BAN VIOLA INFINITE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you can just stall for time out if there happen to be walls in the stage, I presume. I suspect a ban will only emerge when organisers get a hold of this knowhow, though, so who knows how long it will be allowed?

I don't think damage is really the issue. I mean, if we want to knit pick too, Viola can combo off her backgrab. Pushing towards the edge of the ring (or even halfway through the screen) she can combo into potential RO. Or, keep doing the infinite until the timer goes out..

The back grab has less pushback than you think, and can only turn into an RO in one direction. That, and the combo is 80% of the RO distance most the time unless you go like 15 reps.

That said, I do still agree that infinites shouldn't be allowed. I'm just saying, it's less of a deal than you think it is.

so you gotta be in the corner for it to work?, who is gonna spend 40 seconds doing 40 damage when you can just do a combo after 1 grab and take 120?.

so you gotta be in the corner for it to work?, who is gonna spend 40 seconds doing 40 damage when you can just do a combo after 1 grab and take 120?.
I actually know a forced 50/50 reset after this grab, which is a pure guess - guess wrong when she has full meter and it instakills anyway XD.

No, it can be executed from anywhere in the screen. Video just so happens to show it there.

http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331/kAb1307/?action=view&current=028.mp4

while we're on the subject of wierd viola shit.......

long story short

1. VS 2A+B on block gets CH by a punisher for some wierd random reason

2. a situation where CH WS K combo does not work. this is the 1 concrete example i have, but this situation happens all over the place in this matchup.

she just seems like a really glitchy character to me and its sad that some of these things make her even better than she already is

Honestly, it's not a big deal now. If it becomes a problem, it should be addressed, but unless I'm unaware of some situations, it's not a big deal...yet, correct?

I say ban it, reguardless of damage, cause even then that's killing time to the opponent that is being infinited, and depending on the situation, the person doing it can adjust accordingly.

What I mean is, reguardless of damage if a viola is winning in health she can pull this off and win the round via time out or if losing in health can adjust it accordingly to her favor to pull more damage. Either way your fucked on the opposite side and you can't do anything about it.

I could use a reference that MvC2 had something like that with the double snapback, but even then only one character would die and you still had two more.

Allowing this imho just feels wrong after seeing it's potential. But a few noobie questions. Is it possible for peeps who aren't ZWEI, Voldo, or Asty to BT B(backturn B) or BT A(back turn A) them?

Well...if anyone is going to EVO and happens to meet with the reps from PS (if they are come), it wouldn't hurt to talk it through with them, and the other important stuff.

But tbh just leave it be, I've already read through so many complaints within months as if people are already "just" seeing things...

AZ

Haha funny some people say it isn't really a big deal well it may seem like that on paper but..imagine your in the final match at EVO and ur about to win then all of a sudden viola's infinite steals the win from ya I bet u then u will be complaining about the infinite Ha.

A Ban should be done.
Question is how many repetitions should be allowed, just two?
Depending on pushback and damage which seem to be small, more repetitions would be nice for Viola players.
5 repetitions? The damage is really weak and it's a backthrow isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back