Cassandra Videos

Warning: I suck.

Your yomi is god-awful. You never tech jump X's 2A more than twice a round, what is that?

Thanks for posting vids from the tourney, been wating for 'em.

Just saw these on youtube, and yeah, you do suck. Well first of all, i barely see any mixups and only see like 3 hit combos.

Seriously, anyone with seeklet cool strats you think would work, let me know.
I'll put them to use!

...Wow...I've never seen such nice,high res videos on YouTube...
Anyways,now I am no expert,but you do the same thing that I do and that's slow escaping off the ground.
Try to take your time and side step while on the ground a bit,it'll take some damage,but not a whole lot,depending on your opponent.
Another thing,when you tech roll,block,or better yet,don't tech roll and just block,I've seen a couple people do it and it usually works. You also seem to not know Cass bread and butter,so try and look at her frame data or the threads here,they helped me understand her a bit better.
Also,try to learn what's safe and unsafe for your opponents character of choice. It'll help out.
Now like I said,I am NO EXPERT. But it's the best advice I can give you.

Fuck.
I'm missing the bread AND the butter?
That was helpful though, thanks for taking the time to watch them!

Not a problem! :]
Always happy to help a fellow gamer. n_n

Also,mostly what I do when using Cass is :B::K:. [It leaves you at +2 on block,which is a plus on your part]
So right after wards I do her :3::K: that leads your opponent to a crouch stun on Hit,which will give you a free down grab,I use :2::A:+:G: (leads them to a stun as well) and then I do :4::B::B:::A:.
Most people fall for it,so give it a try!
But if all fails and they start to catch on,be sure to mix things up!

KDZ:
hopefully these comments aren't too scrubby for you.. (only watched the tourney match with you vs serge and the kowtow one... )

I think overall your cass is pretty darn good... personally i like how you move in and out and step... good stuff... i like your pokes in general...

stuff i think you can work on

1) combos:... maybe i play cf too often.....or maybe jf combos are actually less damage i dunno
2) post BK blocked mixup seems kinda bland... you do basically the same shit... over and over... yes there's mixup in moves.. but they are all 'i attack immediately with fast moves' even AA/BB imo... unless your opponent doesn't know BK block gives frames ok.. do that.. otherwise.. you can be a little more tricky... i do see you do more than that.. but hm... i was thinking maybe.. fake? maybe step? from time to time...
3) your ground game could be better i think... maybe train people to get up by doing something like 1B (it's still the same move that hits ground right? kinda like lizardman but not as good?) or even 2K.. ... sure it's no damage.. but at least you're doing a little annoying damage to your opponent to convince them to get up so you can do bigger mixups :)... nobody likes a free hit on the ground just because they are rolling around... you convince them to get up quickly all the time.. they'll stand up faster which will make it easier for youto do another mixup

anyways... hopefully these comment meant something to you and weren't too scrubby... hopefully will get to play you next month when i'm in town... (nyc...)

-LAU

I was watching the first vid and I was like... "jeez at least 2A the guy before he perfects you the third time..." and then you just did it into the 66B+G..........2A, 66B+G. What a staple.

But when you did 33B, A+B, 7K to get the X over the low wall... man that was freaking sweet.

Time to play the game called "Tell KDZ how bad he is!"

Step 1: Watch the Vids!
Step 2: Berate me for being so ****ing bad
Step 3: Tell me how to not be so bad!

Have fun, and don't hold back!

Its terminal, there's no hope, just give up and fade into obscurity. Pick Rock or something.

Not enough :(4)::B:+:K:

Edit: I'll watch your matches again and see if I can give any advice. Your Cass completely owns mine, but you never know, maybe there are some mistakes that others notice which you don't notice yourself. Other than that, I've got some match vids of my rubbish 3 day old Cass which I could post, because it's sometimes useful to observe different play styles and combine what you see into a more comfortable and effective gameplan.

Damn, that's some nice cass work there. I'll just give you some of the stuff I use that I didn't see you (ab)use as much as I would have.

My cass is VERY heavy on the frame tech, much more so than yours. I dunno if that's better or worse, for sure your cass would probably hand mine her ass in terms of movement and spacing. BK (blocked) into 2B+K CH into low grab, not the fastest thing to use after BK, but still, I abuse the hell outta that until they wise up and start breaking, ONLY then, mix up the low grab with other stuff, possibly faster stuff, or none at all if they expect it and turtle up, then just grab or something. I saw you do maybe one of those in the vids (BK, 2B+K, low grab), indeed, you tend to use safer options after the BK than I do.

WS K too, mix that shit in whenever you can and then follow it up also, I'm sure you know it's the same idea as BK, but leaves them crouching on block = many options from here. I did see you do it some, but I think you can still stand to set it up for more shenanigans. One spicy option is to try WS K (blocked) into 66K, seriously, since they're forced to crouch from the WS K, the 66K ass usually beats out most things they will likely mash to retaliate, then you get a nice CH stun to play with. Also, should try to setup to get them to block more charged stuff, possibly on wakeup, 88_99 or B+K seem to work best, then follow it up for more frame advantage mixups.

A good string I use that I didn't see you use is the 1B into FC followups: FC 2A for interrupt, FC 1B if they freeze, FC 3B if they try to BB you, FC 236 blah blah for random shit. Throw it in once or twice a match for some fun guessing games. 1B itself is more useful than it looks.

Also, like someone else said before - 33K, A+K (blocked) into fun follow ups. Nothing guaranteed, but even if you trade blows, Cass usually has advantage cuz most of her normal hits land hard.

Your 1K into 9B spam is awesome lol.

Edit: forgot to add, BB or AA from tip distance (blocked or hit) into 214 shenanigans would add some spice to your game too.

KDZ's Cass Vids: Getting Worse day-by-day

Time to play another round of the game called "Tell KDZ how to get better!!!!!"

Step 1: Watch the Vids!

*Just the first match*

Step 2: Tell me how to be better! Don't hold back, I don't have feelings!
Step 3: After I'm done crying, console me.

Enjoy, no diplomacy necessary!

DUH!!! Use her infinite

I'm just kidding (I know its banned) I haven't watched much yet but some stuff I would do...

If B+K gets blocked so much they hold it more often or just don't complete it

I think from 236 you can get more damage from 2BBK on CH

Or throw in a crouch throw here and there

Also against fast people like Taki who like to run in I can usually get 44A in

I have no notable offline experience so I'm not sure how viable my advice is.
(I watch the rest after my stupid class)

After B,K, Taki can still beat a lot of your options, even with the frame advantage. The thing is...Taki knows that you want to attack, lol. Just noting, since it appeared to me that every time you threw it out, you almost always lost the mixup after. Untrain yourself to try to get the 2B CH i guess against taki.

Also, are you dropping combos on purpose? I wasn't sure if that was the case for better oki, but in a lot of cases I think the damage would really have helped you. I guess its a tossup since you still have the knockdown and positioning afterwards. Its a hard call because its hard enough to get pressure on taki.

A random thing i noted, don't b+g throw so that you're back is facing the wall, lol. that just makes your life a lot harder. Probably unintentional because 66B+G can't be done while running up anymore.

Incredibly solid Cass, KDZ. Like iKotomi said though, every time you ate an A after B,K, I died a little inside. I think you ate about 8 or 9 of them until 8:32 into the second vid when you finally went for the 2B+K. If you spam that a few times, you make Taki think about what she's going to do after B,K rather than just using A to get out of it. I think you should have abused that a little more until she started to think about blocking, at which time you could do some mixups with throws. Standard CH after B,K just doesn't work against Taki.

Also, I'm not sure I ever saw you do an A throw. Obviously not a big deal, but it couldn't hurt to mix that up a little.

Great plays as always. I enjoyed watching.

first:thx for the vids ive enjoyed watching!
second:oh man..ehm how should i explain??..ok i try..so im sry if i say something wrong to say it in the beginning =)
..you have almost the problem like most of the people out there...you stay at the same level in your play style...try to mix it up..and do something against that..i see it in the vid everytime you have a good distance to your opponent you stay there an block O.o go into offense and do a lil pressure und try to fake lil bit around...that helps a lot with cassandra ;)
...and if the opponent gets you under pressure you do desperate BB...hmm....i hope its not so harsh what im saying here...try to overcome yourself and not your opponent..its easy to say yeah...but i believe that helps you out...watch yourself in the vids and say somethin about what you could have done bette ;)

KDZ - I think you are played great. I hope to see that same Cas at NEC!

Back