BT setups

Halister

[09] Warrior
Ok, we all know that Taki in BT is a beast....
BT A+B = really good into damaging juggle
BT 2K good low - leads into 6K for damage or 6A+B for get up launch setup (no, they can't tech out, but they can roll on the ground).... FC 1A+B, 2K seems to work as a combo as well after the BT 2K
BT 2B PO is good in that it hits grounded and goes into PO(wonder if that frame data on the wiki is correct and BT 2B PO is +10 on block - I personally think there is a typo there... actually there is something really off about all the PO shift data on the wiki)

All of Taki's BT mids and highs are safe (some like BT A are only -2 on block)
Don't forget that you can also throw from back turned.... (great mixup with BT A+B)

the problem we all have is that we can't get into back turned effectively to force her great BT mixup game, well here are a few ways I've discovered that can get you into BT (some are easier and faster than others)

22_88 A - on hit this leaves you in BT - too many people go for the BT A+B here, forgetting BT throw

4A+B,B ; BT 2A+B - if you input your move just as Taki hits the ground from the BT 2A+B you can do a BT move from off the ground (see Takitech 4 vid and the JF combo I posted)

A+B ; A6 WR ; 9G - if they tech forward or to the left or right, you get left in BT, if not, you just jump at them as they tech back and can start attacking again (hitting A+B after the 9G will either get you BT A+B or just standing A+B, both very safe on block)

6A+B ; A6 WR ; 9G - same as above

A+B ; 44KK ; G ; A+K - the kick flip will move you really far away. If you hit G, you will turn around and then A+K to stalker toward them and be left BT (this one is very impractical)

6A+B ; 44KK ; G ; A+K - same as above

44K ; A6 ; 9G - the A6 crumple stun will drop them to the ground and the 9G will always jump over them to leave you BT (very useful - now to find places where you get guaranteed 44K)

CH 6A ; A6 ; 9G - again, anytime you can connect with A6 while they are stunned allows you to jump over them for BT madness.

PO K ; A6 ; 9G - again like before, we need a way so that they don't tech out of the stun before the A6 hits (may work best when just randomly throwing PO K out from PO step)

Throw (Any) ; 4A+K - Have you noticed how hard it is to hit people on the ground after a throw now that 2B has been changed? Well, 4A+K after any of her throws will jump over them and leave Taki BT for more mixups as they get up - if they like to stay down, BT 2B will hit them... if they get up, you get all your BT mixups to use.

WR BKB ; A+K_ 2_8A+K - they can't tech up after they get slammed into the ground. Any of the stalkers will move Taki into a position where she will be BT after she lands

Hope this helps people with coming up with ideas.... I'd love to hear more ways of getting into BT

JF combo

PO B on hit, 9G gets you BT if they roll to the side.

4KK in a combo sounds awkward... gonna have to try that.

Sorry, that was a Typo.... it should be 44KK

Unfortunately there's nothing after PO B that keeps them from just teching back.... Sure 9G gets you BT if they tech to the side, but there's no reason to force that...

Hmmm, wonder after A6 WR if you 9G will you jump far enough forward to get into BT if they tech to the side (cause they have to do so to avoid WR BKB in the tech trap) will have to test that... or have someone else test it...

i'm pretty sure a running 33K will catch them if they roll backwards, since PO B doesn't allow them to tech. people roll to the side alot against me.. :shrugs:

my god, i don't know what was going through my head. maybe i shouldn't post about SC when i'm playing Tekken, LOL.

Great thread Halister. Taki in BT is too good.

22_88 A is probably the most effective way to get her into BT. Helps that 22_88 A is already a solid move in its own right.

I'd rather go for the full damage combo that comes from ninja bombs more than anything, but ninja bomb A6 WR into 9G into BT mix-up can pay off huge for the cost of not getting the damage from the normal WR B combo ender.

Jumping over a grounded opponent for BT mix-up is so fun xD

If they stay down after a 9A and eat FC 1A+B, 44K/44KK tech traps all directions. Rare case but still...

If you get 3bK to juggle, for examle after a BT A+B or CH 11_77K, you can POR under the opponent which also leaves you in BT PO or you can PORC into BT. I think they can AC so that you don't get BT though.
An i think the same goes for 3KK WR/3KK WR PO. Although this is kinda tricky to land for example after 22_88B where it doesn't hit Mitsu and maybe other characters.
And both 3bK PORC and 3KK WR maybe wasteful in a juggle since you trade damage for something that may get you into BT...

speaking of 44K tech traps...

don't forget that A+B, A6 at a certain height will make 44K a tech tram if they try to tech up... leaving you to another A6 after the 44K hits and then you can 9G for BT setups

Actually A:6 WR G9 works it leaves you in BT as long as they don't tech.
A:6 G9 doesn't work.
By the way BT 2K WS B seems to be a combo.

Wonder if that frame data on the wiki is correct and BT 2B PO is +10 on block - I personally think there is a typo there... actually there is something really off about all the PO shift data on the wiki.

All the frame data on the wiki for her possession shifts are fucked up. AB PO = +14 on block and +21 on hit!?

I wish!

As for BT 2B PO, it's just barely better than BBB PO (read: shitty). I'd rather go for BT A+B/throw/2K mix-up.

Well, the one thing about BT 2B PO that is useful is that it's a single hit into PO instead of a string and is harder to react to

and it hits grounded. sometimes i end up backwards after trading hits with WS K... BT PO 2B is not a bad option here.

Hi.
I may help here...

I found a way to be BT, it's risky but...
POR,1A+B (on hit, or guard) will leave Taki BT (after a roll).
i thought it wasn't working everytime, but now i think that, when it's not working it's because i do PORC,1A+B by mistake.

and hmm... another way to be BT i didn't see here:
when Taki is on the ground ((on the Stomach, head far to the enemy, after a BT,2A+B for exemple)), if you do 8_2B+K, she will WR and stand BT (you can still do 8_2B+K,236 to be on BT,PO), in fact when you are on the ground like that, you are already in BT. So 2K or 2B,214... work too (but not A+B).
(edit : sry Halister told about that already)

another one... after CH WS K , 66A will leave Taki BT also... but lol... after a WS K on CH... it's not the best option :p

hope you will find that interesting, even it's risky and not so usefull.

(and sry for my english :s )

I think the pseudo BT fog blanket out of PORC (214, 66, 1A+B) is Taki' most unsafe attack.
On Block it's actually punishable with 4A+B, B, and even 6A+B.

yeah you right, like i said on the other thread, on block you will be punish for sure. (maybe not the 1st time... i think the opponents can be surprise about the inverse roll).

anyway... if you want to try with less risk, the only way i found, is to do it after CH 3bK,PO or CH 1BA,PO.
I tried with the CPU, and it seem, if you'r fast enough, the opponent can't avoid it even with tech right or left...
(edit: it's not working with every characters, Taki can evade both side... nightmare only with right tech, etc...)

but of course, we shouldn't use this move... or just when you feel it, maybe.

Back