Be afraid of what you wish for...

Art_Thritis

[08] Mercenary
It's sheer madness--trying to keep up with the parade of new releases--falling asleep in my office, eyeballs swimming around in a sea of crimson jelly, equilibrium shot, swaying dizzily at my keyboard all because of...

Deadspace
Fable II
Brothers In Arms HH
Saints Row II
SC IV (of course)
El Tessoro de Don Felipe (A fine anejo tequila)

And still I'm falling behind...the horror.

There's so many 360 shit coming out that it's driving me mad. Hardly have the time to complete Fable II (while it's not that long) and I still want to play Fallout, Gears of War, Mirror's Edge, Dead space, The force unleashed, oblivion etc etc etc.

Little Big Planet! Valkyria Chronicles on the 4th! Mother 3 translated!

Aghhhhh! xD

But yeah, ME looks amazing, demo's hella fun. I'm hoping Prince of Persia turns out well too... *crosses fingers*

Valkyria Chronicles on the 4th!

I'm really hoping Valkyria Chronicles turns out to be a decent game. It looks pretty cool (although seeing the Sega logo on it makes me worry). Vyse, Aika, and Fina from Skies of Arcadia are guest characters so that's an automatic 10 bonus points in my book.

EDIT: Holy hell; IGN gave it a 9.0? Well a portion of my worries have been settled.

I'm really hoping Valkyria Chronicles turns out to be a decent game. It looks pretty cool (although seeing the Sega logo on it makes me worry). Vyse, Aika, and Fina from Skies of Arcadia are guest characters so that's an automatic 10 bonus points in my book.

The demo's amazing. Playing it made me absolutely sure that I'm going to buy it on day one.

The demo's amazing. Playing it made me absolutely sure that I'm going to buy it on day one.

Yep. That's how I felt, lol. I already had it down for my birthday/Christmas list, but after playing the demo, now I know for sure I want it.

Too bad you couldn't change the voices to Japanese in the demo :/

I'm still holding out for a BlazBlue demo to show up on PSN. I doubt they'd put it on ours, though, so I guess I'll need to keep checking JP PSN.

Fallout 3 seems rather...disappointing, so far. I don't really know how to explain it, though. It just feels less...epic than I imagined it would be. I seem to be the only one who feels that way, though. Perhaps I just need to get farther in the game before I judge it.

I'll probably end up buying SFIV, too, even though I'm not a huge Street Fighter fan. I didn't even consider getting it until I heard that Sakura would be in it. I'm a drooling Sakura fanboy @_@.

I'm still holding out for a BlazBlue demo to show up on PSN. I doubt they'd put it on ours, though, so I guess I'll need to keep checking JP PSN.

Fallout 3 seems rather...disappointing, so far. I don't really know how to explain it, though. It just feels less...epic than I imagined it would be. I seem to be the only one who feels that way, though. Perhaps I just need to get farther in the game before I judge it.

I'll probably end up buying SFIV, too, even though I'm not a huge Street Fighter fan. I didn't even consider getting it until I heard that Sakura would be in it. I'm a drooling Sakura fanboy @_@.

You and I are like two peas in a pod, eh? Boy that sounded sick..

ANYWAY, I'm hoping for a BlazBlue demo to pop up on the Japanese PSN Store as well, since I'm pretty sure..that title will never reach the States anyway. Also, I think the only reason Fallout 3 seems rather disappointing is because it was worked on by the same people behind Oblivion, IIRC. I never really like the layout of Oblivion, personally.

As for SFIV, lol..yeah. I was a huge fan of Sakura Kasugano back in 2002 or so. I was drooling all over her for a few years, actually. I remember my friends always going, "wtf?!" after showing them my 2+ gig collection of just Sakura pictures (that's not counting the doujins, of course :3).

I'm not sure what happened, but..I am looking forward to SFIV even if it is simply to play as a very nice looking Sakura. She really has some nice looking combos this time around. She actually looks like she has this "badass" vibe now, instead of just being viewed as a schoolgirl, lol.

And here people were drooling over Chun-Li. Ha! The blind fools!

You and I are like two peas in a pod, eh? Boy that sounded sick..

ANYWAY, I'm hoping for a BlazBlue demo to pop up on the Japanese PSN Store as well, since I'm pretty sure..that title will never reach the States anyway. Also, I think the only reason Fallout 3 seems rather disappointing is because it was worked on by the same people behind Oblivion, IIRC. I never really like the layout of Oblivion, personally.

As for SFIV, lol..yeah. I was a huge fan of Sakura Kasugano back in 2002 or so. I was drooling all over her for a few years, actually. I remember my friends always going, "wtf?!" after showing them my 2+ gig collection of just Sakura pictures (that's not counting the doujins, of course :3).

I'm not sure what happened, but..I am looking forward to SFIV even if it is simply to play as a very nice looking Sakura. She really has some nice looking combos this time around. She actually looks like she has this "badass" vibe now, instead of just being viewed as a schoolgirl, lol.

And here people were drooling over Chun-Li. Ha! The blind fools!

I don't see why BlazBlue wouldn't come out over in the States. If it doesn't, I'll just fly over to Japan and strangle some people to get my point across. If they bring Battle Phantasia and Guilty Gear over here, why not?

And yes, Fallout 3 was made by the same people who developed Oblivion (which I loved). The Oblivion formula just doesn't seem to work for Fallout.

Damn, 2 GIGS(not counting doujins)?!! Wow, that's amazing! The others can have their precious Chun-Li, though. That just means more for us. =P

I don't see why BlazBlue wouldn't come out over in the States. If it doesn't, I'll just fly over to Japan and strangle some people to get my point across. If they bring Battle Phantasia and Guilty Gear over here, why not?

Well, we may have got Battle Phantasia and Guilty Gear brought over here, but..here's the thing. Battle Phantasia is 2.5D. We also didn't get every Guilty Gear. We skipped out on #Reload for the PS2 and it went on the XBOX and we didn't even get Slash.

We got Accent Core, but we didn't get Accent Core + despite it adding a Story Mode. SCEA has a real big problem with accepting 2D fighters, unless they are budget price. This is what makes me concerned about a stateside release for BlazBlue.

Japan is used to paying $64 for a 2D game on the PS3. However..what about us? If SCEA does what they did with the PS2 and tells Arc that we won't accept it unless it's put at a budget price (around $32 or so, I'd say), then they will probably just put it on the 360 for the U.S. instead. Personally, yeah..I do think it is a bit absurd to pay over $60 for a 2D sprite game on the PS3, but still..you can't ask a company to reduce the price by half just to release it in another region.

I'm just thinking SCEA won't allow a 2D fighter for PS3 to be put on the shelf for $64 (this is after tax, by the way). I also don't think Arc would be willing to knock it down to $32, if asked. If anything, Aksys will probably just release it for the 360 for the original retail price.

That's just my guess though.

Well, we may have got Battle Phantasia and Guilty Gear brought over here, but..here's the thing. Battle Phantasia is 2.5D. We also didn't get every Guilty Gear. We skipped out on #Reload for the PS2 and it went on the XBOX and we didn't even get Slash.

We got Accent Core, but we didn't get Accent Core + despite it adding a Story Mode. SCEA has a real big problem with accepting 2D fighters, unless they are budget price. This is what makes me concerned about a stateside release for BlazBlue.

Japan is used to paying $64 for a 2D game on the PS3. However..what about us? If SCEA does what they did with the PS2 and tells Arc that we won't accept it unless it's put at a budget price (around $32 or so, I'd say), then they will probably just put it on the 360 for the U.S. instead. Personally, yeah..I do think it is a bit absurd to pay over $60 for a 2D sprite game on the PS3, but still..you can't ask a company to reduce the price by half just to release it in another region.

I'm just thinking SCEA won't allow a 2D fighter for PS3 to be put on the shelf for $64 (this is after tax, by the way). I also don't think Arc would be willing to knock it down to $32, if asked. If anything, Aksys will probably just release it for the 360 for the original retail price.

Hm...good point. I may have to import if it doesn't come over here. Thank goodness the PS3 is region-free.

I wouldn't necessarily agree. I point to Disgaea 3. That game demonstrates absolutely nothing the PS3 has to offer over the PS2. Yet, it was released in the US. Granted it wasn't sold for $59.99 but $49.99 but the same applies to the retail price for Battle Fantasia for the 360 in the US (I'm not too sure why it wasn't released for PS3 in the states when you have a game like Disgaea 3 being released here). Unlike Disgaea 3, BlazeBlu is a high def game meant to be run in high def and that's what Sony was pushing for with this console anyway. So I see no reason for it to not be released in the US when it is a high def game, unlike D3 which still made a US release.

I wouldn't necessarily agree. I point to Disgaea 3. That game demonstrates absolutely nothing the PS3 has to offer over the PS2. Yet, it was released in the US. Granted it wasn't sold for $59.99 but $49.99 but the same applies to the retail price for Battle Fantasia for the 360 in the US (I'm not too sure why it wasn't released for PS3 in the states when you have games like Disgaea 3 being released here). Unlike Disgaea 3, BlazeBlu is a High Def game meant to be run in high def. So I see no reason for it to not be released in the US when it is a high def game, unlike D3 yet it still made a US release.

Disgaea 3 also wasn't a fighter. SCEA never had a problem accepting 2D games in general, but with fighters, there was a problem with it unless it was sold for budget price. BlazBlue may be a high def game, but it's still 2D.

I'm not sure SCEA would be willing to accept a 2D fighter for such a high price, but who knows..maybe they understand that the games are on Blu-ray now, so the production price is higher than PS2 titles. Oh well, even if they don't bring it to the States, I'll just import it like Drizzle has pointed out. Yay for having a region-free console!

Back