Cassandra Videos

I was referring to backdash :<

But for parrying I would assume 3B would be a staple option (assuming it hits), I'll go through the moveset and see what I find next time I'm on.

@Hotrod family:
1st vid:
66B+KA is bad but you had to go finishing it with the mid (66B+KAB) thats unsafe man, bad alround... 22KK or JMP K are both bad, 22K is good on wake-up but following that through is like -25, really bad, spacing requires knowledge to punish JMP K and 22KK, still very bad... For pokes, I'd like to see more BB (because BK can be ducked etc... it is good though), more 6B at range, mid range is where this move rules, and more 2K during uncertainty, when things get awkward 2K is a nice low chip, so is 2A in this situation... Remember, your biggest flaws were throwing out unsafe attacks, take a peek at her frames and anything Mid or High thats -15 or worse consider the consequences...
2nd vid:
In this one its pretty much the same thing, but this time I wanna see better punishment; BB/ AA/ 6K/ 236:B give me something outta them for punishment and I'll be happy... Your opponent could step a bit more/better, this would make it more difficult for you too because you'd probably try using 66A but that attack works best at short range and durring frame traps... I see you throw 22B+K out like a poke at range, and I understand that, the move is good too... However, 22B+K is better suited to tech traps and wake-up than poking just because it can be stepped most of the time... Take a look at Cassy's tech trap thread, you don't have to go overboard, just practice some of them...
3rd vid:
66K, i forgot about this one, it's another good poke, its best used between mid and close range or for frame traps, it does Tech Jump so getting +4 or more for frame traps is essential with her... Also, throw more, 66B+G is a fine throw and has some fun combos, 66B+G, 88K, 236:B is a fun combo because its a crossover and can confuse you on how to do it in tense situations... Another thing, 66A+B is a tough move, good SCD, range, and damage, but you can be punished even though I think its a worthy attack, just watch out cause HRJ almost 6A punished that... Funny, AS AB got juked, move is balls anyway so I don't recommend it, her AS attacks are primarily for punishment and combos anyway so stick to 2B+K when you think about that stuff... If you're gonna use 66B+K either stop at the first hit or follow through with the low kick, it's just that you're unsafe either way... Again, it'll help to learn her tech and frame traps...
4th vid:
The way you start your matches off is OK, but then again its pure shit... Stepping into 88B+K ain't a great way to get a head start exactly... I recommend stepping and waiting, step to the side back or foward even, just wait first, her openers aren't the best really, then whiff or block punish accordingly... On another note, try mastering iFC 1B, it's a great tool for wake-up, better than 1K in most situations in my opinion... 3B is an unsafe launcher making it a bad poke, use it for whiff punish instead... Oh, Cassy does have a mean wake-up game: iFC 1B/ 33B/ rush~66B/ rush~Throw/ 66A+B/ 22*88K/ 22*88B+K/ 33K~/ etc... You like WR A, watch out, it whiffs at close range, you have been warned... Learn to IMP strings with 4B+K*4A+K not pokes... AND HRJ IS THE WINNER ~lol...
5th vid:
OK, 4BB is good step catch at mid~close range, keep in mind the 2nd hit what you're really after because the 2nd hit is unsafe not horribly though, and has fear advantage due to the JF powerslap... Because of the powerslap they have to duck and punish, wait and guard it, or tech crouch/ auto-IMP the slap... So hit-confirming is key to 4BB, if they block it don't follow through, but when its apparent they've stepped or attacked into it powerslap em'... Practice it too, don't just do 4BB:A because you "like the look and feel", be able to use it properly and it will treat you well... Oh man, again, work on that punishment, if you didn't hold WR A you could have punished Maxi's 2B+KB at 40sec. and I'm sure of it... I loved that repel into 22B+K, good job on that one...
6th vid:
Nice start, thats what I'm talkin about man! Uh-Oh, Hotrod getting dirty with them 1A's... Junior didn't like your pro mixup ~lol, teach him some pro mixups, thats payback for match 4... Attack off them 2K's on CH my friend, normal hit is -4 but for Cassy it's -5... You could've won with CH 2K, FC 2K frame trap... iFC 1B would've been nice too here and there, learn it... I think I've covered alot here so far, it's hard to critique these last few vids, you just keep making the same mistakes... Your occasional 44B+K is nice, but it's unsafe too, though I'd rather see it used in combos and tech traps like after CH 2B+K for example... HRJ can break grabs alright, does he know the trick to it so it's not so bothersome? It would be tougher to fight that Maxi with auto-grapple break A skill...
7th vid:
Your little 2K at 22sec. got spit on by HRJ, thats what I mean, pay attention to the CH's and it'll get easier man... Dirty 1A's man, don't fall for that habbit, use her 1A's in tech traps like after CH 4AB etc... 1A has it's use, but it is a lag tactic... You devolved in this match, your 6th vid is your strongest so far... HRJ could have totally attacked your ass after WL K ~lol... B+K is kinda slow but it's a good poke and I don't have a problem with your timing on that one, but maybe you could have stopped at the first hit a couple times, following through gets predicatable... BT 2K means you get punished, remember that cause thats for every character... I would have liked to see BT 2A or BT B+K in most of those situations, and BT B+K is safe with some good SCD (I think)...
8th vid:
Finally man, hopefully I've helped you both a bit in a way, even just a little bit is alright with me... I just don't want to have to see another shit match like that last one... Learn your followups off of 6K, you get a force block with 33B or you get a tech mix of 236:B or Low-Throw... Nice reaction to LO AK there, I really liked that one... Man, not again, learn them frames, WR K is + on grd... Overall though it looks like you have a shot at being good with her, good choice on trying to learn her... Any questions on Cassy you can ask me online, especially with her frame data...

That Maxi can use 2KK on wake-up a bit more...

^I appreciate the time you took to check those out.
This is all a learning process for me and need information like this. Im really enjoying learning cass, its tough for me to hit check things and notice what CH 2k looks like.

Im learing that cassy is actually kinda complex. More so than I thought. But not as complex as maxi, but with better rewards, less risk. Ima take all this stuff you wrote down and play with it some. I promise to improve....LOL

HRD

woah that is quite the essay. well here's my advice based on watching matches 4-5-6:

no offense zombiebear, but i disagree with lots of your tips. i think that by the numbers they are good but in practicality many don't make much sense.

first of all lay off the 236b/236(B)...it is LOL unsafe. HRJ wasn't really punishing it but you might teach him how to do so, so that you don't develop falling on it as a habit.

after CH 2b+k, do either 4bba or 44b+k, both will give you about as much damage as 2b+g but they aren't breakable. 4bba is awesome for oki, W!, and RO. CH2b+k~4bba is one of her best RO tools. CH2b+k~44b+k whiffs sometimes, but rarely, and it will often lead to BT mixup. remember that cassy has no good low mixup except for BT. i disagree with zombiebear 100% on this. if you can get BT, that is perhaps cassy's strongest offensive mixup position. sure BT 2k is -18 or 19, but who cares? nobody is gonna block it and risk eating BT b+k~b+k for like 70 DMG. again BT b+k/2k is a GREAT mixup. don't ignore it.

another place i disagree with zombiebear is on 1k. USE IT. it is quick, virtually unsee-able, leads to great damage/W!/RO on CH, has good TJ properties, hits grounded...i mean it is a great move. it is - on hit though, so for the love of god stop attacking after it. remember that 1k and 33k are her only good chip lows, and her best way to force a duck at close range. speaking of which, where were the 33k/33k~a+k/33kk mixups?

in my opinion cassy has the third, maybe fourth best grapple game in the game. remember that you can RO with BOTH a+g and 66b+g. you get great mixup options off of 66b+g, not to mention an 8 frame break window, not to mention i'm good looking. even her regular b+g gives you amazing oki. you can 1a or 3b if they roll, and it TTs into another throw if they like to mash shit. she has great crouch grabs, the best back throw in the game, and just good options all around.

it is next to impossible to force someone to duck with cassy, so use 1k, 33k and THROW THROW THROW. it is the only way you will get them to duck and open up her really great mid options like 66a, 66b and 33b.

another disagreement i have with zombiebear is 1a. is he blocking it? is he starting strings with aa a little too often? 1A all day, baby. watch KDZ vs ceirnian EVO 2k9 finals video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJQbnAYFeD4 and then tell me 1a is garbage. plus, maybe he learns to block it...what then? watch poor maxi try and punish -17 at that pushback range...not gonna happen. at best it shreds, at worst it gets punished for puny damage and your opponent has one more reason to think about ducking.

if you have trouble hit checking CH2k, well here is the tip i got from linkRKC years ago for early sc3 that helped me TONS. learn to look away of unfocus...example: find something, like the brand insignia or the power button or a picture on top of your TV to drift your eyes to when you attack. then look for color. if you aren't looking directly at it, it is easier to see that red flash and react. once you get used to that you will stop doing it as you get better at recognizing it. don't look for CH based on what happens to them on hit...look for that red flash.

and whore out her 2a over 2k. it is faster, safer, and it gives you more advantage on both hit and CH. hell idk the numbers but 2k is - on hit. don't even bother with it unless you need that midrange chip dmg.

i'm not gonna talk about maxi punishment cause i assume you know it, but remember that cassy's offensive pressure game is kind of ass. her mixup game is straight up ass, and her range/keepaway game is ass and a half. you HAVE to punish with her and punish hard. that is her biggest strength.

ugggg ok so maybe i did write an essay. oops. well just ignore it. wtf do i know............

awesome Lobo, Thank you so much. Its so hard to remember every little thing, it takes time for me. Im a slow learner I guess. I value all that everyone has contributed (Partisan, Lobo, Zombiebear) and look forward to taking more notes from others. Ill post up more vids in a month or 2 to see what improvments Ive made and what still needs to be corrected. And I promise to stop attacking after 1K. but it just seems like theres a followup that can be gotten after it (236 b???)

awesome guys keep it coming, I gotta get cassy ready for DEV

HRD

nope. 1k is either -1 or -2 ON HIT. there is nothing there. CH1k is a different story, though, and gives you 4bba, making it fucking awesome.

I've already PM'ed you my general thoughts, but, in regards to some of the things being said here:

66A+B - This move is safe in practice due to the amount of push-back on it. Don't use it when your opponent is too close to a wall so that it won't push them back, but, even then, its only -14 so you're not going to get hurt too badly for it. The real danger with this move, is its linearity.

66B+K,A - The 2nd hit here is a high, you can duck it and punish it quite easily. The B and K follow-ups are both -18 on block, its just people will tend to block the B more often due to it being more damaging/knockdown than the K which is just a poke. If you do land a CH 66B+K, do the full 66B+K,A,B,4BB:A combo.

4BB:A - This move is always unsafe. Anyone with a standard 2A can use it to punish you if you stop at 4BB, and it'll duck and punish the :A anyways, there's no need to react to the JF or not to punish this move.

236B/236[ B ] - These are your punishers, use them against your opponent's unsafe stuff, and try not to use them otherwise.

Throws - Use more B throws, unless of course, your opponent is always breaking B. A+G does less damage, and throws your opponent away from you which is the last place you want them as a primarily short-range character.

GIs - Don't parry when your opponent's soul gauge is flashing red, go for the repel for the critical finish!!!

Counterhits - You can always just look for the counter-hit notification under your opponent's life bar, its there for a reason.

2A vs 2K - While 2A has better frames on hit/block, 2K is at least a low, 2A can always be blocked. So, use both.

@Lobo & Hotrod:
No offense taken, great notes/tips... "Don't be afraid to gamble Hotrod" thats what I get from this... When I was talking about her 1A, I understand it's pros and cons, but I was stating my thoughts for Hotrod's sake, if he fights a sharp opponent I wouldn't like to see him lose to a punished 1A thrown out for a desperate win, and nether would he really... Also I never said to rule out 1K completely, I recognize it as a good chip low like you said Lobo, but I just don't like how it can whiff, same with her WR A... But I have to admit her BT'd mixup is good and you're right about that Lobo, but from a numbers perspective just keep in mind that BT 2K is pretty punishable and same with 1A, that even if you do get chipped the opponent has the upperhand in most situations here... I would say learn her matchups too Hotrod, because a punish from Sig/ Asta/ or Nightmare can be a painful experience...

This is my cassandra, I don't use her often but I would like her to be better, can you guys point out moves I should be using, am not using enough, and moves I shouldn't be using? thanks alot :)

Back