[Buffalo, NY] How'd we get to be so S-RANK?

Alright new thread, discuss meaningful things...

go!

#1 most active community in gaming.

whatcha gonna do?

cha cha

Hey guys, ggs last night, too bad now I'm sick as hell. I trust everyone got home safe last night? At least when I was driving home the fog was thick the entire ride back. It was pretty damn dangerous.

im asumming on the 31st no games?? since its New Years eve..?? i will be out of town for that day/night... sooo maybe wed.night possibly?

For anyone who was interested in going to Final Round, they are not allowing you to bind a 3P/3K button in tournament play. As a result, I am not going for sure.

Eh, I think that's fair. It's essentially the same as playing in an arcade. Just gotta learn some technique.

I don't even use the two far right buttons on my stick. Thinking of setting up a switch to disable them...

Re: Jug. Since I forgot my stick on the rush out the door this morning, I'll have to come back home anyway. So yeah, I can give you a ride.

Might be alright to those who play on stick, sure....but pad players? I dunno how many of them actually press all three buttons when playing...seems very awkward on pad to me.

Ok, I'm hoping somebody can help me.
Who can take apart and repair Xbox 360s?
Anyway, my usb port broke and now my console won't even turn on, instead I'm getting a blinking light on my power supply. If anyone can help me out with this issue that would be wonderful. Thank you.

They could be arcade snobs.

Which is fine by me. :p Get on stick ya bitches!

But considering that it's accepted even by west coast arcade snobs... I don't see how they could get away with being that way in Atlanta. But hey, whatever...

"Button shouldering" will NOT be allowed in the following games:

All Capcom 2d fighters, and all SNK fighters

Capcom games that are on consoles will have only the following inputs allowed on your controller/joystick and they are:

1. Jab punch = light punch
2. Strong punch = medium punch
3. Fierce punch = hard punch
4. Short kick = light kick
5. Forward kick = medium kick
6. Roundhouse kick = hard punch
7. DEFAULT 3 PUNCHES
8. DEFAULT 3 KICKS

DEFAULT 3-Punches and 3-Kicks ARE allowed in tournament play for SF4 and HD Remix. Any other macros are BANNED and will get you tHrown out of the game for cheating. That means no throw button bound to 1 button (lp+lk), no taunt button (hp+hk), and no focus attck button (mp+mk)

This goes for the following games:

Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter II HD Remix

For anyone who was interested in going to Final Round, they are not allowing you to bind a 3P/3K button in tournament play. As a result, I am not going for sure.

3p/3k is bound by default, I don't see how they can rule that out.

Tony once celes gets the barcade rolling theres no 3p/k buttons at all. soo i would suggest to start using the 6 only same with your brother lol. i the only time i use 3p/k is for ex hado fadc ultra.

Chris the guy said specifically he wants the players to disable them because he wants the arcade experience even playing on console.

EDIT nice find phil. lol

i don't see them saying it's not allowed esp all the pad players really can't hit ultra that well without the 3p / 3k. if the website says what phil posted i'm sure the thread will be edited as well.

i on the other hand don't have the 3p / 3k buttons sooo i'm just that much cooler already. ^___^ i won't be going to final round anyway.

in other news, tony p's balrog is pretty nasty, watch out.

nunie! you wouldn't miss us half as much had you come down to NEC! epic fail! haha hope to see you again soon.... someday... maybe? definitely wanna play you again. and hope you had happy holidays.

This sounds a lot more accurate, and in line with many tourney rules. Tekken doesn't allow anything outside of the default button maps either, I disagree with the rule entirely but at least this sounds more like most normal tourney rules.

Ask ahead of time if you're unsure, I guess. It'd be cool to see how Jug does at another major, if he's making it.

DOUBLE POST:

I know a lot of you guys don't know Jon, but read the above post. His ek bok done broked and we gotta get that shit fixed somehow, preferably without paying 125 bucks to mail it back to Microsoft. If anyone knows how, or knows a guy who knows a guy, let us know.

Ok, I'm hoping somebody can help me.
Who can take apart and repair Xbox 360s?
Anyway, my usb port broke and now my console won't even turn on, instead I'm getting a blinking light on my power supply. If anyone can help me out with this issue that would be wonderful. Thank you.

when the power supply light is like that. usually it means something's wrong with your power brick [ you should know what i'm referring to here haha ]. i would look into getting a replacement. i don't think it's likely just b/c one of the usb ports broke that it would break the whole system..

how'd the usb port break anyway? did you drop it? that could definitely fuck up the entire system for sure O;

when the power supply light is like that. usually it means something's wrong with your power brick [ you should know what i'm referring to here haha ]. i would look into getting a replacement. i don't think it's likely just b/c one of the usb ports broke that it would break the whole system..

how'd the usb port break anyway? did you drop it? that could definitely fuck up the entire system for sure O;

How did I break it? Well, it just so happend to be one of my rare idiot moments where I accidentally plugged the usb into the port upside down and instead of stopping and wondering why it's not going in, I just decided it needed to be shoved in there harder, thus breaking the inside of the port when I unplugged the usb from the port.

But I called the xbox helpline and they said that I should ship the system to them for repairs and that I will be billed about $125 because this isn't covered under warranty.

Now I know Brian H mods 360s or at least he knows people. If he can help me out that would be great.

Back