Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Soulcalibur Legends

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Soulcalibur IV

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters

AM64

[09] Warrior
I hear a lot of talk about which Soul game was the best. It seems like the favorites were SC and SC2, but I thought it would be interesting to try to quantify the data. Which Soul game do you think is the best?

IMO, SC4 wins hands down. It's hard to argue that the graphics are superior, and with the addition of patching, we have to potential to have the best balance we've ever had in a Soul game.

I think SCIV will eventually be the best... long as some new stages and minor game tweaks come out... but as it stand right now SCII reighns supreme... i'd Say SC1 but SCII just stole my heart... Plus I think it was a little more in depth and balanced then SC1

Lies viz!!!!!! SC 2 is the best soul calibur game. Why? Well first off it fun as hell to play with your friends. It had a good stroy, that didn't suck a lot. Every character had 3 costumes, and it was so fucking deep high level wise.

CY

Edit: What is the worst Soul calibur game? This shouldn't be a hard one :D

Very close toss up between SC4 and SC2 for me. I'd have to give SC4 the advantage though, since: it has more characters/options, and online play (for when you don't have an offline opponent).

Actually, which is the worst soul game? Many would say SC3, but that's often because they haven't played Soul Edge/Blade, and forgot about SC Legends.

SC2 because of no vertical tracking and having a good 8 way run. Also I can get off the ground quickly in SC2.

SC2 because of no vertical tracking and having a good 8 way run. Also I can get off the ground quickly in SC2.

For me no vertical tracking is one thing that made SC2 LESS fun in the long run. The game became way too turtley, with character usage boiling down to who had the best ways to kill step guard (i.e. Xiang 3a)

Don't forget, a lot of HORIZONTALS could be stepped very easily in that game, with little risk via step guard. So while the overall game speed of SC4 is slower than SC2, I feel the pace and flow of the match is much faster now.

Oh come on, Legends had co-op! And when you swung the wiimote, it felt like you were actually Siegfried! Or Astaroth!

Ouch, tough call. SC2 has the nostalgia factor, a better 'mission' mode, and buffertastic Ivy, but SC4 has a larger roster (And the additions are pretty awesome), pretty visuals, some nice customization, and I don't think we've found some game-altering superbug yet, unless I'm mistaken. (Hey there, G22 =D)

And the online play is a nice 'n simple way to find some competition of, er, varying ability, even if it's hardly perfect.

It's between SC2 and SC4. Obviously there's pros and cons for both, but I voted for SC4 in the end mostly because of its next-gen feel, on top of being an overall good fighter. I miss some of the moves characters used to have in SC2 though.

I liked SC2 best. Loved Nightmare back then. He's good now, but if I had my choice, I'd bring into the next gen.

I prefer SC2 Nightmare (Aesthetically, at least). I'm really split on which one (SC2 and SC4) was better overall, though I'm leaning towards SC2. I think all of the games (Except Legends) had something going for it. I'd love it if even half as much effort went into sheer content for SC4 as it did for the previous games.

Back