Can someone here read info on game disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enkindu

This town needs an enema
I ask this because in MvC3 someone was able to read the data on the disk and found out that Shuma-Gorath and Jill Valentine were on the disk, therefore finding out before they were actually released that they were going to be DLC characters. Is there someone on this website that is technically inclined to do this for SC5 when it comes out? If so, post up and let us know! This would be a great service.

EDIT for hever's idea:
Does anyone know of a site/forum that focuses on technology? Maybe we can take this there when the game is released...

This time, I simply do not think that characters like Talim, Zasalamel, and Yun Seong are on the SCV disc in usable form. To me it seems that these 3 characters just weren't on Project Soul's priority list to implement (yeah, I know that sounds strange when you think about some of the characters they did "prioritize").

I'm speculating that Project Soul didn't get around to including Zasa, Talim, and Yun because the game was rushed out. PS ran out of time due to a company imposed deadline. In this case, it's to many a fans detriment that 3 unique gameplay styles were lost instead of getting balanced and incorporated into SCV.

On the other hand, there IS one on-disc DLC character for sure because Dampierre is definitely on the disc. He'll be DLC for those who can't participate in the Best Buy preorder sweepstakes. It is senseless to make a unique character style like Dampierre's unavailable to everyone on release, while littering so many "slots" with mimics and palette swaps.

What I'm wondering is just how much SCIV data remains in the SCV data construction. Engine-wise, SCV appears to be a modified SCIV rework. You can see a lot of SCIV's overall layout and assets carried directly over to SCV in many cases. The game didn't get a full rewrite/rebuild from the ground up, so who knows what could be found. And who knows what some clever modders could do.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. Please stay on topic. This thread is to find someone that can read the information on the disk to see if they can find out what characters might be coming out for DLC.

This time, I simply do not think that characters like Talim, Zasalamel, and Yun Seong are on the SCV disc in usable form. To me it seems that these 3 characters just weren't on Project Soul's priority list to implement (yeah, I know that sounds strange when you think about some of the characters they did "prioritize").

I'm speculating that Project Soul didn't get around to including Zasa, Talim, and Yun because the game was rushed out. PS ran out of time due to a company imposed deadline. In this case, it's to many a fans detriment that 3 unique gameplay styles were lost instead of getting balanced and incorporated into SCV.

On the other hand, there IS one on-disc DLC character for sure because Dampierre is definitely on the disc. He'll be DLC for those who can't participate in the Best Buy preorder sweepstakes. It is senseless to make a unique character style like Dampierre's unavailable to everyone on release, while littering so many "slots" with mimics and palette swaps.

What I'm wondering is just how much SCIV data remains in the SCV data construction. Engine-wise, SCV appears to be a modified SCIV rework. You can see a lot of SCIV's overall layout and assets carried directly over to SCV in many cases. The game didn't get a full rewrite/rebuild from the ground up, so who knows what could be found. And who knows what some clever modders could do.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. Please stay on topic. This thread is to find someone that can read the information on the disk to see if they can find out what characters might be coming out for DLC.

If you bothered to read, you'd see that it does have to do with what you posted. You're looking for characters and probably want answers as to why so and so didn't make it. What you fail to understand is that the game isn't in that many people's hands yet. But here you are asking for people to analyze the actual game disc contents. Lol.

Good luck with your witch hunt for more characters. Don't say you didn't get a head's up first. I was only trying to help you, since no one is going to be able to give you what you're looking for... for a while. However, someone WILL eventually find out what programming data exists on the SCV disc.

Carry on with your thread. ;)

Uh, no I am not looking for that. My post clearly states that I want to know if there is someone that is able to dig in the data on the disk, when it's released, to see if there are any characters on there that don't show up on the character select screen. This would mean that they are possibly going to be released later as DLC. This way we would find out ahead of time which characters would be coming out as DLC. In no way shape or form did my post say that I wanted to know why so and so char isn't in the game or anything like that at all. All I want to know is who is going to be DLC before they are announced. Thanks.

Uh, no I am not looking for that. My post clearly states that I want to know if there is someone that is able to dig in the data on the disk, when it's released, to see if there are any characters on there that don't show up on the character select screen. This would mean that they are possibly going to be released later as DLC. This way we would find out ahead of time which characters would be coming out as DLC. In no way shape or form did my post say that I wanted to know why so so and char isn't in the game or anything like that at all. All I want to know is who is going to be DLC before they are announced. Thanks.

I fully understood what you meant right from the start. You just want definitive answers and absolutely nothing else. That's understandable. But I suppose I have to commend you on how acutely focused you are on doing something which is quite preposterous just on principle. Think about it:

Hopefully some SC fan will stroll along and tell you who's going to be DLC:

1) before Namco announces their DLC plan

and

2) before the game is even officially released yet. Almost no one even has the game right now.

You're going to have plenty of time to wait -- unless someone who got the game early is interested in "digging in the data on the disk" as much as you are.

Thanks for making the thread though. There's the potential that something interesting could definitely come out of it eventually. Maybe someone is analyzing their early copy's disc contents right now for you. :sc1nm1:

Lol my goodness. Why am I even trying to explain this to someone that has no business posting here? I haven't had a case of the stupids in awhile. I'll ask Oof on facebook, Omega. Good idea.

O my god here we go, can we stick to the subject thanks.

No, here we don't. I will not derail the thread and never intended to.

I will stay out of this thread if it causes it to be derailed... as long as no more condescending, assholish replies are thrown my way due to someone's clearly misdirected frustration with Namco's game decisions.

I'm sincerely hoping that someone (maybe Oofmatic) could oblige the thread creator's request. So from this moment on, I'm out. But I'm wishing for this to be successful since several people might really want to know this information.

So farewell and good luck.

Does anyone know of a site/forum that focuses on technology? Maybe we can take this there when the game is released...

Every time someone cyber-fights in this forum, the thread derails. omg.

I will stay out of this thread if it causes it to be derailed, as long as no more condescending, assholish replies are thrown my way due to someone's clearly misdirected frustration with Namco's game decisions.

I'm sincerely hoping that someone (maybe Oofmatic) could oblige the thread creator's request. So from this moment on, I'm out. But I'm wishing for this to be successful since several people might really want to know this information.

People found out who was gonna be dlc before Netherealm announced it for MK so you are infact wrong. Shut up.

I will stay out of this thread if it causes it to be derailed, as long as no more condescending, assholish replies are thrown my way due to someone's clearly misdirected frustration with Namco's game decisions.

Comprendemos amigo. -___-

Kindly delete your posts too. Thanks!

Every time someone cyber-fights in this forum, the thread derails. omg.

That's a great idea. I will add this question to the OP as well. It would probably be much easier if the person doing it had knowledge of SOULCALIBUR. That way they wouldn't get confused by names of characters in arcade mode and stuff. It's still a great idea though. There has to be some website that can do this.

I ask this because in MvC3 someone was able to read the data on the disk and found out that Shuma-Gorath and Jill Valentine were on the disk, therefore finding out before they were actually released that they were going to be DLC characters. Is there someone on this website that is technically inclined to do this for SC5 when it comes out? If so, post up and let us know! This would be a great service.
I seriously hope someone steps in and does this. Good thread! (seriously)

Hey Enkindu, I'll do some diggin around - Im not so much of a tech wizz, but hope I can find something (websites and info)

First, I'll look for how they managed to read the data off MVC3, as reference....and I got this

EDIT : This is the way they managed to hack for Jill in MVC3. Not sure if same approach will apply for X360.

The info is pulled from the game's executable file - which is supposedly something

"This was a relatively simple hack. I decrypted the PS3 version’s executable file, changed some variables around, and replaced Viewtiful Joe with Jill. I then re-encrypted the executable and made a quick modification to the game data MvC3 installs onto the PS3. (Namely, changed a parameter so that the game would treat the modified executable as though it were a patch.) After a bit more tweaking and poking at the game files, I successfully loaded her into the character select screen. (And yes, she’s completely playable, albeit at the expense of losing Viewtiful Joe.) "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back