Can someone here read info on game disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be mistaken but I think you need a special type of dvd drive if you wanna read from xbox 360 dvds. In the case of PS3, I'm not sure if it's hard to read a PS3 bluray disc to PC. Easiest solution is if you have a modded 360/PS3 as then you can use homebrew tools for copying files from disc to a harddrive.

I thought PS3 blue ray discs could be dumped by any blue ray drive.

360 stuff... I think you're right about needing a special drive. There is a game data extractor for "installed" games on the 360, I think. That would be good enough to try to dig out assets. I was pretty sure you can do the same thing on the PS3, but if you can just dump the disc from a normal drive then this option didn't seem worth mentioning.

Either way, if you have a modded 360 or PS3, you can dig through the files right from the console.

I just remembered. I did use a tool requiring the "other OS" feature of the PS3 (a feature which is now gone) to copy a bluray from the PS3 to my PC. And I was able to get all the files onto the PC, but I ran into a rather big problem: every file was encrypted. I'm not sure how to get around that, and I imagine you'd get the same problem by using a bluray drive in your PC.

There's apparently a pretty simple way of getting xbox 360 game disc files over to the PC, as long as you got a USB stick/drive which is at least 8gb. It requires quite a few steps though.

-Plug in a usb device which is at least 8gb to your 360. (note, when using the usb device on the 360, the 360 will format it, so make sure nothing important is on it)
-Install the game to the usb device.
-Plug in the usb device to your computer.
-Use this program to explore the contents of the usb device and extract the installed data: http://digiex.net/downloads/downloa.../apps-pc/4098-best-version-xtaf-explorer.html
-Use this program to convert the installed data into an 360 iso: http://digiex.net/downloads/downloa...2iso-xbox-360-games-demand-iso-converter.html
-Use this program for extracting any files from the 360 iso: http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/iriez/xbc.v2.9.0.306.rar

And there you go. A bit fiddly, but far more viable than getting a specific dvd drive and flashing it.

If anyone has the game already and is wiling to do the above process, send me a PM. I wouldn't mind taking a look at some of the game files.

If I had a dump of the disc, sure, I could look for it. But since that would require FW 3.15 (I think), I am unable to extract the data using the method noted above, and in any case, the eboot and other data would most likely be signed with 4.0 private keys. I'll scan through the file structure of the Xbox360 version however, which is as noted above again, easier to dump. I'll see what I can find in the 'usual places'. If anyone dumps it and runs into problems, just give me a PM.

Holy shit a thread of people arguing with Enkindu? Made it about 5 posts in, just stoppin by to let any newcomers know that y'all fuckin up lol. Wastin your time here. Move along.

No, here we don't. I will not derail the thread and never intended to.

I will stay out of this thread if it causes it to be derailed... as long as no more condescending, assholish replies are thrown my way due to someone's clearly misdirected frustration with Namco's game decisions.

I'm sincerely hoping that someone (maybe Oofmatic) could oblige the thread creator's request. So from this moment on, I'm out. But I'm wishing for this to be successful since several people might really want to know this information.

So farewell and good luck.

obvious troll is obvious

Sectus and Offmatic know about this for sure. I think that dee4doa is into hacking too, but he barely comes here.

EDIT: I think you should take this to PM's and nuke the thread, like with past game mods.

I've modded SC4 a whole lot, so this is something I should be able to figure out shortly after getting the game. Well, unless they drastically changed all file formats since SC4.
They probably have since from SCII-III they used OLK format and since that was cracked then they changed to XBD.

Now thats cracked too so I think they will pull a DOA2 PS2 TECMO which would mean a very compressed .BIN file is in order :(

Since i'v been modding fighting games for 5 years, i'l give it a shot LOL :)

I would laugh if they used AFS format since that shit is so easy to extract models/game data etc. But since they were rushing it for release, it's possible there is no compression or security formats in place to stop people getting to the models xD

They probably have since from SCII-III they used OLK format and since that was cracked then they changed to XBD.

Now thats cracked too so I think they will pull a DOA2 PS2 TECMO which would mean a very compressed .BIN file is in order :(

Since i'v been modding fighting games for 5 years, i'l give it a shot LOL :)

I would laugh if they used AFS format since that shit is so easy to extract models/game data etc. But since they were rushing it for release, it's possible there is no compression or security formats in place to stop people getting to the models xD
XBD? You're talking about the xbox specific compression system? I got a feeling they changed to that since it's efficient. As long as you get everything decompressed (and the game is okay with loading decompressed files. heck, it's even okay with the majority of files missing!), I'd say SC4 is even easier to mod than the previous games in the series.

I'm hoping and expecting they actually didn't change anything from SC4. I don't think they follow the modding scene that closely, and I'm not sure if they even would care if they did. If they're gonna make any kind of modding harder I think it'll be the savegame hacking, as that's possible on a normal nonmodded 360 and you can even play online with a hacked savegame.

I can remember how Tecmo went nuts with one of the Dead or Alive games being modded. I can't remember the specifics, but I can remember a site called ninjahacker where the owners of the site got sued (not sure if that went anywhere) because someone made a nude mod for one of the Dead or Alive games and posted it on that site. Hopefully Namco aren't as bonkers as that. It's weird Tecmo reacted so strongly. Maybe they should go take a look at what's sold in the doujin scene in Japan using their IPs.

I remember the NinjaHacker days.

People were hacking DoA3 and SC2 to make custom skins.

Tecmo got mad and sued.

What did Namco do?

They released SC3 and included character creation, eliminating the need for people to hack the game to create customized characters.

Okay, I've had a chance to look at some files on the disc. Unfortunately, there's not really anything exciting to tell.

They've changed the file structure quite drastically. Gone is the xbox compression system used for SC4, and now everything are in big container files. It's called CPK and it's apparently used in many other games. It's possible to extract files, but some info is lost, like the filenames for anything. Which makes it a pain to find stuff, and as far as I know, there's no way to replace files with modified ones, which limits modding greatly. Savegame hacking might still be possible, but I can't look into that.

Anyway, now for some actual information:

-In the executable there's a list of strings of names as they're referenced by some of the code. The new characters added since SC:BD are (as written in the file and in the order they appear):
ZWEI
VIOLA
PYRRHA
EVIL PYRRHA
PATROCLUS
TRUTH PATROCLUS
NATSU
XIBA
LEIXIA
AEON
YOSHIMITSU2
ELYSIUM
MASTER KILIK
BOSS ASTAROTH
BOSS CERVANTES
BOSS NIGHTMARE
DEVIL JIN
GUEST1
GUEST2

The most interesting thing is that Ezio isn't mentioned by name, and instead there's 2 guest slots. I guess they considered having another guest at some point?

-Looking through character select screen textures, there's all the obvious characters. The known roster and of course Dampierre. There's no other characters waiting for an unlock key. I can't go through movesets, but I'm willing to bet there's nothing hidden there.

-This mysterious texture with Japanese text. I have no idea what it says, and whatever it does say is probably extremely trivial, but I'm curious anyway. Edit: Apparently it's just some generic warning regarding copyright infringement.
00020_o352.png

Aaaaaaaaand... that's it basically. I haven't looked at all the files (and it's a bit of a hassle to go through without a proper file structure) but I don't think there's anything interesting to find.

00209_o863616.png

Well since you did a good deal of work i hope someone else will finish what you have started! Though this does give me a bit more incentive to buy the game now, as there are not any characters "waiting" to be unlocked through DLC

-This mysterious texture with Japanese text. I have no idea what it says, and whatever it does say is probably extremely trivial, but I'm curious anyway. Edit: Apparently it's just some generic warning regarding copyright infringement.
View attachment 11167

Hello,
I am a new member and don't post really, but maybe I can help here a bit.
I am not an English native speaker, nor a Japanese one, so please forgive my poor writing

Warning
distributing this software via internet without proprietor's consent is a criminal act that violates article 131 paragraph 1 of the copyright law

furthermore, according to the amendment to the said law, starting from January 2010, downloading any material known to be illegal also violates the copyright law (Edit: I saw Your edit after I did the translation :/)

ZWEI
VIOLA
PYRRHA
EVIL PYRRHA
PATROCLUS
TRUTH PATROCLUS
NATSU
XIBA
LEIXIA
AEON
YOSHIMITSU2
ELYSIUM
MASTER KILIK
BOSS ASTAROTH
BOSS CERVANTES
BOSS NIGHTMARE
DEVIL JIN
GUEST1
GUEST2
Interesting. I know there was a boss Cervantes and Nightmare if these are the Legendary Souls versions, but was unaware of boss Astaroth. And if this is the case, where is boss Siegfried? Also, the lack of Edge Master is also interesting to me, unless MASTER KILIK should be two separate lines. If the mimic style is listed elsewhere, then it makes me curious about the original intentions for Elysium and "Master" Kilik.

What if GUEST2 is Harada_TEKKEN?

Or, in case it's styles... I remember when they asked Project Soul if there were going to be more guests, and Tago said: No comments yet. Maybe it didn't go so well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back