Capcom open to buyout

Who would you like to see buying Capcom?

• Sony

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else (please elaborate)

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
A Microsoft buyout would be perfect for me because I've always been loyal to the Xbox brand. Just imagine:

- Resident Evil 7 exclusive to Xbox One
- Dino Crisis reboot exclusive to Xbox One
- Dead Rising 4 exclusive to Xbox One
- Dragons Dogma II exclusive to Xbox One
- Mega Man revived on XBLA
- Street Fighter X Killer Instinct

All with unlimited funding from Microsoft.

To those who say the Xbox One is an inferior machine, cloud gives X1 power that the PS4 doesn't have. Crackdown 3 will feature real time destruction of all buildings on a level that can't be done anywhere else all in a large scale multiplayer open world.

Yeah, Microsoft did wonders with Rare. Plus the xb1 is poopie. Not to say the PS4 is record breaking hardware, but at least it can almost run games at 1080p.... almost.

Yeah, Microsoft did wonders with Rare. Plus the xb1 is poopie. Not to say the PS4 is record breaking hardware, but at least it can almost run games at 1080p.... almost.
It can definitely run games at 1080p, the reason for the discrepancy at first was because of bad dev kits. Bungie themselves said things have improve, especially with the power freed from Kinect, with Destiny being in 1080p.

It can definitely run games at 1080p, the reason for the discrepancy at first was because of bad dev kits. Bungie themselves said things have improve, especially with the power freed from Kinect, with Destiny being in 1080p.

Nah, the problem is that the console was already out of date when it was released. It just doesn't have what it takes. Neither does the PS4, but the point is that exclusivity on xb1 is going to lower the overall quality of the game. And, once again, I cite my reference to Rareware. Even if devs could somehow make games with excellent resolutions, consistent 60fps frame rates, more advanced physics engines, more objects on screen etc; Microsoft still can't release good, "3rd party" games. They just gut the companies they buy.

Nah, the problem is that the console was already out of date when it was released. It just doesn't have what it takes. Neither does the PS4, but the point is that exclusivity on xb1 is going to lower the overall quality of the game. And, once again, I cite my reference to Rareware. Even if devs could somehow make games with excellent resolutions, consistent 60fps frame rates, more advanced physics engines, more objects on screen etc; Microsoft still can't release good, "3rd party" games. They just gut the companies they buy.
Yeah, because Sony does so well with the companies they buy. Look how well Zipper Interactive is doing... OH!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, because Sony does so well with the companies they buys. Look how well Zipper Interactive is doing... OH!!!

I don't give a shit about Sony, we're talking about Microsoft here right? Sorry if you assume that I'm a braindead fanboy, but unfortunately I am not so you're going to have use some actual, relevant information here if you're going to convince me that Microsoft buying out ANYBODY is a good thing for the company bought. And no, exclusive titles are not a good thing.

I don't give a shit about Sony, we're talking about Microsoft here right? Sorry if you assume that I'm a braindead fanboy, but unfortunately I am not so you're going to have use some actual, relevant information here if you're going to convince me that Microsoft buying out ANYBODY is a good thing for the company bought. And no, exclusive titles are not a good thing.
Because Capcom going the way of THQ and Microsoft with their unlimited money could save them from that.

Because Capcom going the way of THQ and Microsoft with their unlimited money could save them from that.

That still does nothing to show why Microsoft buying them would be good. You could make the same argument if McDonalds bought them or something.

That still does nothing to show why Microsoft buying them would be good. You could make the same argument if McDonalds bought them or something.
Because Microsoft would bring their dead projects to life, that's why we have Dead Rising 3.

History begs to differ, since they basically strangled Rareware to death.
Microsoft bought Rare for $375,000,000 and they all they got in return were underpreformers. Combined all games they made only gross $100,000,000, little more than a quarter of what they were bought for. That's why they had them make Kinect Sports, because that game sold.

Oh yeah, Dead Rising 3 was such a runaway success. That's why it lost its Xbox 1 exclusivity.

Dead Rising 3 sold 1.2 million on Xbox, more than 1/5 of the userbase owns the game. Microsoft simply allowed Capcom to port it to PC. They hold the publishing rights to the game, having funded its development. That's why you'll never see Dead Rising 3 on PS4.

MS, lol fuck MS
You have to be xbox die hard fanboy or straight retard to wishsomething like that
A Microsoft buyout would be perfect for me because I've always been loyal to the Xbox brand.
Did+not+see+that+one+coming+at+all+10+10+_935dcbdf873692a69554a3b4cb78fce3.gif

All I want is for squeenix to purchase breath of fire, update it to an active combat system like star ocean, and create BoF generations with a story that brings together characters from 1,2,3.

Teh @Gatsu was right all along. Well, I'd say we all saw this coming from a mile away, but still... RIP in peace.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/17/58...tock-takeover-defense-plan-now-open-to-buyout

Whoever buys Capcom insta-wins this gen. Not sure on whom to put my money yet, but given recent developments, I think Nintendo buying Capcom would be the shit. A single console with a library ranging from Zelda to Bayonetta to Megaman to Star Fox to Street fighter to Mario, all exclusives, would fucking dominate the industry. But TBH all I hope is that it doesn't go the way of Rare after a Microsoft acquisition.
Sega! Sonic team still has some life in it.

Yep, they did just those three. Ages/Seasons are still my favorite Zelda games to date.

Minish is my fave handheld, not so keen on Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks after it though.

Still, it proves that IF Nintendo bought Capcom, which I doubt, it ain't all doom and gloom.

Why do people want Nintendo to buy Capcom? I don't want all Capcom games to flop on the Pee U.

Back