Broken Destiny - First Impressions

Nightblade

is SUPERCHARGED!!
So I am visiting Japan for a couple weeks, and BD came out today. I must say it is pretty fun. They added a LOT to the character customization options. I am not all that interested in that, but it is amusing at least. Gameplay changes are minimal, surprisingly, from what I can see.. I can't quite figure out how to do Siegfried's hellsweep that I saw in one of the vids, and it's not on the move list.

Any recommendations? Also, does anybody need anything tested? Hilde's combo has indeed been nerfed btw!

Any other first impressions?

hmm i guess try out those top tier characters and see how nerfed they are or those low tier characters to see if they got any buffs?

personally interested in Nightmare changes, hope they didn't touch him much

I'm hoping someone uploads a video of themselves going through Dampierre and Kratos' movesets, like what people did pre-sc4 release. I know everyone will have the game soon but it will give us something to watch while we wait for the U.S release..

HELLSWEEP IS BACK ? you mean like the 2nd hit of 3KK but by itself ??

Figured NM would get it over sieg :
Raph changes would be appreciated :)

I'm hoping someone uploads a video of themselves going through Dampierre and Kratos' movesets, like what people did pre-sc4 release. I know everyone will have the game soon but it will give us something to watch while we wait for the U.S release..

This would be nice TC.

if you could please. ty

And with any other new or changed moves that you know of :)

How's the new single player modes? If I buy a psp for this, I'm unlikely ever to get any other competition around here on it, though the thought of Soul Calibur on the go is very tempting.

Nightblade help your fellow MA buddy out and test Cass 236:A Justframe for alternate properties =)

Thats all, enjoy your trip to Japan!

-Idle

Nightblade help your fellow MA buddy out and test Cass 236:A Justframe for alternate properties =)

Thats all, enjoy your trip to Japan!

-Idle

I suspect it has the same recovery period/blockstun recovery timing properties that 236:B currently has, when compared to a regular 236B. Double-check 236:B and see if anything changed with it.

Ivy stance changes, I hear we can't hold B+K and A+K anymore (I'm pissed), how does the new mechanic work and how strict is it?

and is the commands for iCS and SS the same (racking my brain over how hard that's gonna be on a PSP)?

Kilik:

Does A+B, 66B, 66B still combo and hows the damage.
Hows the damage from WsB, 66B.
This one might be impossible but how is the damage from Asura JF.
Does he still have aB~B or was it changed back to aA.

In general how is Kilik's damage. Is it the same or did it get nerfed?

I am on vaca to Japan. Too many hot girls and pictures to take to be dealing with SC... kidding (except the hot girls part... ) But yeah, Danpierre is HILARIOUS. About 50% of his moveset has made me rofl. Some of the properties after certain moves are quite literally posted as (Random). So, you could fall down for a mixup (yes, he has mixup on the ground) or stay standing. Its really strange. Kratos is alright. Some of his moves are trash, but I can see him being decent at least if used carefully - kinda like how we all thought Vader was kinda crappy at first. A few moves require JF timing.

Speaking of JFs - anybody seen Danpierres JF kickkickkickkickkickkick BS from the trailer? ... I was trying to get the timing down... KaNE picks up the PSP, smashes kkkkkkkkkkk... and it works. God damn. Moving on...

I havent tested for too many people yet. All I know is, Cassys JF 236b is still quite punishable, as it should be. I know thats obvious, but like I said... limited testing with certain people. KaNE is the only other person with me... but he has little interest in playing the game other than to acquire honor so he can customize his Sophie create-a-soul. -_-; So yeah, there is no way to test. The training mode sucks hardcore. The Gauntlet mode on the other hand is AMAZING. It starts simple enough, then gets ri-goddamn-diculous. Actually, now that I think of it, I havent tried the Trial mode yet. If my hunch is correct, that probably makes up for the shitty Training mode. You cant program the CPU to do anything. It doesnt show you what moves are what when you click on them either. You gotta do em yourself. In the Trial there is Attack Trial, Defensive Trial, and Time Trial.

Hmm... what else to say... I HAVE BD AND U DONT LOLOLOL.

jk. But yea, its pretty fun so far. If you guys have PSPs, definitely invest. If not... not sure if its worth buying one for, but Im pretty sure they will have it out for PS3 etc soonish. I will post up tomorrow or if I find anything major tonight. Later!

wait a sec... I have an account here? ... hmm.

anyway,

getting honors is usual stuff. I'm not rly a hardcore player ... but if there is anything related to sophi / cass, then I can try stuff out.

~~~

sophi changes ...

I didn't really notice much. either her tracking seems worse or people's sidestepping is bigger.

236b hasn't changed afaik. 236236b's dmg got lowered. it does 40 dmg on a far hit and 50 dmg close.

236236b [far stun],236236b:4 does 95 dmg ... down from 123.

236k gives a spinning knockdown stun on normal hit ... I dont really know what to call it. anyway, 66b is free. 236236aa seems easy to ss the 2nd hit ... and I've had the 1st hit stepped as well.

bk is a mid,high nc. I honestly dont remember if she had that before lol ... I never used it if she did. anyway, it's 36 dmg.

her new guard crush move a+b+k is mid and safe? ... knocks down, nothing free I think.

I guess the biggest change is that her fast unblockable version from 3aa is gone. I never really cared for it anyway ha.

~~~

from what I can tell so far, cass hasn't changed much either... ? I haven't messed around w/ her too much yet.

I agree. Sidestep seems pretty sweet now. Did I mention Danpierre's backdash is HUGE?? I'm talking huge. Biggest I've seen in SC history... but then again I haven't tested everybody's yet. I will do so. Hmm, it may appear Sieg doesn't have the hellsweep after all. It isn't listed. I could have sworn I saw it in one of the spoiler vids or one of the trailers... maybe not?

Back