screwing over either just Hilde players, or screwing over a lot of pad players. In some cases the 'fair and balanced' solution causes people with really good wall games to have extra advantages against Hilde while she loses her ringout game.

Letting Namco sort it out sounds like a good thing to me, as does unbanning Algol, the bonus characters, and Yoda. It's easy to think I'm saying this just because my character is good, but I've had this exact same stance the entire time I've been in this community.

Knee jerk bans, gotta love em.

I really don't see how Button Binding would "remove" her ringout game.
It would certainly limit charge usage, and kill off bandwagon-ers.
But I still don't see how it would make Hilde lose her Ringout game.
You keep telling me you've tried and you just want to play Pad because its easier...
Give it a shot with a stick, you said you could do well with it, its just harder. The argument would die there and then if you manage to do so.

Mailboxarson: Whatever your opinion, no matter how strong or "right" you may be.
There is no reason for you to openly insult people and hurl vulgarities around like free candy.
This forum is for mature audiences, that doesn't imply that we replace our grammar with the word "fuck". It means we behave in a mature manner. Infraction given for your random flames... Tone it down.

The game lets you use custom controls. It starts with button binds already set. Everyone talks about how tournament play should be based on how the game is "meant" to be played, with Algol and Yoda being banned "because they're not how the game was intended to be", but clearly Namco intended for them to be how they are, just as they expected people to use custom controls. I think Namco has more say as to how the game is meant to be than anyone else. What makes you or I any more right than some noob who just bought the game yesterday? Hell, the noob probably thinks Yoda is badass.

why has this thread not been closed yet? its nearly unanimous that we don't want to ban hilde
this so flame bait in here anyway lol there was how many fights started?

Mailbox: im me bro...

Also, how many people that have bought SC ACTUALLY own an arcade stick? answer that genius. Of course namco has to commit to the consumer that owns pads and such. I mean, do you even think bro?

I really don't see how Button Binding would "remove" her ringout game.
It would certainly limit charge usage, and kill off bandwagon-ers.
But I still don't see how it would make Hilde lose her Ringout game.
You keep telling me you've tried and you just want to play Pad because its easier...
Give it a shot with a stick, you said you could do well with it, its just harder. The argument would die there and then if you manage to do so.

Mailboxarson: Whatever your opinion, no matter how strong or "right" you may be.
There is no reason for you to openly insult people and hurl vulgarities around like free candy.
This forum is for mature audiences, that doesn't imply that we replace our grammar with the word "fuck". It means we behave in a mature manner. Infraction given for your random flames... Tone it down.

Button binding doesn't remove her ringout game, and I'm confident that even without binding people will bitch a lot because I am very confident I can get by with kicks. Also I practiced guard canceling into basic moves, which come out extremely fast anyway. This isn't the point, people are complaining about the character itself and not the binds.

When I said the thing about losing her ringout game while people with wall games got better, I was talking about the ridiculous notion of banning stages... only against Hilde.

May seem like a cop-out at this point, but I think all ban talk should be shelved at least until all regionals are complete. Regionals should all be standard, and since we've already started it would be unfair to start altering major rules now. Besides that, after regionals we'll have a much better idea of how everyone stacks up. It might be better to wait even as long as Nationals.

Besides that, I still have my fingers crossed for a patch of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back