Bonus Characters

Soul

Valide Kösem Sultan
What are your general thoughts on them?

Imo,PS can make good use of the bonus characters slot and make it a slot for the non-returning characters from older games.

For example,characters like Hwang,Li Long,Xiba,Liexia,Arthur,Rock,and Seong Mi-Na.
If they do not return in as a part of the main roster in the next installment,then PS can just add them as "Skins" with the fighting style of those who wield their style in the official roster,respectively.
Only thing special about them is the voice and costumes.

bonus characters are just basically pre-made CaS's...not too fond of CaS myself, why not just make them actual players or pass their style down?

bonus characters are just basically pre-made CaS's
I wouldn't say that.
Their outfits and weapons are unique,cannot be made in Character Creation.

why not just make them actual players or pass their style down?
That's the thing,that would make the roster way too big for a SC game.
It would be 70 character slots total,counting all bonus characters + one guest character.

I wouldn't say that.
Their outfits and weapons are unique,cannot be made in Character Creation.

That's the thing,that would make the roster way too big for a SC game.
It would be 70 character slots total,counting all bonus characters + one guest character.

their styles would be usable and you can come close to making them in CaS

the more the merrier I say :D

Come close,maybe.

Another unique feature of Bonus characters is the face & hair.

For a great example,look at Ashlotte:
ashSC4art1.jpg

You can't make anything similar to that in CaS , unless they really pump it up in SCVI.
Imo,Ashlotte is a lot better than Astaroth in many aspects.From the design,to the armor,the hair,the personality,the weapon,and the mask.

but she's just another skin for an astaroth CaS...make Ashlotte her own character!
Yeah,but in case making her her own character is far off,they can atleast add her as a bonus.
It'd be awful to waste such a design.

I honestly don't mind the CaS bonus character styles from 3. Ideally, all character equipment should be available in Create a Soul, but Bonus Characters would have unique faces and lines. Maybe voices too, if they can reuse them. I don't see them recording unique voices for bonus characters alone though.

I didn't like any of the guest-designed bonus characters in SCIV to be honest. Too often I feel as though the guest artist uses the opportunity to design something that plays strongly to their personal... eh... tastes, we'll say.

They were a necessary inclusion in SC4 cuz the guest characters were so western (star wars) that they needed some jap-centric manga artist inspired reskins of existing movesets.

I'm not happy about it either but thats what that is

Back