Bind discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJackson

[14] Master
The whole not being able to hold down a button and use that button simply sucks. That's all there is too it. I, like so many others, used the "standard Hilde button binds" when playing in IV.

L1: A
L2: G+B
R1: B
R2: A+K

...and now I've remapped R2 to A+B+K as there are no A+K inputs in the game anymore.

How's everyone adjusting?
Still using a pad?
Have you tried Stick Hilde?
Have you noticed that several of the combo starters (3B BE /// 22_88 B [on hit]) have built in "delays" that allow you to build enough charge to complete combos?

Ah Hilde, you crazy bitch, why do I still love you so.

I played standard 4 button stick Hilde since the launch of SCIV. So I was already adjusted to playing her with out binds. *Warms my heart that Namco took out the button binding.*

I did notice the built in delays. The change is growing on me especially since it allows for combos to work more consistently online.

So far I'm enjoying the new Hilde. Her lips are still juicy as ever and her new moves are silky smooth. Wish she had some part in story mode... Common now Namco!

I'm used to Juri in Street Fighter IV, who can't use a button she is currently charging. So it's natural to me =\ Makes the charge moves have a bit of a risk to them, as they should for the damage these things do!

I did switch to the binds you use in my first hour with her. Just seemed to feel better, and makes all simultaneous inputs a lot easier for me for all characters.

I had no experience with Hilde in SC4, but I'm interested in maining her in SC5. After reworking my control scheme to compensate, I discovered that I'm loving the result with pretty much anyone on the roster. This is with a 360 controller (yeah, I know, but it's what is always available to play on in this area) and the binds are as follows:

Button - Action
LB - A
RB - B
LT & RT - A+B+K
A - G
X - K
Y - A+G
B - B+G

In words: horizontal and vertical are on the shoulders while the four face buttons are guard, kick, and the two grabs; the triggers are for easy edge commands. Thing is, I'm bad at this game. It feels good to me, aside from the difficulty of reprogramming my old reflexes, but I was curious if there are technical reasons why the above control scheme is bad (especially regarding Hilde).

I'm struggling a bit, Hilde was my main in SC4 and being able to catch a turtle off-guard with a grab while charging was incredibly useful. Also can't say i'm too happy about them switching her :6::4::B+G: into a BE attack, that sucks.

Still adjusting but enjoying her air juggles in practice, think i'm up to 10 hits. Shame they won't be much use online as they can be countered after the first hit of the juggle. :(

I had no idea so many people used binds in Sc4. I have been playing Hilde on Stick with default settings since day one so I was shocked to find most used extra button set ups. I actually think its kinda cheap to be able to attack using the same button you were supposed be holding. No wonder everyone hated her lol.

I like the new Hilde a lot. Different for sure, but I do like how she is played now. My only gripe is a small one and it's that 8k is not as good as it used to be.

My only gripe is a small one and it's that 8k is not as good as it used to be.

Ain't THAT the truth. I still find myself trying to 7K away from people and since you CAN'T 7K at ALL anymore I just 8K in their face, look dumb, and get punished.

That's one of the hardest habits I have with her now.

That and it also feels a lot like she can't pressure people and has to rely on whiff punishment much more than she used too.

I was thinking of switching just the top two bumpers to A and B, for when you need to use them in such manner. I don't need a throw macro for A+G, nor a macro for A+B. I've never played Hilde in IV so I don't know what I'm getting myself into.

I've actually warmed to using this version of Hilde, shes nowhere near as complicated as she was in SC4. Once you break the habits you've brought across you realise how much they've dumbed her down.

PS3 pad:
R1 = B
R2 = A+B+K
L1 = B+G
L2 = A+B

So far I have 0 problems with any of the commands. I mainly use R1 and square, the actual triangle for B I rarely use it.

On pad I used:
R1 - B
L1 - A
L2 - B+G
R2 - A+B+K

Then I switched to stick and everything just became much easier... I highly highly reccomend using stick for her.

only change for me is LB = B+K, makes it easier to play other characters and you can still charge b off of it since a+b charges a over b(unless holding a somewhere else) only fault of having my bumpers as b+k and a+b is the loss of a kick when charging b, which i have learned to live with. =^)

Really, really missing being able to A+B while charging A.

Feels like the default controls on pad actually kind of work for her now, although you can't block while charging B.

Feels like the default controls on pad actually kind of work for her now, although you can't block while charging B.

Of course you can, you can charge both A and B and still guard or use kicks :) The only thing thats changed is she can no longer grab while charging.

Of course you can, you can charge both A and B and still guard or use kicks :) The only thing thats changed is she can no longer grab while charging.
Correct u can always block unless you have some very weird set up on the pad and your fingers won't reach G while pressing B XD!

Guys... when she is charging A, you can just press L2 to grab... I have done it countless times...

Well thats a new one on me, I just tested it and you're right to some extent.

You can't charge and use a grab that uses that button. So you can charge B and use A+G or charge A and use B+G.

That changes her game quite a bit in my eyes, the problem I have is that I tend to charge both A and B together and I don't think its a habit i'll be able to change anytime soon. Spent 2-3 years doing it in SC4.

Well thats a new one on me, I just tested it and you're right to some extent.

You can't charge and use a grab that uses that button. So you can charge B and use A+G or charge A and use B+G.

That changes her game quite a bit in my eyes, the problem I have is that I tend to charge both A and B together and I don't think its a habit i'll be able to change anytime soon. Spent 2-3 years doing it in SC4.

What you have to do is that you use a bunch of charge moves first. Then you trick the opponent into thinking you are going to use the same moves, then just grab him. It works almost all the time, they always try to block everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back