BAN VIOLA INFINITE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeph

#TRYHARD
After recent discussion with some fellow 8WRer's, I'm wondering why Viola's backgrab infinite isn't banned from tournament play. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the reason Algol was also banned from tournament play via SCIV?

On another note, I have yet to see it; but there is talk about Hilde having an infinite as well.

Please, let's keep discussion civil- and maybe we can find a solution (ban infinite use, or don't.)

That Hilde infinite is near impossible to pull out in a match, also you can only hit like 8 times, so not really a infinite loop.

If someone is actually able to get you in a position to be infitated then you deserve to be infinated lol.

You deserve to die if you get one move stepped. From any position. In any level. Regardless of meter. Don't get grabbed out of moves that turn your character either. Soulcalibur isn't Tekken, where you only lose 75% on a mistake. In SC, you lose everything. Your second chance is round two.

Ban chaining back throws.

It can be used to extend the distance of a ringout combo infinitely, and it's absolutely possible to achieve in a tournament setting. Tokido performed it 12 times in a row before doing a ringout combo.

Considering it is a true infinite against all but 3 characters, it should be banned. I don't see the purpose of selectively banning infinites based on how much damage they do. They're infinite.

Hilde's loop isn't a true infinite and it hasn't been abused in a tournament yet, so judgment should wait.

Honestly, if it becomes a true problem....then i believe it can be brought to everyone's attention and discussion. However, i think it's a mute point considering that 3 characters can break the throw. But i understand your point nonetheless.

Yes. Tokido managed to pull it off several times via tournament- even using it to eliminate Ramon.
I personally don't see the point of any infinite in any game, but that's me. Obviously the community disagrees otherwise it would have been banned by now. It will be hilarious if that infinite helps a top Viola player win Evo.

Bro - I didn't even know Viola's infinite could kill people. It takes the full round duration to even come close to depleting the bar.

Though in all seriousness I pretty much soft ban it from my play anyway.

I personally don't see the point of any infinite in any game, but that's me. Obviously the community disagrees otherwise it would have been banned by now. It will be hilarious if that infinite helps a top Viola player win Evo.
Once it's done at a huge event, on stream, only then will people take notice.

Bro - I didn't even know Viola's infinite could kill people. It takes the full round duration to even come close to depleting the bar.

Though in all seriousness I pretty much soft ban it from my play anyway.
I don't think damage is really the issue. I mean, if we want to knit pick too, Viola can combo off her backgrab. Pushing towards the edge of the ring (or even halfway through the screen) she can combo into potential RO. Or, keep doing the infinite until the timer goes out.

I talked to LP, and he opts to "soft ban" it from his play as well. After watching Kayane via CEO, she got the backgrab once, then opted to 3B instead of continuing.

An infinite is an infinite, situational or not, shouldn't be allowed in tournament play imo.

it isn't about infinite damage. it is like lizzy VC glitch in sc3. it is an unbreakable throw that can force a RO from pretty much anywhere.

retarded.

iirc, in sc3, we had a ban on Zas repeat throw VC after (three?) repetitions. maybe it was two, i don't remember. point is, the same thing should apply here.

The damage from the infinite doesn't kill people it does minuscule amounts of damage, the fact of the matter is you can carry a person to the edge of the ring and just ring them out, so yeah it should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back