C2A tips?

HogisGuy

[12] Conqueror
If there's one mistake i keep repeating, it's doing the C3A outside combos and punishes too often. It gets JG'ed, i get punished and i deserve it. So i'm trying to learn to only charge up to C2A but as soon as i charge up, i keep charging and won't let go until i'm in reach of my opponent. (Note: I play with an arcadestick) I'm to scared to press down "G", let go of "A" and press it down again to recharge if my opponent were to attack at that moment.

Are there any tips for this? I'd appreciate it.

I've picked up Hilde rather recently, so I'd take my advice with an entire can of salt. What about finding a rythm to using certain moves that allow you to charge straight C2A, things like 88_22K, backstep into C2A, or taunt mindgames.
About recharging, what about aG? if you don't want to hold G to let go of A.
I'm trying to work with the knowledge that's been used against me via RndmceRome

I've picked up Hilde rather recently, so I'd take my advice with an entire can of salt. What about finding a rythm to using certain moves that allow you to charge straight C2A, things like 88_22K, backstep into C2A, or taunt mindgames.
About recharging, what about aG? if you don't want to hold G to let go of A.
I'm trying to work with the knowledge that's been used against me via RndmceRome

Well i'm gonna work on it and keep practicing. Thanks.

Advice: You can release A during a buffer window to get an earlier charge than if you let go when it "feels" like you can attack again. This is really noticable when you try to c2a after doing ch 6akb. Try pressing 6[a]kb and then release it earlier than you initially think you should. The buffer window will take over and you should get an earlier charge (c2a) instead of a later charge (c3a).

Once you grasp that concept it makes using charges in many situations easier to grasp.

Back