BlazBlue - GuiltyGear's next gen cousin

Can't wait for this game! Lookin' froward to playing as Tao and Lei. I just heard the announcer for the first time and her "ACTION!" gave me shivers.

Don't know if this has been discussed or not but does the story take place 4000 years after the events of GG? if so, why such a ridiculously long time period away?

Whoa maybe I was wrong about GG being dead at all!

Will the Guilty Gear series return to fighting games, maybe Guilty Gear X3, Guilty Gear XX Super Ultra Core or a brand new installment in the series?

DI: GG series as a 2D fighting game haven’t ended. We’re planning to develop both 2D and 3D series, but it’s still too early for us to disclose any information.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/09/09/all-about-guilty-gear-2-overture/

Woo! Glad to hear my buddy Mike is on top of things, haha.

As for that news, I'd still take it with a grain of salt. Daisuke could still be talking tweaks or successors. Still not bad news though :D

Interesting. I was under the assumption that BB would take GG's place this gen as far as 2D fighters are concerned, specially after Daisuke stated that GG2:O was the direction he wanted the series to head in now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a GGX3, but I still plan on playing BB.

Blazblue confirmed for THIS winter!

lolspongebob.jpg

Press release would actually make it 10 times better :P Somehow I find it hard to take your word for it with a spongebob graphic right afterwards.

Haha, okay then, my bad. As exciting as the news is the fact that most of us have to wait a few months before playing it will simply stew my anxiety, haha.

^ I hear that brotha! Show of hands (or posts I suppose) how many people are gonna buy a PS3 for this?

*raises hand*

oh yeah, definitely... but for me I'll be picking up a PS3 earlier for Resident Evil: Degeneration. I'm planning on getting a PS3 simply for bluray and the once-in-a-while exclusive, until (probably 2 years from now) developers understand and figure out how to use the whole Cell infrastructure to the max.

I really want to try out Faye Ling. I think it might be Donovan Withdrawal. >_>

Im not gonna lie, I am interested in this game. But Im not sold yet.

Only character so far that I'd want to play is Taokaka. Due to her humorous animations n stuff (simular to Robo-Ky or Faust) One of her supers I saw where she jumps on the oppenant, claws the fuck out of them in a comical cloud of smoke gave me a lawl.

My friends and I thought up nicknames for some of the Blazblue characters:

Ragna the Bloodage - Baron Von Evilface

Jin Kisaragi - Stocky McStock

Bang Shishigami - Mr. Sir

Noel Vermillion - Miss Ma'me

Iron Tager - NOT Potemkin

Arakune - No Face

Litchi Faye Ling - Jelly (As opposed to Jam)

No face...
I knew my brothers and I weren't the only one that though that Arakune looked exactly like No Face. Despite that, he umm it is still one of the most original character designs for this game.

Back