BlazBlue - GuiltyGear's next gen cousin

Console release has been slated for 7/01.

Taken from Dustloop.

Suzaku said:
Correction: 碧羅の天へ誘えど

"Hekira no Sora he Sasoe do", rougly, "Invitation to the Sky Covering Everything in Blue", or something to that effect.

Better article from Famitsu (Dengeki listed the creator as Capcom... :vbang:): http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1232287_1124.html

There's also a new insert song for Continuum Shift called Pandora Tears.
There will be twice as many anime cutscenes, once again animated by Gonzo.
The tutorial mode is fully voiced, with Rachel offering guidance to the player.
Challenge Mode will have challenges like making long combos, only a monster can get the highest rank.
Netcode is being improved over the previous version's.
Big story mode with a lot of dialogue.
Tomokazu Sugita will be voicing a subordinate of Bang's.
They're planning DLC, so please look forward to it.
Opening theme is "Hakira no Sora he Sasoe do" by Kotoko.
There will be a limited edition, but the contents aren't finalized.

We'll probably end up getting a look at Tao's face: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/239/239658/img.html

Quick note about Lambda, she's the failed clone from an earlier experiment. She's mentioned briefly, in the Opening on the console version of CT.

Lambda, Nu and Noel are all clones of Saya and all share the same or part of the memories tied to Saya. The brief flits of Nu showing up in Lambda are probably the result of psychosis resulting from multiple clonings. Kinda also explains why Nu was pretty unstable.

Word on the street is, America isn't getting the Limited edition box... WHY THE FUCK NOT?!?!? We got a LE in the 1st release, why not this one too?

i love how the guy pointed out the thing that ppl forget about games...the devs make the game to MAKE MONEY..they dont give a shit if ppl dont think its hard enough. they makin money. i totally agree with making a game simple and user friendly to attract a larger audience...and as the series goes on u can tweak it here and there to make high lvl play more difficult while still keeping the game fun.

The mantra for any great game should be: Easy to learn, difficult to master. MvC2 is a good example. Very easy controls and the Magic Sequence is very easy to learn. A new player can pick it up and dive right in and start pulling off really cool stuff. But the game has retarded depth and takes a long time to master (even if that point of mastery is playing the most broke fighter in history).

Easy controls doesn't mean the game is only for noobs. I've always application and timing was a better formula for skill than convoluted movements. Kinda why I like SC, moves are fairly easy and I get to focus on application and timing more than hand gymnastics.

Games with overly complex rules or huge execution barriers never last long.

Case to point; Go and Chess.

Of course, many games have become much more complicated over the years as the experience has refined itself.

Games that succeed are those that maintain its easy-to-learn, easy-to-get-into atmosphere and try to avoid unnecessary steps to making the game more difficult to learn or play.

Of course, more relevant examples in today's world might be something like StarCraft versus Age of Empires or Dawn of War. While many games maintain certain complexities and executions, StarCraft tends to win out in the long run due to its ease of use and getting into. Age of Empires and Dawn of War have far more complex hurdles that take time in mastering.

I don't see how execution makes the better player. If you want to see who care press buttons quickly and at the right times, play guitar hero. If you want to see which player can out think the other play fighting games.

Option select throw break is retarded though.

Back