Broken Destiny Taki Changes

Updated original post. Newest findings will be at the top of each section when I update.

Few things I'm wondering:

3bK....does it not guarantee PO B_A_K or PO Rush 1BA on regular hit like it does on counter hit?

33A:B:B:B....just to confirm....they removed it from the game? So she no longer has any of the B follow-ups after 33A?

... is it just me, or does Bomb, 2A+B just not do bounce anymore? It just splats them on the ground now, and they can stand up well before B+K,B or 41236B even comes out. Nurfed?

33A:B:B:B....just to confirm....they removed it from the game? So she no longer has any of the B follow-ups after 33A?

The B follow-ups are still there, I believe Cube means that the JF version only has been removed. (either that or they changed the timing for the JF)

it would also seem that JF attacks after 2A+B, as seen in Halister's vid, no longer work. they tried it in the NM soul arena and it no longer works after his 44K. no big loss there.. lol.

i wonder if there are any tech traps after aerial-GI... either way it's not too bad for Taki if you can get guaranteed A6 afterwards. how much time is there to react with A6? there are prolly a few characters with much weaker options, and then some with much better options... Taki in the middle... again!

3bK Stun combos are still there.
(PO 236B-WS K-3bKPO-1BAPO-POB : 83damage)

Oh my goodness, nice.

4 a hits grounded now? Nicer. That's the sort of thing I was hoping for! Now if only the possession were optional.

I don't think I like this idea of it making such a huge difference if a character's FEET are on the ground. What were previously only stylistic decisions now have actual gameplay repercussions. Keeping a view to that I don't think that all the moves were designed with this in mind and I have to wonder how the balance will wind up. In 66k's case the move sucked anyways. It's not like they took something you use all the time and suddenly made it totally suck. It just stinks that the move sucks even more now. You'd figure the girl's a ninja... she should have some more control over her balance with both hands on the ground.s

I also don't like the new GI mechanic , that sends you flying if you get repelled whilst doing a 'jumping' move. Now ,the following moves get to be punished with guaranteed damage after a successful Repel:

K2
Third hit of 3KKK
33/99 K
HOVER B
PO 8K
Wind Roll B (And of course , the last hit of Wind Roll BBB)
(From far away) Wind Roll K .
BT Wind Roll K
STK K
STK B
2A+B (And of course , BT 2A+B)
66A (And third hit of WR AAA)
22/88 K (Also , both of the followups -A , Wind Roll B-)
Running K

And of course the obvious Jumping A/B/K.

So now doing those moves is A LOT riskier than before , since you can get punished by doing them only with a GI (BOOOO) ...
We should probably play the game first to see if indeed this will be a huge nerf for her game or not , but I dunno , I don't like this... it seems to really limit her playstyle.
Cube said:
33A :B:B:B is deleted
Not true. 33/99 A:B:B:B is still there and as Cabbie said , the timing is just different ... Still seems pretty useless... It does better soul damage from SC4 though ! It can soul crush in 10-11 tries .
Halister said:
there are some stun combos that if you push to a wall or edge, you can get PO A as a normal hit for free so that's 20 free damage into advantage.
Unfortunately the last PO A doesn't seem to work anymore... I tested it on Taki , Setsuka, Dampierre , Nightmare and Siegfried and all of them can block the last A.-_-
is it just me, or does Bomb, 2A+B just not do bounce anymore?
It's not you -_-
OmegaXCN said:
New combos 3bK - 1A is not guarantee
True and False at the same time . It's true that 3bK,1A is not guaranteed , but you shouldn't be doing that in the first place . Do 3bK PORC 1A instaid. It's 100% guaranteed. (48 damage)
I believe that's the most she can get from 3bK , and , NO , PO A, B, K , HO B and PORC 1BA are not guaranteed.
OmegaXCN said:
New combos 8A/9A-6K
I don't think this is a combo . The opponent can ukemi RIGHT , LEFT , BACKWARD . Nothing seems to be guaranteed after a 8A/9A.

*About A6(both versions) and 66B:A....*
First of all , A:6 JF seems easier to me. Unfortunately both versions don't 'slide ringout' as good as they did before . It seems that in general every 'slide ringout' has been nerfed in this game... so Double Bomb A6 doesn't NORMALLY ringout , unless that weird hitbox glitch happens , where A6 hits once (and sends the opponent flying)

I hardly think that 66 B:A is a nerf btw. It does 11 more damage now (from the SC4 JF version) and the only thing everyone really has to learn is the JF timing . Practice makes perfect.
There's more ... What's so great about this move , (that really , really sucked on SC4) is that IT CAN RINGOUT an AIRBORN OPPONENT now , consistenly. Dunno if it had that property on SC4 , I never could connect a 66BA on an airborn opponent there...

Anyway , that means that it connects after a normal bomb or Taki's (perhaps the only good ) new weapon 11/77K.
And it can ringout from quite a distance also!!! Try it!

I can't even begin to tell you how awesome 11/77K is , btw . Halister immediately got the idea. It's a SAFE mid , with REALLY GOOD range. (slightly better from 66B and 66A , almost on par with 4A+B/44K !!!) Anyway

11/77K A6 Wind Roll B = 61 damage
11/77K A:6 Wind Roll B = 63 damage ... (boo)
11/77K and immediately after A:6 = 31 damage (Wind Roll B is not guaranteed) . Ringout properties. Do this if behind the opponent is a low fence.
11/77K 66B:A = 53 damage with (slightly better) ringout properties.

When Taki performs a 11/77K BTW , she does a weird step forward and then hits with her kick. You can mix that up with a normal STEP FORWARD -> GRAB. So IMO her mixup game actually became better in BD . And that's freakin' sweet.

So in comparison ... is she better , or worse in this game?
Difficult to say , she received a small damage buff (like almost everybody else) , she has better RO game (still pretty shitty though) , she actually has a good SAFE mid now that has decent range , good damage/ringout potential and is i22 I believe , the new GI mechanic makes a lot of her moves RISKIER than ever before... I dunno . Perhaps she's 'same shit' heh :PPPP

Nice list of observations there Sandrock.

Just to add, I noticed that the JF of the 66 B:A is actually not that difficult with a little practice (at least not as difficult as Setsuka's B&B JF attacks). I'm not 100% certain but I seem to get the A follow up to come out most often when I press it exactly on the first frame Taki starts to withdraw her blade after the B hits her opponent.

3bK PORC 1A

Played with a bunch of mates the other day and I can confirm that this is indeed a combo. I maybe wrong but it seems that 3bK POR 7_8_9K also seem to hit if done fast enough.

Did some games with my friend just an hour ago and noticed that after 11/77K on hit followed by 1BA PO and POR/PORC can sometimes position me for BT. I caught my opponent a few times with PO B+K Not sure how reliable it is because after 1BA PO he can simply air control so I guess I need to play around with a bit more to see.

Edit: Hmm it seems it only works if the opponent tries to AC on the sides, Back AC puts him on Taki's front. The setup is also easily escapable if he rolls to the sides before standing.

Edit2: It seems PO B+K is usually the best option because after the rush, Taki is sometimes positioned a bit far from her target. Maybe Back WR K airthrow may also be a viable but not garanteed option.

Ok, spent about an hour with the game with Taki in practice mode.

4A does NOT hit grounded. It hits when opponent is in slide stun when their back is on the ground and their legs are pointed up. So 3bK PORC 4A works very well as a great set-up for possession and hover. 1A does more damage after 3bK PORC, but the set-ups that 4A lead to with the automatic PO shift can't be ignored.

A6 WR B still does more damage after bombs. You have to wait at the last possible moment, then use A6 right when they take damage from hitting the ground.

I'm pretty pleased with the Taki changes, and hopefully we can find some more stuff with her. Looks like 11_77 K and 3bK will be my new favorite weapons. They'll surely be afraid to duck Taki now!

A6 WR B still does more damage after bombs. You have to wait at the last possible moment, then use A6 right when they take damage from hitting the ground.

For the A+B Bomb, A6 WR B is indeed the best option because I can get a consistent 68 dmg compared to the air throw that yields me only 60.

For the double bomb, its probably my timing but I can only get 66-68 damage when I do the A6 WR B follow up instead of 70 for the air throw. OmegaXCN, what is the highest dmg you get when you do A6 WR B after double bomb?

For the A+B Bomb, A6 WR B is indeed the best option because I can get a consistent 68 dmg compared to the air throw that yields me only 60.

For the double bomb, its probably my timing but I can only get 66-68 damage when I do the A6 WR B follow up instead of 70 for the air throw. OmegaXCN, what is the highest dmg you get when you do A6 WR B after double bomb?

If I recall correctly, I was able to get 71-72 consistently with A6 WR B combo. Not a huge difference, but it's still more damage and you also have to consider a chance of getting a side hit with WR B. At times I was able to get damage in the 80s!

The trick is really the timing with your A6. You have to wait at the last possible moment, right when your opponent takes damage from hitting the ground. That's when you A6.

It was only about an hour of practice mode on my friend's PSP, but I did determine that the A6 WR B combo does indeed do more damage than stalker drop.

If I recall correctly, I was able to get 71-72 consistently with A6 WR B combo. Not a huge difference, but it's still more damage and you also have to consider a chance of getting a side hit with WR B. At times I was able to get damage in the 80s!

Thanks. I finally getting it half of a time, a semi-consistent 71, most of the time the most I got was 68. I did get 79 twice but could not replicate it. I wonder what are the conditions to pull it off.

11_77K -> A6 -> 66B:A

Whats the timing here? I really cant get 66B:A to connect.

Taki :A::A: now -11 on block

Taki :A::A: , Yoshi :A::A: , Xianghua :A::A: , Amy :6::B: and any frame i11 can hit Taki .

sorry for Taki player .

Back