Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Hot_ArmS

[08] Mercenary
Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_3_box_art.png

Game Information:
Developer(s) | Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software, Treyarch (Wii version), n-Space (Nintendo DS version)
Publisher(s) | Activision, Square Enix (Japan version)
Platforms(s) | Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Windows PC and Nintendo DS
Genre | First Person Shooter
Release Dates | November 8th, 2011
MSRP | Standard Edition: $59.99, Hardened Edition: $79.99, Prestige Edition: $149.99

Boxart:

Standard Edition:
boxart.jpg

Hardened Edition:
MW3Hardened.jpg

Contents:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game with unique disc art.
- One year of membership in Call of Duty Elite (Includes future MW3 downloadable game content, such as map packs, new game modes, new spec ops missions etc.)
- Special “Founder status” on Elite, includes exclusive in-game emblem, player card, camouflage, clan XP boost and other exclusive benefits.
- Premium Collectable SteelBook case.
- Exclusive PlayStation Network “Animated Timeline Theme.”
- Exclusive Special Ops Juggernaut Xbox Live Outfit.
- Limited-edition Field Journal with more than 100 pages of “authentic military sketches, diagrams and written entries.”

Prestige Edition:

N/A

Achievements and Trophies:

N/A

Patches/Updates:

The teams have also revealed that to fix bugs and glitches, they will not use full updates but instead Treyarch's hot fix system to fix problems much quicker.

Overall Game Features:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MW3

Single Player Campaign

Cooperative

Multiplayer:

Confirmed Perks List:

Perks are once again in 3 Slots and will all be unlocked at different levels. (Pro Variants are listed in the Brackets.)

Tier 1:

Extreme Conditioning - Sprint Longer Distances (Climb obstacles faster)
Sleight of Hand - Faster reloading (Faster weapon swapping)
Scavenger - Unknown but most likely the same as the MW2 perk. (???)
Blind Eye - Undetectable by air support and sentries. (Launches lock on faster, extra damage to support and sentries)
Recon - Explosive damage shows targets on minimap. (Bullet damage shows targets)

Tier 2:

Hardline - One less for killstreak. (2 Assists count as one kill towards streak and 1 less death required for death streaks)
Assassin - Immune to UAV, Portable radar, thermal and heartbeat. (Immune to Counter UAV and EMP and no red cross hairs)
Overkill - Let's you have two attachments on your primary weapon. (Let's you have two attachments on your secondary weapon.)
Quickdraw - Faster ADS (Faster recovery from equipment and nade usage)
Blast Shield - Increased explosive resistance (Immune to stuns and flashes)

Tier 3:

Marksmen - ID targets from long range. (Longer breath holding)
Sitrep - Detect enemy explosives. (Hear footsteps louder)
Dead Silence - Unknown but most likely the same as the perk from CoD4 or the ninja perk from MW2. (???)
Stalker - Faster movement while ADS. (Delay enemy claymores)
Steady Aim - Improved hipfire accuracy. (Faster ADS after sprinting)

Death streaks will also make a return:

4 Deaths - Juiced - Faster sprinting for a short period when respawned
5 Deaths - Revenge - Reveals the position of the enemy who killed you at all times
4 Deaths - Final Stand
4 Deaths - Martyrdom
5 Deaths - Deadman's Hand (Strap C4 explosives to yourself and blow yourself up)
5 Deaths - Hollow Points

Weapons:

Primary Weapons

Assault Rifles

M4A1
M16A4
SCAR-L
CM901
Type 95
G36c
ACR 6.8
MK14
AK-47
FAD

LMGs

L86 LSW
MG36
PKP Pecheneg
MK46
M60E4

Shotguns

USAS 12
KSG 12
SPAS 12
Striker
Model 1887

Submachine guns

MP5
UMP
PP90M1
P90
PM-9
MP7

Sniper Rifles

Barrett .50 Cal
L118A
Dragunov
AS50
RSASS
MSR

Secondary Weapons

Pistols

USP .45
P99
MP412
.44 Magnum
Five Seven
Desert Eagle

Machine pistols

FMG9
MP9
Scorpion
G18

Launchers

SMAW
Javelin
Stinger
XM25
M320 GLM
RPG

Multiplayer Maps:

- Alpha
- Alps
- Bootleg
- Bravo
- Brooklyn
- Carbon
- Coast
- Dome
- Exchange
- Hardhat
- Interchange
- Lambeth
- Meteora
- Mogadishu
- Paris
- Plaza 2
- Radar
- Seatown
- Underground
- Village

Spec Ops Modes:

Survival

- Carbon
- Dome
- Radar
- Seatown
- Village

Mission

- Civilian Rescue
- Flood the Market
- Invisible Threat
- Little Bro's
- Out of Africa
- No Fly Zone
- Wing Man

Videos:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - America Teaser

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - England Teaser

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Germany Teaser

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - France Teaser

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - E3 2011: Gameplay Demo

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - E3 2011: NYC Gameplay Demo 1

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - E3 2011: NYC Gameplay Demo 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Survival Trailer

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Multiplayer Reveal Trailer
(NEW!!!)

Websites:

http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo
http://www.facebook.com/MW3
www.joystiq.com
www.kotaku.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDUTY

http://www.callofduty.com/elite

(Read about it here: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/03/call-of-duty-elite-qanda-we-ask-activision-to-clear-up-some-of-th/

http://kotaku.com/5808484/activision-on-call-of-duty-elite-even-haters-can-play-for-free)

Please note that you do not need an 'Elite' subscription to play the game online or to purchase the DLC/map packs. Most of the 'Elite' features will be free (i.e. stat tracking, videos, heat maps etc.) but a few will be a paid feature. It will be $49.99 a year.

Note: All credit goes to their respected owner(s), I do not take any credit for any of the above information/images/videos etc. This thread is a work in progress and will be updated on a frequent basis.

is there combat training in this game like in black ops? cus i kinda like to kick robot ass and not always get my ass kicked by these INTENSE other players

that hasn't been confirmed yet, I dont think they haven't even said yet either if there's going to be theater mode =(

What's confirmed though are these:
- No deathstreaks
- No commando, danger close, or one man army
- Dedicated Servers.....for PC only =(

i hope there is, theater mode too. I dont remember but im pretty sure if there were deathstreaks in MW2 then there probably will be in this one. idk bout those others you mentioned and i dont play PC so...:(

Nah its already been confirmed by the developers that deathstreaks won't be in MW3. They messed up alot in MW2 so theyre trying to get rid of all the "brokenness" or bs from there, which deathstreaks (painkiller) kinda are.

Nice. You are really into CoD aren't you? Thanks a lot for posting this.

yep haha its the game I've been playing the most for about a year now, its really fun especially with a full party. And you're welcome, I'll update the OP whenever necessary.

Which platform do you play on? (Im assuming you play(ed) a bit of CoD since you posted here)

Which platform do you play on? (Im assuming you play(ed) a bit of CoD since you posted here)
Yes, I have Black Ops and MW2 on the PS3.

(Hence why I have my PSN underneath my name to the left :) ).

It doesn't seem to be broken at all, in fact, it looks to be even better than Black Ops. Black Ops has too much overused stuff (Sleight Of Hand, Famas, Ghost)

In MW2 and in the original Modern Warfare, you basically see every type of weapon in Multiplayer, I see that as an incredible thing, more variety = more balanced. Hate me if you will, but at least it looks better than SOH everything in Black Ops...

Wait this isn't Battlefield 3. Sorry I only play games by developers who understand balance and give a shit about their community. I'm not bitter (I bought MW2 for PC...we didn't get fucked raw or anything...nooooooo)

Treyarch did a good job with constant patching and fixing black ops so I hope IW learns from them. I also agree soh is overused, primarily because of the faster reload + ads combo. I had theory crafted that soh won't be used as much if those two were separated, and I saw an unofficial perk list for mw3 that did just that soo hope it's true

This is the unofficial perk list for MW3

Perk slot 1
Extreme conditioning: Spring longer distances (climb obstacles faster)
Sleight of Hand: faster reload (faster weapon swapping)
Scavenger: reload ammo from bags (more ammo to start)
Blind Eye undetectable to air support (launchers lock on faster, extra damage to support)
Recon: Explosive damage paints targets on minimap (Bullet damage paints targets on minimap)
Perk slot 2
Hardline: 1 less kill for killstreak (2 assists count as 1 kill for killstreak)
Assassin: immune to UAV portable radar, thermal Hbeat (Immune to CUAV and EMP)
Overkill: 2 primaries (2nd primary can be equipped with 2 attachments)
Quickdraw: Faster ADS (Fast recovery from equipment and nade use)
Blast shield: Flak Jacket (Immune to stuns and flashes)
Perk slot 3:
Sitrep: Hacker (Hear footsteps better)
Dead silence: Ninja (no fall damage)
Stalker: Faster movement while ADS (delay claymores)
Marksman: ID target from long range (longer hold breath time)
Steady aim: hip fire accuracy (fast ADS while sprinting)

Black Ops has too much overused stuff (Sleight Of Hand, Famas, Ghost)
^ This. i am SOOOOO freaking tired of seeing this. to add to that list:

WARNING - GIANT RANTING WALL OF TEXT

Galil suppressor - this seems to be standard issue online now...
AK47/Commando supressor - just another alternative to the galil
AK74u - seems to be a clan favorite...
L96A1 - 1 of the only 2 snipers anybody ever uses, the other being the psg
SPAS-12 suppressor - i just don't like this gun period. probably the only gun i actually dont like.
spectre rapid fire - the only bullet hose i ever see. seems like even the mpl went outta style.

does anybody use anything other than this? UGH! it's not that i have a hatred for any of these weapons at all, its just i'm so tired of seeing the same guns OVER and OVER again. why can't you pick the gun YOU like instead of picking the gun because every1 else uses it...>.< GRR!!!

another thing i didn't quite like about black ops was that there wasn't really much of a difference between the guns at all. i'm not going to really make a big thing about the realism - its CoD, if i wanted a realistic shooter, this wouldn't be it for me. there wasnt hardly even any variation in gun design in Black ops. for example:

Most AR's in black ops have a fire rate of 750 RPM and kill in 3-4 shots outside of hardcore mode. the exceptions are the aug and the famas, which fire at roughly 940RPM, and the burst firing/semi auto rifles, which obviously don't fire full auto, but tend to kill in 1-2 shots/bursts. and because of this, all AR's pretty much handle the same, even though they have their own unique kick direction (Galil kicks right, AK kicks up)

Most SMG's have a fire rate of 750 or 940RPM. they all kill in 3-5 shots. the only real weapons that even stand out in this category are the AK 74u, the skorpion and the uzi. AK 74u because its a mini assault rifle, and handles alright at mid range. skorpion because its incredibly accurate, and kills in 2 shots within effective range, and the uzi because it's very difficult to control when aiming down the sights.

ALL of the shotguns have the same range, and do the same damage. the only differences are clip size, fire rate and attachments. no wonder people only use the spas.

And well all the LMG's are unique, but sadly i'm alone in my plight since i seem to be the only guy that uses them. HOWEVER what i love about the lmg's is the fact that they aren't just a rehashed version of the same gun, although they do all kill in 3 shots:

HK21 - the basic lmg. pretty accurate, but nothing special about it. good solid gun with no particularily strong kick

RPK - good solid smg that bucks straight up, but has great horizontal control. has a selection of attachments unique to this particular lmg, and has the unique attribute of getting a substantial increase in accuracy when firing from prone position.

M60 - the big gun that fire's big bullets and lots of em. bucks around alot if fired full auto, and has a somewhat low rate of fire (535rpm) but its the only LMG that can kill in 2 shots at mid range.

Stoner - think of it as a really, REALLY big assault rifle, and thats exactly how it handles. substantial fire rate (940 RPM) makes it good for CQC, and its quicker to aim than all the other LMG's. not bad in the accuracy department either, despite being a bullet hose.

And all the snipers were different too. sadly however only the psg and l96 are used because they kill in one shot. people who use those guns are also the biggest source of complaint about perks like second chance. to those guys i say if you got the headshot in the 1st place, you wouldn't have to waste another bullet. 2nd you dont see me complaining about how unrealistic it is to see a guy running around in close quarters with a sniper rifle quick scoping people. now, as my analysis continues:

Dragonov - your basic sniper. fair amount of kick, but nothing excessive. kills in 2 body shots.
WA2000 - an incredibly accurate sniper. this thing can go toe to toe with a battle rifle like the m14 or FN FAL and win. however nobody uses it because it kills in 2 body shots, not 1.
L96A1 - probably the most overused sniper in all of black ops. a bolt action rifle that kills in 1 body shot. its a shame too, i really like bolt action rifles, like the mosin nagant. they just have that certain charm to them, this gun not included...
PSG - same as the l96, semi auto. handles like a dragonov, but with nearly uncontrollable kick if fired quickly.

I realize this isn't WAW, but the game needs more bolt action rifles. and instead of having all this silly nonsense of quick scoping, why not just include the ability to have iron sights as an attachment. i'd love to take a scopeless bolt action rifle into combat for mid-long range, even if just for the novelty.

pistols are basically all the exactly the same gun with the exception of the python, which kills in 2 shots and is the quickest pistol to draw (they musta been thinkin of the wild west when they made this gun ;) ). there are no differences in damage or anything, just attachments and clip size. the exception being the ASP, which reloads and fires the fastest out of all pistols. i would definately like to see more variation here.

special weapons - there's only 2, and they're both unique. however, there's not much too the crossbow or the ballistic knife. no detail or nothin. i couldn't even put a scope or an acog on my crossbow if i wanted too...

The game needs to increase variation in all of these areas. not all AR's and smg's fire the same. AR's can fire on average from anywhere between 500RPM to 900RPM on the extreme end, lets see that reflect in the weapons. same with SMG's. can't really compain about the stopping power since a bullet kills in one shot. if nothing else i'd at least like to see the incorporation of fire selectors.

now onto the perks:

Blue perks - all of these are extremely useful and powerful, as they should be, being tier one perks. and i love all of these perks with the exception of ghost...

i can understand the invisibility to spy planes and attack helicopters, but to a sentry gun? whats up with that? also whats the deal with invisibility to infrared scopes? and yet you can spot people using ghost on a blackbird, which also uses infrared? doesn't anybody see something wrong with that? or is it just me? other than that i pretty much just hate this perk because it's overused. but don't get me wrong, its a great perk.

Yellow perks - there are a few useless and situational perks in this category. they're not bad, but they could use some remodeling:

Sleight of Hand is probably the most overpowered perk in this category. wonderful perk, reload crazy fast, and aim faster. could probably be broken up into 2 seperate perks tbh, but this is one of the best perks in the game. extremely overused though...i even use it myself sometimes...=/

hardened - good, solid tier 2 perk. helps kill guys who like to take cover. the bullet penetration is noticable, but the pro version of this perk needs improvement, as the reduction to flinching from bullet stun isn't nearly enough to be effective. maybe give it the quick aiming from sleight of hand or something instead.

warlord - self explanitory. need more ammo and wanna be stealthy? wanna spam grenades? this is your perk.

steady aim - not a very useful perk, since most weapons are accurate enough at ranges where you would spray them down the hip anyways. pretty much, this is out there for that special some1 who likes the balistic knife, and thats it.

scout - probably the most useless perk in the game. not even all that special or useful in sniping(i don't see why you'd need to hold your breath for THAT long to get an accurate shot off.) pro version lets u switch weapons faster. big deal.

green perks - these are all useful and beneficial. they can protect you from breaching, help u with breaching, and they can provide that little bit of defense against quick scopers.

explosives - this was done ok i guess...but it needed a bit more thought imo:

c4 - this stuff is pretty stable. it doesnt explode due to gunshot, and it's flame resistant. yet u can blow it up with bullets in CoD. also, who the hell runs around throwing C4 at people?

claymores - 1) they're severely underpowered. 2) i really doubt that a claymore mine is able to distinguish between friendlies and enemies...

even if you did survive, wouldnt the shock of an explosion knock you off your feet?

please, PLEASE use real WWII weapons in WWII zombies maps...dont give us fake counterparts with a handful of real WWII guns...

and after adressing everywhere that in my opinion black ops had its short comings, i'll finish it off with the fact that trey arc needs to improve their netcode, or their servers, to reduce lag. it's a fairly noticable thing, even in a shooter(and especially while sniping and knifing)

now with all that said. black ops was still a meh ok game. trey arc did a good job of fixing all of the major things that really needed to be fixed, and the game its self is fairly entertaining at times. even the campaign wasn't too bad, it had some good moments despite being kinda linear. but its a shooter, not an rpg, so i guess i have to be satisfied with it.

hopefully MW3 will prove to be a shooter that contains a bit more variety than black ops tho...and bring back co-op campaign!

People use the same guns because most of the weapons in each category are incredibly similar, except one is just better. This is what happens when a game has a kill time of 3 bullets, where the gun that takes less bullets to kill and is more accurate than the others is the most important. Why would I ever use a sniper that kills in 2 bullets when there is a sniper that kills in one? I guess if I like to lose...

Back