Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo

One thing I liked about this action game is that there seems to be mutiple unique ways of progressing in the game, which is sorely lacking in the genre nowadays. Oh, and it has top notch voiceovers and decent graphics, this game might be interesting.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-batman-arkham/54790 review on GT, they especially like how well the game is paced, which is always a big concern for me. So many cookie cutter action games are paced so poorly these days.

As far as glide kick down, zip back up, repeat? It seems like with more options later in the game, you have more difficult situations to deal with. So we'll see what happens. If nothing else, it only makes up part of the game, you can't handle boss fights this way I'd think.

A definite rental for me... also, is it just me or did Warner Bros (and another company who escapes my tongue just now) overly sexualize the female villians a little too much. Damnit, where's Harley Quinn in her original black and red jester's uniform... now it's a slutty nurse's uniform. And Poison Ivy... she's barely wearing anything at all, just a leaf she probably stole from the garden of Eden and a small buttoned shirt. Well, at least WB didn't screw up the costumes for the males (i.e. The Joker, The Croc, The Scarecrow).

Love the stealth element too, like hanging upside down from a gargolye statue and jump kicking an unsuspecting enemy in the back of the head :D.

I just downloaded the demo yesterday, and been playing it. I enjoyed it a lot, I was excited about the game pretty much since I've been keeping the track of all gameplay footage, artworks, screenshots etc. and the demo didn't disappoint me. Voiceovers are greatly done, combat system is above average but flows nicely, and of course the addition of stealth element is damn great.

I'm not sure if it's worth Sixty Five dollars. (If you can find it cheaper than by all means hats off to you). I just finished the full game and its great game if you love the Batman franchise. Clearly all the reviews dont lie, its really good. Fighting is good and love the moments when I can hang upside down over on a gargoyle and pick my prey. (It would have been nicer if we had more Splinter Cell moments in the dark though). Rent the game if you can (you should be able to complete it in about 15 hours (a few days, weekend+ ) or so), buy it only if you really like Batman. The PS3 version exclusively has Joker challenge mode (which is simply a mode to see how long you can survive with series of enemies coming at you) but if you dont care for that, the 360 version is ok too. Overall, the experience was good and to sum it up, if you liked Bioshock, you'll like this game. It felt similar with a few added differences - i.e. like getting high on Scarecrow's dust (a la Eternal Darkness on Gamecube).

Yeah I haven't tried the challenge modes yet, but so far it seems like just a really awesome rental, unless you enjoy replaying single player games a lot. I don't, lol.

But other than that no complaints at all, really. Jay you'll be happy to know that you're not at ALL constantly jumping back and forth between gargoyles, it's constantly switching up who and what you encounter, so you never really get bored of one aspect. As the reviews said, it's very well paced so far, I couldn't be happier with that aspect of the game. I'm not bored of the combat yet, mostly because while the counter window is large, so is the recovery on a lot of your moves. Forces you to stay sharp and not just mash it all out. You can also get an upgrade for JF attacks.

So far not a lot of true boss fights, Scarecrow sections were awesome but not really a boss fight. Only one real "boss" fight so far, won't spoil who. A good chunk of the villains seem to be represented in the environment itself, as opposed to "Batman vs so and so." Just got up to the Gardens before work today, between the trailers and being totally obvious, it's really no spoiler as to who's next lol.

Back