BlazBlue - GuiltyGear's next gen cousin

I need ppl to play this with. and by play i mean i need ppl to kick my ass so i can learn.

also i love playing against tager for the simple fact that i can pull off combos that should not be possible (like air combos while hes standing lmao)

We still haven't played, Rekano! I'm pretty sure I added you, but I'm not sure if we're ever on at the same time!

I can't wait for Platinum! But what I am really looking froward to is the BALANCE PATCH! I hope they: Fix teh PS3 net code, nefr ragna, nerf Bang and buff Tsubaki! And I hope Platinum plays well.

From what I heard the balance patch includes some pretty big changes. I wouldn't even be surprised if they sold the patch as DLC and it included Valk and plat.

From what I heard the balance patch includes some pretty big changes. I wouldn't even be surprised if they sold the patch as DLC and it included Valk and plat.

Nah, they said the balance patch would come this winter for console owners free of charge, same time as the arcade version. Arcade players will get Makoto, Mu, Platinum and Valkenhayn as part of the update. Balance patch isn't coming out soon, but much later, probably after Trinity becomes playable.

After studying those videos, it looks like Valkenhayn isn't too fast. He has a hop instead of a dash (like Haku-men), he's got great range with, I assume, 5B and 5C. He has a weird upward hook-like kick from crouching (2B? 2C?) and his trip is pretty short range. He also an interesting downward kick and a strange jump kick that has him hover in the air briefly.

With all that range, I imagine he isn't too fast. I doubt he can handle close-ranged characters - like Noel - too well. His 5A doesn't seem to have too much range, but it might be enough to beat back pressure. Didn't see anything resembling a good reversal, but it's still early so we'll see sooner or later.

He has Siegfried's kick... (the jumping double kick face plant) I wonder if this is his FC normal, or if its a special move. Lots of start up time, but it also seems to cause wall bounce. I wonder what you can do with it.

His supers look great. Especially that ground super, I wonder if its blocked, will he do all the hits? Looks like his air super has massive recovery if it misses. I also think it would be unwise to use it outside of a combo, due to the angle of it it would be easy to DP Valkenhayn out of it.

His wolf form looks interesting. Apparently it has an entire moveset of its own and drains his wolf meter as long as he's in it. I wonder how it functions? Is it like Nirvana where you hold down the button, or is it a toggle where you just press D to turn into a wolf and D again to turn back? If he's got specials out of it, it would probably control best if its just a toggle. Maybe has both functions, a toggle and a held button?

Eager to see what else he can do, and what other specials his has.

Valk's wolf form is a toggle. I believe you can change after some attacks as well. Apparently, while in wolf form you can't block or crouch. Left will move you left, right moves you right.

Valk's wolf form is a toggle. I believe you can change after some attacks as well. Apparently, while in wolf form you can't block or crouch. Left will move you left, right moves you right.

Sweet, that means I don't have to screw up my fingers when fighting in wolf form. Kinda figured that he couldn't block while in wolf form, but no crouching either? Wonder if some high attacks will whiff then.

The multi-hit super goes off if blocked and you get murdered for it according to loke testers.

Darn. That means both his supers are really unsafe if whiffed or blocked. Still, they're both combo-able so I guess that's a fair trade-off.

Some of that stuff doesn't sound quite right and so I checked the source of that data and turns out, it's kind of inaccurate. For example, it's listed there that Valkenhayn doesn't have a normal throw, this isn't true. According the the source Valkenhayn doesn't have a normal throw in Beast form, and instead gets a command throw while in his Beast form.

As further proof, one of the Valkenhayn videos shows Valk doing normal throws.

He does have a normal throw. I'm pretty sure they meant he only has the command throw in wolf mode. Everything else is just observational from the brief playing time.

The general consensus is that he's a little too strong right now.

He does have a normal throw. I'm pretty sure they meant he only has the command throw in wolf mode. Everything else is just observational from the brief playing time.

The general consensus is that he's a little too strong right now.

How is he too strong? I think it's more of positive impression of him than anything else. If its his damage, we still have to consider the many different strategies and play-styles of each of the cast. Even if his damage is high, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's strong.

Back