Best voice actor for specific characters?

I know I'm gonna get some hate for this:
Talim- SCIV I actually LOVED this voice. It suited her character (imo) and I felt that it served her personality the best.
Tira SCV- doing that gloomy and jolly is amazing!

I know I'm gonna get some hate for this:
Talim- SCIV I actually LOVED this voice. It suited her character (imo) and I felt that it served her personality the best!
It did, but how she was potrayed was kinda too innocently boring to me. I miss her confident challanging tone.

I am going to get a lot of hate for this but I kind of prefer all of the SCV voices compared to any of the SC2 voices personally.

-I love Ivy's voice and feel it really matches her character (better than her Japanese va) and is appropriate for her age.

-Charles Rubendall voices an extremely cocky, arrogant and emphatic Raphael which I feel matches him well. I think most people are favoring SC2 Raph for the lack of "Amy" lines rather than for the content of the rest of his lines but I am probably wrong.

-I actually enjoyed SCIV Nightmare but SCV Nightmare (same va as Raph?) plays a wicked Nightmare and is probably who I want to voice Nightmare for now on.

-Algol has the perfect voice actor and it will be hard for me to imagine some one else voicing the Hero King now

-Tira probably has the best voice acting by Jeniffer Hale (thank her amazing range) this game and really got into her role this game.

-I am a big fan of Johnny Young Bosch and originally I thought that if Leixin would replace Kilik than I would want Johnny voicing him for the role. Next day Xiba was revealed and a few weeks afterward the english trailer came out. I feel it is appropriate (though I sympathize with the fact once you hear Johnny's voice once you hear it everywhere).

-Roger Craig Smith is an appropriate Siegfried and although I love Crispin Freeman a lot, I felt his voice providing a deep-voiced, brooding warrior was a bit overkill.

-Cervantes has an amazing VA in SC2, without question, but I think SCV brought an improvement to SCIV and brought more life to the character (SC2 Cerv sounded too flat with his ghost self. It does not fit the current Cervantes).

These are a group of my favorites but I think SCV was very well done in both dubs and definitely does not sting my ears. Then again, I do not believe I am too picky with the voices I hear, so perhaps I am not as suited for my opinion.

--Forgon

Cervantes' SC2 VA was very good. A menacing baritone is perfect for him, and that's something that Wally Wingert (his SC3 & 4 voice) lacked, but it has been shown through Blood+ and other shows that he can get there. Patrick Seitz' performance in 5 also has plenty of room for improvement. If a future SC game is made he NEEDS to get into Dracula/Kenpachi range.

It's this simple. PS/NB only needed to hire two VAs: Norio Wakamoto for Japanese voiceovers and Steve Blum for English. They would've voiced every character, including the narrator, including the women.

Ivy VA in Soul Calibur 2 was, by far, my favorite one because of that epic laugh. Furthermore, I think every character voice actor was better in Soul Calibur 2 - besides Maxi and Seong Mina, of course.

Edit: I cannot forget Wendee Lee (Xianghua) and Tara Platt (Setsuka in SC IV). I've been a fan of Tara since I played Persona 3 (Mitsuru-Senpai VA).

As cool as Cervantes sounded in Soul Calibur 2, his voice wasn't really anything. It felt all over the place though if they changed his character his SC2 voice could certainly make a comeback.

Algol can stay for a character and voice anyday. Mitsu's current VA is good. There are two created soul voices. I think one was the veteran knight, and the other was the master warrior or something. They do good for making Xiahou Dun and Cao Cao created souls.... Since it's their VA's and stuff :P

It's this simple. PS/NB only needed to hire two VAs: Norio Wakamoto for Japanese voiceovers and Steve Blum for English. They would've voiced every character, including the narrator, including the women.

One problem. SC is a non-union dub, and Steve is now union so he's no longer allowed to work on anything that isn't union.

Steve Blum!!! FOR EVERYONE
I don't care if its a girl or guy
Steve Blum playing everyone would make my day every time I play SC!

Back