Sunday November 30th 2pm

Where
Game Universe
1251 Worcester Road
Framingham, MA
(508)370-4263

Cost and Pot Split
Singles Tourney

$12 Entrance Fee (store takes 2$ venue fee)

1st Place 60% of Entrance Fees
2nd Place 30% of Entrance Fees
3rd Place 10% of Entrance Fees

Team Tournament

3 Man Teams, 5$ per Team Member
Winner Take All

Rules and Regulations
Singles Tourney

3/5 rounds per Game
2/3 Games per Match.
Winners Finals is 3/5 Games per Match
Grand Finals is 4/7 Games per Match

PS3 Only

Default Time
Button Binding allowed.
Programmable Macros Banned
BIND YOUR BUTTONS BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS, IF YOU DO NOT AND PAUSE THE MATCH, IT RESULTS IN A FORFEITURE OF THAT ROUND!

Bonus Characters Banned
Create-A-Soul Characters Banned
Algol Banned
Yoda and Vader LEGAL

Double Elimination
Seeding by Location, then Random, in that order of preference.

Side Selection

If players have issues with the the side they want to play on, a coin flip is done with the contesting player, winner gets to choose his side. After a MATCH, either of the players may opt to switch sides.

Character Selection and Blind Selection

Aside from banned characters, characters may choose any character they want. Any player may ask for blind selection. Blind selection entails each player telling the tournament organizer whom they wish to play without anyone else knowing. Then the organizer oversees the players picking their stated characters. Intentional picking of another character other than the one indicated in blind selection results in a forfeiture of that MATCH. Usually this doesn't have to be enforced however, but is on the books "just in case".

During a Match, the winning player of the last Game may not change his character. The loser of that Game may however.

Stage Selection

Random stage selection is enforced.
After a Game either player may ask for Random Stage. If neither does; the match may continue with the same stage.
In no cases are players allowed to choose a stage. Intentional violation of this rule results in a GAME forfeiture. Usually this doesn't have to be enforced however, but is on the books "just in case".

In case it must be asked, standard VS only.

Team Tournament Rules

Japanese Style 3-Man tournament rules.

When you sign up, you must pick ONE character. You may not change your character.
One character per team limit in effect. (aka, no two of any given character on a three man team).

Before each match, the players may change their order, but must report their desired order to the tournament director (or a neutral assistant if the director is involved in said match). This is "blind" selected, aka, the other team does not know your order, nor them yours.

Players play a single GAME in the order desired. The loser is eliminated, the winner continues against the next player from the opposing team in order. This continues till one team is eliminated.

All other rules from Singles Tourney apply except where noted above.

See you all there!

-Idle

kowtow huh?

jokie jokie right?

we all love eachother here in mass (no homo)

except for one person in particuliar (gee i wonder who)

ill be there!!!

I should be able to make it to this.

So do we bring our own stick/pad or will there be ones to play on?

I should be able to make it to this.

So do we bring our own stick/pad or will there be ones to play on?

It's best to bring your own but there will be sticks and pads on hand for people to play on I believe.

The tournament is nominally BYOC, if you have one bring it. I brought 3 sticks last time and it still wasnt enough to meet demand :P

-Idle

Here is a picture I took of a goat type creature when Idle rory and I went to NJ last summer.

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 210
Back